• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crushing blow not working?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Hi all. Today I gave Crushing Blow a try. Made just plain ornate axe, imbued with Air elemental slayer , HLD , liches. equipped my warrior/tamer with 180+ stamina and 55 SSI , went to hunt UEV in shame (they are my recent test mobs)
Damage with crushing blow is same as normal hit without special 75-85 or so. More : when using onslaught, normal hit has higher damage as it should, but hits with crushing blow stay same.
Is it a bug or a feature ? I had one UEV honored : also no difference in Crushing Blow damage. So what am I doing wrong?

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hmmm what is your weapon skill and what is your tactics skill?

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Swords 120 tactics 120 , also have 100anatomy on me.
By all means it should be working with those stats. Maybe post about it in the official forum? Definitely seems off.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This might be old info but it seems like the additional damage from crushing blow (50%) goes toward the 300% damage increase cap; therefore if you are fighting something that has a slayer & is honored then you are likely already at the 300% bonus cap. The only benefit from this special when at the 300% cap would be the 10 stam loss to the target.

Crushing Blow - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

I'll default to @PlayerSkillFTW to confirm

gwen

Slightly Crazed
This might be old info but it seems like the additional damage from crushing blow (50%) goes toward the 300% damage increase cap; therefore if you are fighting something that has a slayer & is honored then you are likely already at the 300% bonus cap. The only benefit from this special when at the 300% cap would be the 10 stam loss to the target.

Thanks. I missed that part , or my brain didn't wanted to read that part hoping for the best. One more quite useless special.
At least it does no damage to yourself like force of nature.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Yep. Crushing Blow does not exceed the 300% Damage Cap, and only inflicts 10 Stamina damage in that case.

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
Hi! Good catch on the 300% multiplier cap. Crushing blow does have use in events and against paragons without slayers. Honor, EOO, and crushing blow will get you around 200% ish (depending on chiv skill). Consecrate adds another 10. Couple that with onslaught. If you can get a large group (over 4 at 120 Bushido), you can also get another 100 from WW ( but no crushing blow). So 200-250 without slayers.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi! Good catch on the 300% multiplier cap. Crushing blow does have use in events and against paragons without slayers. Honor, EOO, and crushing blow will get you around 200% ish (depending on chiv skill). Consecrate adds another 10. Couple that with onslaught. If you can get a large group (over 4 at 120 Bushido), you can also get another 100 from WW ( but no crushing blow). So 200-250 without slayers.
100% DI from gear+100% from Honor Perfection+82% from 120 Chiv EoO+15% from 120 Chiv Con Wep = 297/300 Damage cap, even against foes without Slayers. Crushing Blow is still useless in that case. Paragons have a large amount of Stamina Regeneration, so the 10 Stamina damage from Crushing Blow would be almost instantly regenerated. Hit Fatigue with high DPS is better for slowing down their attack speed.