• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crystal Lotus

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't quite understand the crystal lotus quest. When I walk up to the crystal and tiles, they are always cycling already. If I say the required words to start the quest, there does not seem to be any change in the cycling except the journal says you admire the colored tiles. Do you have to restate that you seek the lotus after every failure?

Secondly, do you have to get the combination right more than once? How do you know that you have been successful on any given attempt? I have 4 people and my self on our end who agree on the submitted sequence, but we invariably get the failed message. Somehow, I feel that the system is not recognizing our solution. This is why I ask if you have to say "I seek the lotus" before every attempt.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok the lotus quest is a bit trickie. first off you know you just have to click the tiles in the proper order to do the quest, secondly you dont have to do each one in succsession, you only need to do i think 4 of them correctly.

do the following steps

1. say the phrase to start the game. it will tell you in text that you need to pay attention to the pattern, then you need to wait till the pattern is finished and it will tell you to solve it.double click on the tiles in that order ( example : green-purple-green-red-blue) and wait...it will tell you you either failed or succedded and need to do then next one...complete that 4-5 times and you can then claim your petal.
2. after doing this with 5 charicters and having multiple strange failures i did notice that sometimes the puzzle would stay on a color for a longer then normal period of time and on each occasion i would get the failure notice even if i knew for a fact i put it in the correct way.. my assumption is it may stay on that color longer to indicate a doubling up on that color.
3. anywho you dont need to do each one in strict order to complete it so if your having trouble instead of doing those damned 8 color ones, just wait a bit for the simple patterns or the 4-5 color ones and do those, you will eventually get it done.just be patient.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you have to be up to the part in the quest chain where you can actually say "I seek the lotus" - you aren't

it comes after you kill the 10 lifestealers and go back to queen zhah's castle and go to the next step in the quest chain

if you don't get the message that you can "enter your pattern now" after you say "I seek the lotus", then you aren't up to that point in the quest chain yet

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replies. Our problem was that we were not double clicking, bit single clicking on the tiles. Will give this a try.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A tip to help solve the lotus puzzle.​

Take a piece of paper near you . Give each path a number from 1 to 6.

The wait till you see the path turn light. Quickly write down what you see like.​

Example :R2 B1 P6 G4 G1​

Would mean Red 2 Tile then Blue 1 Tile then Purple 6 tile and then Green 1 Tile.​

When you see a tile stay white longer then normal it means you need to press it 2 times in a row.​

It helps if you can't memories the very long ones.​

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes it does indicate you have to click it twice when it stays longer then normal even 3 times i had once! so be patiant it will happen dont get discouraged if multiple failures they dont seem to count just keep trying!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok 1 clarification to Yanaki2's discription.
You need only use one set of the square mats... I found the 4 patch of squares (the one on Frarc's picture to the far right). was the easyest to work.

I found if you wait for a second cycle in the beginning to see the way it goes. You may start when it says you have not completed the pattern.

Watch the color patches change to white in random order all over the square patches (all the squares are used for the pattern you must copy on one set of squares...)

As was noted it will flash white indicating a secquence you must then go to the chosen squares and click in. Such as : red blue blue purple green green

There can be as few at 4 and up to 8 in a chain of patterns so dont fret if it seems too long stop and wait for the next set, it will not count against you. You will succeed.

Warning the time you have is very very short so dont lolly gag and write out the color names, just initalize it and go from there. Good Luck!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I just wait for the sequences that are shorter. 4-6 in length.

I then call out the colors outloud, this tends to help me commit them to memory. Then all I have to remember is which of the 6 area's to go to each time.

It takes many attempts but once you get the hang of it .... it's not so bad.

5% Luck

I did it similar to Frarc. I numbered each tile 1-24 then called out the numbers as they lit up to my brother as he wrote them down then he called them back. I was able to pull off a few sixes that way! But I do like the patch numbering though when it lights up you cannot see the color.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Wow..Simon Says in UO..how quaint.

I don't have SA yet so I can't do the simon says quest...but what is the petal for? I'm still searching out information on all the new quests in SA, this one got my attention...I was never very good at simon says :/

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow..Simon Says in UO..how quaint.

I don't have SA yet so I can't do the simon says quest...but what is the petal for? I'm still searching out information on all the new quests in SA, this one got my attention...I was never very good at simon says :/
The Petal is part of the quest for the 2nd Queen's Collection book.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Is that a regular quest or part of a fiction quest?

I have to wait until account management is back online before I can upgrade to SA but I'm trying to catch up on as much as possible.

I did look on UOGuide and found a ton of quests for the new SA areas but no queen quests?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, down the basement of the palace are 2 more quests. :)