• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Crystal Ball - blessed - Thats it!

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hi there, me again ;)

From an old stone tower i got this today:

crystalball.JPG

Anyone knows were this comes from? I remember you could loot Crystal Balls back in the past from Liches right? But i cant remember they were blessed...i also searched all the old anniversary items you could get and all of that crystalballs are marked with something...

Txs in advance
Ron

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, I do believe these are from Liches.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Oh btw - i just checke all my Crystal Balls i have, so the 300th anniversary one's that are kinda bugged now (showing text double and/or not even showing the Text Crystal Ball just say blessed as item name) and all the Snow Globes - the one in my pic has this little shiny dot the 300th crystal balls dunnot have - but the snow globes have it - you can compare it yourself - i found another Crystal Ball that just says Crystal Ball but is not blessed...they all weigh 10 Stones...

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blessed crystal balls are from glitched snowglobes. As my memory serves me it was after the initial snowglobe launch and when you tried to claim one from the ticket you got a blessed crystal ball (shared graphic) instead. I believe it was year two and the year one tickets caused this glitch when redeemed. The non-blessed version of crystal balls are what was dropped from monsters a very long ago. Personally I'd put the value of the non-blessed at 300-500k and the blessed version about 150k. Hope that helps.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Tys Assia, as usual you know the answer ;)
I also found the rumor on the weg it might have been a glitch putting a 300th anniversary ball on a vendor causing the text to dissapear and leaving it as Crystal Ball *blessed* only..possible?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest, I never have heard of the 300th anniversary ball glitch causing the same thing. I just remember redeeming a ticket for the initial snowglobes (Britain, etc) and getting a blessed crystal ball. As I recall it was after the second set of holiday globes was released. It was pretty popular poor man's alternative to the singing ball as it was slightly different than the monster loot version (blessed with dot). It used to be animated like a snowglobe too when locked down, but not sure if it still is. You might find someone willing to pay more than what I quoted if they know the difference and the history. Good luck. :)

P.S. I am far from having all the answers... I'm just an' old dragon who has been around for a long time. *grins*

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I am going to lock them all down lets see whats happening ;)
And, i am not selling anything anyway, i HORD stuff thats my fun of the game tehehe
Txs my old Dragonlady *hides behind a stone* ;)

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first ball "simply" Blessed was a glitched version of the Mondain Q&A ball, much like the one to its right, but they were "glitched" at different points of time when placed on vendors. The Q&A Balls were from the 300th anniversary bags which had a bag, wand, coin, hangover cure and ball. Mondain's plate was a complimentary item to that set, but was given out in game separately.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for testing it. All four balls should be safe to lock down and display. *blows a smoke ring in your direction* Good luck, sir