• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

credit card double charged?

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw people posting about this a while ago, and now it's happened to me. my credit chard has been charged twice for my acct this month.

Did we ever end up getting a solution to this or am i going to have to sit on the phone for 4 hours trying to get through some idiotic system?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Did the charges actually go through or are they just "pending"

H

HongKongCavalier

It looks like I was doublecharged on 8/23, but then had a reverse/refund charge on 9/2. The refund wasn't prompted by me, as I wasn't even aware of a billing error. Maybe this means EA is aware and is automatically refunding?

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a charge on august 23 and another CHARGE on sept 2.
Im gonna have to try and find an EA phone number to call. i dont have much patience for phony charges on my credit card, and i'd prefer to avoid getting legal on them. maybe il call my credit card company and let them know about the UNAUTHORIZED transaction. I'd imagine they'd reverse it without too much fuss.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was charged 4 times for 3 accounts, so not sure which specific account was double billed. The extra game time hasn't shown up on any of them. I sent an email to billing/support a week ago but haven't heard anything back yet. I would rather not have to spend hours on hold over this. I think having my CC company reverse the extra charge would be a lot faster than having to deal with EA.

Pink Dragoness

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been paying my accounts with this debit card I have for over a year and now the system doesn't want my money?

I tried opening an account on the 19 and got billed the $1.00 transaction fee and it did not debit my subscription, so last night on the 20th I tried it again for the same account and another one, and got 3 more $1.00 transaction fee pending now, so thats a total of $4.00 sitting in limbo.
I do not dare to try it again.
So the company see's my card, it charges the 1.00 but will not charge the subscription fee, that does not make any sense, only to think they dont have some algorithm set right.