• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

credit was declined, account inaccessible

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Called the credit card company this morning after getting an email saying my credit card on file (which has been good enough for over 16 years) had been declined! This card also is linked to other UO accounts so I need to get this resolved asap before it affects a grandfathered account. Card company said there were absolutely no declined charges and even one posted a week ago from EA cleared just fine. What's the best plan of action to get this resolved now that EA isn't in the fold? It said to use help.ea.com link and click on contact us. I couldn't find the contact us button. Should I be asking for help from Bioware or EA? I would be grateful for some clear-cut directions for this old brain. Thanks.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had this happen once, I just bought a gametime card with the credit card that didn't work... and after that I didn't have any problems with the credit card again (this was probably about a year ago).

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the suggestion, but would rather have auto renew working for this card instead of trying to buy gametime codes for many accounts. I can envision the store declining me for too many purchases.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is how I solve this:
  1. Go to www.ea.com and log into the Origin store
    • This is because it's easier to reset your password for your EA Master account here if you don't remember it.
    • Once logged in you can leave Origin, or pick up a game time card for your grandfathered account as insurance.
  2. Log into https://accounts.eamythic.com/ with the master account
    • Select your account and membership option
    • Make sure the CC is up to date, in fact it wouldn't hurt to buy a "new" subscription with the same CC.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had this exact thing happen to me last week on 2 accts. I just went in and selected the exact same card (I changed nothing since I knew the card's info was all up to date) and it worked fine again. I was able to log in instantly after closing out of acct management page. I have no clue why it happens. I use the same card on all 5 accts, yet it only declined on 2. I see no reason to go through the hassle of changing passwords, changing credit cards or getting gametime cards. Just go in and select the same card again.

T

Tazar

If your card was recently renewed, make sure that the new expiration date is in the system. That can cause issues as well.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The origin store isn't just a bane to UO. :gee: I also play the Sims, its caused me Sims headaches. Apparently any store EA touches gets turned to poo. With Origin store it fudges the Expansion/World/Stuff pack registration on Sims.com. If you register your game/expansion/World/Stuff pack you get extra pixel crack for your Sim. (FYI Sims is all about the pixel crack, lol.) You have to get a EA Customer (NO) Support person to help you. Also those $20 EA cards that are supposed to be good to use in the Orgin Store or the Sims store. Well you enter the blasted thing on the Origin then its "supposed" to also show in the Sims store. Try 48 hours before it show up in the sims store. :facepalm: EA definitely suffers from the Anti-Midas touch....everything they touch turns to Poo. We UOers aren't alone in the suffering. :grouphug:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have problems often as the Game tends to bill me from other countries instead of the US.... and my CC company then declines the bill and promptly blocks my CC. I get really irate about it and then they call me saying Fraud has been associated with my CC. I have to explain that it's OK to pay for EA Games. And get my card unblocked.... then I write a nasty gram to EA telling them that they need to not bill me from the Netherlands..... I have NEVER lived in the Netherlands and don't appreciate getting billed from there.

Eventually it does go thru as they finally figure out that I don't live in the Netherlands and rebill me from the US.

Though recently a friend has been unable to get into her account and renew an updated CC as now for some reason they unlinked one of her accounts and she can't seem to get it back... and now she can't even log into her Master Account. I had her email Bonnie I hope it gets resolved as she's extremely upset and says she's done with UO because the billing is too frustrating to deal with.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks to all for the suggestions. I did exactly as S_S had and it all worked out. The card doesn't expire for several months, but went through just fine today. Sorry to see it affecting others as well, and hopefully the payment system gets overhauled so it's easy to utilize, dependable and secure. By the way, I did finally did stumble across that CONTACT US button only to be directed to a 404 error, page doesn't exist!

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same on mine last month to two different accts. Same CC for last few yr's, all new info updated when a new card received but last month said it wasn't good. So I used a diff card & all was fine. EA needs to get their S#!t together on their (our) Acct webpages. People get way to many errors when trying to do things.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this exact thing happen to me last week on 2 accts. I just went in and selected the exact same card (I changed nothing since I knew the card's info was all up to date) and it worked fine again. I was able to log in instantly after closing out of acct management page. I have no clue why it happens. I use the same card on all 5 accts, yet it only declined on 2. I see no reason to go through the hassle of changing passwords, changing credit cards or getting gametime cards. Just go in and select the same card again.
I just had this exact thing happen to me last week and I renewed it just like you did. Actually, what you wrote is exactly what I was going to post, word for word. My other account renewed without any problems a couple days later. An email from Mythic said my card had been declined, but the bank had no record of any transaction being declined.

Katrena

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Called the credit card company this morning after getting an email saying my credit card on file (which has been good enough for over 16 years) had been declined! This card also is linked to other UO accounts so I need to get this resolved asap before it affects a grandfathered account. Card company said there were absolutely no declined charges and even one posted a week ago from EA cleared just fine. What's the best plan of action to get this resolved now that EA isn't in the fold? It said to use help.ea.com link and click on contact us. I couldn't find the contact us button. Should I be asking for help from Bioware or EA? I would be grateful for some clear-cut directions for this old brain. Thanks.
I've sometimes run into issues where UO.com gets grumpy with my credit card and declines it. I usually go purchase a gametime code from the Origin store when that happens and vice versa when the Origin Store gets grumpy with my card. I think one of the issues is for those of us with multiple accounts, it winds up looking like EA is accidentally sending multiple charges (an accusation they have legitimately been accused of before). Now if they could get their act together with the origin store and allow us to buy multiple codes in one purchase, it might solve the issue but the one time I tried it, I only received one code and lost out on the other two I bought. I never did get reimbursed for that. *grumbles*

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just happened again to me, another acct came due & the CC on file that has been on file for yr's was declined "They said", tried 2x on it & claims wrong "card owner" funny it's been my Business CC for 20 yr's & not I'm not the correct owner??? EA get your billing sh*t together, for one of these times I won't renew with another CC & just say screw it & close all 6 Accts.

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same sh*t, different day.... Welcome to the world of a company too stupid to take money.

Or

One that wants to kill games they own without being blamed for it...

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've had cards decline for no good reason, I just logged back into account management again and renewed the sub. The system is just broken and unreliable as far as I can tell. With our accounts it refused payment the second month when it went to renew the two subs. It's reliably unreliable ;)

Wenchy

Haddy G

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My credit card expired, so I deleted all the old ones. When I added my current, same number, credit card the account management refused it with this message "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one". I ignored the message and kept trying. It finally took. Why was I getting this message?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That did happen for one of my accounts too. I too just selected the card again

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
paying yur bill is a pain no matter how you dos it
guess they will neber get der poop together?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My credit card expired, so I deleted all the old ones. When I added my current, same number, credit card the account management refused it with this message "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one". I ignored the message and kept trying. It finally took. Why was I getting this message?
You were getting that message because the Origin Store's e-commerce programmers are very, very bad at their job.
There are several people here on Stratics that could fix that system in 2 days, and yet this goes on and on and on and on..........

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, this happened to me yesterday. Although, the info was for my debit card that expired last month, so i just updated it with my new debit info, and it worked.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same sh*t different account again... will you dumb sob's that operate that part of billing get your heads outta your a$$es & fix this. This IS the last time I will & reactivate an acct WITH a Valid CC you say isn't!

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after loosing all my stuff on two accounts after a prolonged absence. (years) thus not gaining any vet time.. when i came back i was sad and my collections abd everything being gone... switched to game time. both mine have now stacked gametime codes..good for over a year.

lesson learned.