• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crime Doesnt Pay (Especially not for the Shard Shield Dupers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I ran across these same houses, about a half hour ago or so. I thought they were probably new enough to be the most recent houses of shard-shield duper(s).

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awesome but with 16,000 shild dupes there as to be a lot lot more,,,,anyine ekse found anything???

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow! that is great! awesome to see the developers actively removing the criminals from the game again.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will any legal action be taken ? Otherwise, it's just going to happen again in another form.
Has ANY game ever taken LEGAL action for using exploits, bugs or duping?

Don't know why you would expect UO to do something like that.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hear that this iS What happens to criminals.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Excellent work!

"Tavern keeper let's tap that special barrel of Good Old Moonglow Red. It's time me to celebrate with old friends.... be sure to give it a good dusting off first"

*stands in salute and raises a glass of good old Moonglow red*

Last edited:

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, Guess I'll provide the Weenies and Marshmallows since my houses are now one reallllly expensive bonfire. While I am sad to see them go, my Hat is off to you Dark Lady for this show of Power and I am glad to see the direction the game is taking with the new owners.

To the Future of Ultima Online, and Lots and Lots of Empty mag plots on Atlantic in my absence.
MW

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There is one on Chesapeake just SE of the Yew Fel Gate too. This was one of several houses that had recently gone GM owned, but the others I know of all appear to be back in player hands.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anybody know who owned the 10 plots on Atlantic-Fel-New Mag? I heard they were all frequented by one player.... :cool:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Anybody know who owned the 10 plots on Atlantic-Fel-New Mag? I heard they were all frequented by one player.... :cool:
maybe the guy above that replied saying they where his...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the interests of keeping the rules, and not damning any innocents by erroneous speculations, let's keep names out of the thread. If you feel you absolutely have to share them, do it in PMs please.
Ta muchly.
Further pretty pictures from other shards will be allowed :D

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haha, down with them! But actually those nice spots will now be lost forever? :( I wished they had some 365 days decay timer or something..

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha, down with them! But actually those nice spots will now be lost forever? :( I wished they had some 365 days decay timer or something..
The older ones from years back are still burning to this very day.

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can I say something controversial? I think the vet reward system is also a downside to being new on this game. It's just a huge thing that players can't catch up with. I think vets deserve something, but I wish it weren't as useful as shard shields or seed boxes ( LOVE SEEDBOXES OMGS.)

The reason I bring this up is well, didn't the dupers do something like flood the market so prices went down for new players to purchase stuff they would otherwise likely never get without the kindness of others?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I say something controversial? I think the vet reward system is also a downside to being new on this game. It's just a huge thing that players can't catch up with. I think vets deserve something, but I wish it weren't as useful as shard shields or seed boxes ( LOVE SEEDBOXES OMGS.)

The reason I bring this up is well, didn't the dupers do something like flood the market so prices went down for new players to purchase stuff they would otherwise likely never get without the kindness of others?
Gets my vote for most clueless statement ever made on this board.
Top ten list at the very least unless I am missing some really well concealed sarcasm.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

If the dupe involved shard shields, then the tokens were probably still account bound and therefore not usable by anyone but the shield owner. If they were duping tokens from the store, I would think we'd have seen a massive influx of them for sale, but to my knowledge there was no such flood of tokens for sale.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Seed boxes can be used by anyone and the tokens that were Duped/exploited were Account bound Shard shield tokens and thus not sellable.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
This thread's a joke, please lock it.
Why is it a joke? Don't you think it is a good thing to get rid of accounts that were involved in a dupe that caused shard-wide crashes? I can't imagine any honest player thinking that is okay to do to thousands of other players.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The houses were all mine in new Mag on Atlantic. The Way I Signed that last post is the confirmation for any dev reading the thread, not that it makes any difference. And yes the accounts as well are gone to confirm that they are taking action in the way you want. Promise.

Aiden O'Connor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Who really cares about 18k account bound tokens? I mean it's absolutely ridiculous that people went out of their way to dupe that many because there is no way to even use them all in a year, but seriously...what does it even matter? If anything it allowed for these dupers whom are all extremely wealthy to go to multiple shards to buy/sell which in the long run helps the economy. It in no way took away from anyone because they themselves are not profitable. Have an ATL luna vendor? Well, guess what...I bet someone used a token to come to ATL and buy your goods. Uh oh! A while ago I sold a ring to one of the convicted for 1b, and guess what they did, they came to my shard and bought it off me. Duped shield or not, it allowed our transaction to be completed, which in the long run built me suits for 8 servers.

Should they face the consequences? Yes. Are they completely stupid for duping so many? YES. Should all of you be as worked up as you are? Absolutely not.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The older ones from years back are still burning to this very day.
if you send in a request to have the old burning homes removed they will clean them up so the plot can be used.
so its not forever.

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The houses were all mine in new Mag on Atlantic. The Way I Signed that last post is the confirmation for any dev reading the thread, not that it makes any difference. And yes the accounts as well are gone to confirm that they are taking action in the way you want. Promise.
Oh well, you can start up all over again with a new credit card. Just 13 years and 364 days left to get new transfer shields

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I gotta say, "for the greater good" is not an argument I would ever have thought of.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why is it a joke? Don't you think it is a good thing to get rid of accounts that were involved in a dupe that caused shard-wide crashes? I can't imagine any honest player thinking that is okay to do to thousands of other players.
No it's a joke because some "allegedly" involved appear to be publicly yucking it up with everyone else in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.