• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Credit card declined?

A

AngelOz

So i updated my uo account last month and was charged, but this month i got an email saying that my card was declined and my account was closed.

Its the same card that i used successfully last month that went through fine.

Any ideas why this happened?

Rosalinda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I haven't had any "card declined" emails BUT today it won't accept the card I've been using for several accounts. Either it's a problem their end, or they've changed the card requirements. Mine's a debit card, but as I say, they've been accepting it quite happily for the last few weeks.

S

soulstoner

I received the same message that'd came in shortly after midnight. Same card I'd been using for years. Card's in good standing with ample line & time. :spider: With all the hubbub I'd avoided during the migration with having only one account that migrated well on its own ... now I guess I'm on the latest hic-cup tier. If my account is irretrievable I'll be all set as I too often times realize all the real life stuff I'm not getting done whilst running around Sosaria... Seems they may be trying to intentionally lose customer though since the migration debauchery began. I'll still try the support number later tonight or tomorrow or next week. I abhor fussing with holding on phone to do things that should be unnecessary for customers to go about business as usual.

*shakes head and goes off for Six Sigma refresher class giggling*
there is a better world out there

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*wipes brow* I have same problem.

Was playing last night and when went to log back in; Account Closed!

Checked site and it won't take CC. Account was set to renewal.

Now I can't play!

:sad4:

L

Lost_One

debit card declined here too. was only holding the account open to keep the house up so i guess this is it, time to move on. one too many screw ups with accounting for my liking.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was an announcement made (in Japanese, of course) on the UO Japan site a few days ago regarding credit card issues that started around October 14th. It would be really, really nice if our community folks (Kai, Rowland---that's you guys!!!) would provide an English translation and post it on the Herald for the rest of UO's players. It's possible you might also find more information on the issue if you browse the Warhammer forums or a DAoC forum, since the EA representatives seem a tad bit less reluctant to post on those forums.

The announcement from the UO Japan site is at the link below if you would like to take a stab at translating it. I guess the good news about it is that it says people are investigating the issue.

ƒjƒ…[ƒXÚ×

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(Rough translation of the post using translator)

From around October 14, 2011, credit card or plan 行Enakatsu settings, and automatic updates is increasing with no credit card payments.

In most cases, because it is from making claims 下Rinakatta approval of transactions by credit card. However, given the circumstances of the incidence and type of card was declined, some of the various checks and restrictions are provided to prevent unauthorized use of cards "sensitized" and may have been acting We are thinking, and bio-engineers are investigating current hardware Mythic.

If you were in this situation, delete credit card information once, you may be solved by setting the credit card plan after conducting a re-registration.

However, if the situation does not improve in that way, because at the moment Orinai approval of the card to make payments on that card You also can consult the EA Customer Support. If the game time is available, you pay at the time the game is available from the Account Management site.

If there is a follow-up on this issue will be announced in the form of updating this article.

Available to our payment by credit card and we apologize for any inconvenience that much.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Used Google Translate
Announcement Pay by credit card issues 2011年10月18日 October 18, 2011

From around October 14, 2011, credit card or plan 行Enakatsu settings, and automatic updates is increasing with no credit card payments. In most cases, because it is from making claims about 下Rinakatta approval credit card transactions. However, given the circumstances of the incidence and type of card was declined, some of the various checks and restrictions are provided to prevent unauthorized use of cards "sensitized" and may have been acting We are thinking, and bio-engineers are investigating current hardware Mythic. If you were in this situation, delete credit card information once, you may be solved by setting the credit card plan after conducting a re-registration. However, if the situation does not improve in that way, because at the moment Orinai approval of the card to make payments on that card You also can consult the EA Customer Support. If the game time is available, you pay at the time the game is available from the Account Management site.

If there is a follow-up on this issue will be announced in the form of updating this article.

Available to our payment by credit card and we apologize for any inconvenience that much.

A

AngelOz

Glad i am not the only one... So what to do?

Put cc info in again and reactivate it... Only concern i have about that is the issue of double billing that occurred a while back.

Totally right about lack of communication from Mythic on this.

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It happened to 2 of my accounts on Sunday night, 1 on Monday night, 1 on Wednesday night.

All use the same card.

I contacted my card provider each time and verified that EA had not even tried to charge the card. The card provider had declined nothing.

I spent an hour on the phone to US customer support on Monday, at international call rates from Mexico where I am working at the moment, and they could replicate the problem but couldn't make it go away.

They suggested I buy game time at the game codes store and that rejected all my cards too. What a joke.

On Wednesday I remoted into a computer in the UK, where my cards are from because that's my permanent home, and was able to resubscribe the first 3 accounts using exactly the same card they'd rejected on Sunday and Monday.

The suspicion is that this is the same geocoding "excessive" security that people have been complaining about on the UO GameCodes store for years. If so, EA are shooting themselves in both feet.

We'll see how this evolves for all the others suffering similar problems.

