• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Criminal cannot escape...

R

rockytriton

This is just plain lame and should be removed from Siege all together.

On the tram shards, they should at least turn it off if you steal from monsters. After I steal from a monster I can't gate? That's just stupid.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im in partial agreeance with you..

Chances are, if you are trying to recall, you have already 'escaped..'

But i think it was originally implemented for those who would steal, and recall out with a nice item. Same for trying to kill someone and getting overpowered, and trying to recall out to escape death.

As is the 2 minute cooldown if your flagged an agressor, and try to log out. Back in the day, people would run to their steps and alt+f4 and instantly dissapear.

Stealing from monsters, and not being able to recall out.. yea i think that should be changed.

G

Green Meanie

I 100% agree with the criminal and agressor timer. even though agressor needs debuged in the worst way. As far as criminal for stealing from reds or criminals. That should go. I mean realy your gonna flag me criminal for stealing from the Vile Murder Dread Lord JoE UbEr I should be rewarded.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is just plain lame and should be removed from Siege all together.

On the tram shards, they should at least turn it off if you steal from monsters. After I steal from a monster I can't gate? That's just stupid.
I agree it's stupid.

If you steal from them your a criminal but your not one if you kill them. LOL

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I 100% agree with the criminal and agressor timer. even though agressor needs debuged in the worst way. As far as criminal for stealing from reds or criminals. That should go. I mean realy your gonna flag me criminal for stealing from the Vile Murder Dread Lord JoE UbEr I should be rewarded.
Exactly, they serve their purposes, but the aggressor timer needs to be fixed. If you kill whatever it is you where fighting, you should no longer be flagged as an aggressor, and should be able to enter your house/log out.

R

rockytriton

agro timer should stay, but in siege at least, the criminal timer should be removed.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the very least, the criminal timer should be removed when stealing from monsters. I find it ridiculous that you can attack a monster and recall or gate away, but if you steal from it you have to wait before leaving.

R

RichDC

Stealing is against the law!!!

Regardless who you steal from!!!

Therefore your a criminal!!!

Crim timer stays

N

Ni-

Stealing is against the law!!!

Regardless who you steal from!!!

Therefore your a criminal!!!

Crim timer stays
So, using that logic, does that mean killing is not against the law? Oh yeah, btw, we are talking about monsters here.

It's pretty simple, if it is not against the law to kill a monster, then it should not be against the law to steal from a monster. Logically speaking, of course!

R

RichDC

Well no, logically speaking you are bringing a criminal to justice.

By stealing you are conducting in criminal behaviour...be it stealing from a monster, red or grey...its still a criminal act.

You are stealing for the greater good of???

You are killing the person/mob to rid the world of evil, you steal for personal gain thats the difference.

Justice is a virtue...theft isnt.

N

Ni-

By stealing you are conducting in criminal behaviour...be it stealing from a monster, red or grey...its still a criminal act.

You are killing the person/mob to rid the world of evil, you steal for personal gain thats the difference.

...and how many players really kill to rid the world of evil? I'm pretty confident that there aren't many. Most players kill for personal gain. I'm sure, however, that you'll refute this reality and substitute your own. (I'm sorry, that didn't mean to be a flame, I heard a similar line on Mythbusters and thought that was the funniest thing ever, and it just happaned to fit here.)

Anyway, attacking or attempting to steal from a mob it an attempt at a negative action against the mob. Thus, I feel, it should be treated equally from a logic standpoint. Personally I don't steal from mobs or players, nore do I attack players for stealing, so the final result of this discussion or any changes to the flagging issues is not influence my opinion on this matter.

R

RichDC

I didnt take it as a flame :)

I was merely saying it in kinda game lore, killing reds/greys/mobs in game is deemed as virtuous (ridding the world of evil and "meant" to be selfless) stealing is a criminal act (do it in town and you get guardwhacked...can attack reds/greys though).

The stealing from monsters is the same thing, its still stealing and as you said should be treated the same.

N

Ni-

Actually, during the Trinsic Invasion I was stealing for the greater good! During that time you couldn't enter the city and the only char I had left in the city was my rogue. The only way he could battle Jou'nar was to steal from him. That was for the greater good. Because of me, Jou'nar had less ammunition to bring damage to the City.

I would pull 9-12 FS, EV, CL scrolls from Jou'nar per attempt. With each steal I would hand them out to the surrounding combatants. Kind of to let them know they were allys as opposed to marks.

The one thing that I didn't give out, partially because I didn't realize I stole it, was Jou'nar's Valentine bag. For a while I would display the Whispering Rose from Jou'nar at my various houses. Until the one that it was in fell, thanks to a credit card lapse. Oh well, easy come, easy go!

R

RichDC

By the way im not anti-thief, im VERY pro thief.

Its one of the only skillfull templates left in existance that doesnt just rely on sheer luck.

I just think that stealing is stealing, shouldnt be different stealing from a player as stealing from a mob.

N

Ni-

agro timer should stay, but in siege at least, the criminal timer should be removed.
Siege does not need a bunch of gate hopping thieves running around...la
...but, by your definition they wouldn't be 'thieves', they'd be 'crates' as they are not stealing from players. I'm sure, however, that you'd just reword your statement to be...

Siege does not need a bunch of gate hopping crates running around...la
...which is fine.

R

RichDC

Actually if you read the opening post, hes saying on siege he wants the whole thing removed and on prodo shards at least when you steal from monsters!!

I know stupid idea isnt it, but hey, thats what he put!

R

rockytriton

you have a warped sense of morality