• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

crud! this didnt work like i had intended!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i pulled a nice shield out of shame this week, i decided to imbue it tonight.

it started with this

Hit Point Regen 3
HCI 5
SSI 5
DI 35
phy 15
enrgy 1

so i decided i would use a charge on my forged metal artifact tool and enhance this bad boy.
i have a real nice Hit Point Regen suit that i love to roll around in, and i figured slapping 2 more hit point regen onto this shield would make it to die for on my macer.

so i enhanced it with bloodwood.
it deleted the HPR 3 and reset it to HPR 2!
it should have put it to HPR 5, darn it!!!

since when does enhancing with wood erase a the property and start it over from scratch?

im thinking this is a bug, but holy hell, i have bad enough luck with those bloody expensive forged metal artifact tools!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we better take this as a general warning. Shields don't normally spawn with hpr, so I'm guessing there's no coding in the enhancing to look for it.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HCI 5 ???

Are you saying you pulled a shield that had Hit Chance Increase on it?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya, pretty much every shield out of shame has HCI 5 on it now adays.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably related to this issue, is the fact that if you imbue 2 HPR onto wooden armor and then enhance with Bloodwood, you still only get 2 HPR, instead of 4 HPR. :(

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably related to this issue, is the fact that if you imbue 2 HPR onto wooden armor and then enhance with Bloodwood, you still only get 2 HPR, instead of 4 HPR. :(
Yeah I didn't say anything earlier but it seems like I remember this is now intentional. I recall the HPR 4 wooden armor and I think I remember the devs putting in a change to prevent it.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive never heard anything about the devs changing that.

huh.

still grrrrr, but huh as well.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait! Seriously? No more HPR 4 for imbued and enhanced wooden armor? For sure?

This should definitely removed again, if true. When I can find stuff with hpr 9 on it, why should 4 on a crafted part be a problem?
It is called "enhancing" for cruds sake!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so i enhanced it with bloodwood.
it deleted the HPR 3 and reset it to HPR 2!
it should have put it to HPR 5, darn it!!!

since when does enhancing with wood erase a the property and start it over from scratch?
Enhancing Armor/shields with blood wood or yew would (anything that adds HPR) will reset the property and cap it at +2 hpr.

This has actually been in effect for a while,(don't remember approximately when this was added.) Although I'm not sure if it's intended or a bug.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thats strange, cause i have an entire suit that is HPR 4 that i made from loot that i enhanced.

granted it was from a long time ago.

but ya, with loot being able to come stock at HPR 9 youd think they would fix this issue.