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Richard at Customer Service! Had to answer a lot of questions, give a blood sample, eye scan, etc.. but working now!

I hope the Customer Service department gets a big bonus this year!

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to the problem I've had with my accounts since the day they cutover :/

My "solution" was buying a prepaid visa card to buy gametime codes with, makes it more expensive but almost evens back out due to no tax. Pain in the ass though.

A

AngelOz

I might try to resubscribe then with the same card, pack up my pixels, then cancel my 2 accounts. Its a shame.

Jillene

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, I have been having the same problem for the past couple of weeks, i got e-mails saying my card was declined and my accounts were closed, i have 6 accounts, I had tried to reopen them a few times and it didn`t work, I just tried again and it let me reactivate them, so maybe the problem is finally fixed, worth a try for anyone having problems.

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I updated two accouunts with the same billing information and one of them worked fine---the other did not and was closed. I tried to re-update the billing info for thaat account and get a system error message, so I called customer support. The support person I got was shocked to hear Ultima Online was still around---go figure! They attempted to update my account billing info on their end and also got an error message. They said they are in the process of changing the account management system again and that they are having all kinds of problems.

So, I have an 11 year old account that I can not log into and CS can not help me. Thay said the best they can do is have me try again in 1 hr or tomorrow. Tried again an hr later and same error.

I hope they get this resolved real soon---all these Account Management problems are begining to get the best of me. If I lose one account due to their error I may as well just cancel all my accounts!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup i posted a few days ago warning people about pre-paid cards. Seems the problem is bigger than just a few banks.

Like me call EA CS and get bumped upto Teir 3 CS with a promise of email reply before 72 hours.
4 days later you will still be waiting for said email to arrive.......again.

Why did i come back? lol

Thats what happens when they shove out a billing system designed for consoles linked thru subscription packages to the rest of the world.

:arr:

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure this is one of the reasons house decay has not been turned back on yet.

There are bound to be a few hiccups until we get the all clear. Yes it's true that it would be nice to have updates like the UO Japan site gets. I'll pass along that feedback with a link to their site. Thanks to whoever posted it and the translation!

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checked my account and everything seems to be working again:)

Hobo Sapien

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"There are bound to be a few hiccups until we get the all clear". That is pretty darn funny right there.........LMFAO

S

soulstoner

right - Thanks for the heads up Rosalinda & Willard - I was also able to log onto game a few minutes ago without having contacted customer service or attempting to reenter credit card information avec the do nothing option. Supposing the reports did some revert of the :

End of Subscription Notification

Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account screwme-nice-lol has ended for the following reason:

The credit card on file was declined

If you did not authorize this, please contact support at (650) 628-1001. Phone support hours are 10:00 am - 10:00 pm eastern time, Monday through Friday. You can find further information on account security at Support Home Page.

Thank you!

A

AngelOz

Will try again without reentering cc info. Thanks for the update.

Imho 2 months with a live new accouting system should be long enough to work out hiccups, particularly with good quality assurance testing.

A

AngelOz

Yep, back in. No issue and did not have to reenter cc info.

Good news and renews my faith. Thanks.

R

Rayze

Now watch all the times you tried to push it through come as separate charges on your card(s)

N

Nyx (Atl)

(Rough translation of the post using translator)

If you were in this situation, delete credit card information once, you may be solved by setting the credit card plan after conducting a re-registration.
Any idea where that is now? I tried this a week ago, and I could not find anywhere to delete current billing information. It only gives you the ability to add a new CC, but of course, entering that information gave me a message saying that card already existed.

I clicked on the "contact" link, which led me to a Warhammer site. I sent the email anyway, and shocker....STILL NO REPLY!

I don't play often anymore--once a week if I'm lucky. To have this issue time and time again when I do finally log on(7 accounts), it just doesn't seem worth it.

S

soulstoner

Roomie just got the same notification. So we're gonna opt for the do nothing wrt attempting to reenter cc information in anticipation it works it self out as it did for me & the few other posters above by this evening.

After viewing the many posts and heartburn over the past couple months we're not going to attempt any manual changes to the cc information on the EA site as it's not necessary for our setups.

Roomie did get CS telephone help the other evening to update his email on the EA account and that went very smooth and not excessively time consuming.

End of Subscription Notification

Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account screwme-nice-lol has ended for the following reason:

The credit card on file was declined

If you did not authorize this, please contact support at (650) 628-1001. Phone support hours are 10:00 am - 10:00 pm eastern time, Monday through Friday. You can find further information on account security at Support Home Page.

Thank you!
These notifications apparently occur come at the recurring cc cycle.

Also - not sure but the notification sent states CS hours are 10 - 10 EST M-F but the EA site claims hours are 7 days a week. Will try CS tomorrow if it doesn't shake itself out.

Also - Internet Explorer is the default browser that the UO log on page opens to go to My Account EA Mythic site. Firefox seems to not enable the Set Description button.