• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crimson Dragon at Trinsic Main Gate!

K

Keno

Just got sidelined by a Crimson Dragon at the Trinsic main gate...
Wanted to see what the Orc invasion looked like there and BOOM! My "eyes were burning"!

Do they "eat" Mares? Mine just dissappeared while fighting it and isn't anywhere around to be found!

PS: Anyone have a Greater Dragon for a reasonable price? I know Crimsons make them go wild but it is the only way I may be able to conquer the Lich in Jhelom. My Rune and Mare where dispatched pretty quickly there earlier.
Thanks

Thor VII

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can kill lich easy with an archer also ;)

i can tame a Greater dragon to you free

K

Keno

For some reason my Archer (115 real skill) had a hard time with even the lesser undead in the spawn - but I wasn't using a slayer either. I'll try again today if they are still in the Jhelom area or I can find them.
As far as the Greater Draon: Thank you very much! If you let me know when you'll be online I'll meet you wherever you may need.

K

Kiminality

For some reason my Archer (115 real skill) had a hard time with even the lesser undead in the spawn - but I wasn't using a slayer either.
Shadow fiends are as good as immune to archery damage.
I'm curious how they determine it, but that's another matter.
I spent some time training archery on a shadow fiend, actually. A training target that doesn't die is pretty awesome.

The normal undead spawn (skeletons/zombies/ghosts) haven't changed.
The cursed, and spectral armour, are fairly tough.

K

Keno

Interesting training method!
Does anyone know if a Lesser is very effective against them? If not then my archer may not make it to the yard main target anyway. (I'm an ABC so have a bonded Lesser as mount)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
probably yes if you can keep it alive... I see that pets and vortex deal a great damage againist them but not players.
Remember that: every time that it make an area damage, it will recover the lost hps.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The trick to killing those is to stand next to them. Even as a mage or archer.

If you're more than one tile away, your spells and arrows will do next to no damage, but within melee range, everything goes.

The other trick is to avoid groups of them and kill every one of them solo. If someone else is fighting one, don't go near that person either. If you do, they'll do their life draining attack and you're both in trouble.