• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Creating Forum Signatures for In Game Gold Donations!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm low on gold in game and I don't seem to be getting any decent drops from the hunts i've been hosting; so after a bit of thought I have come up with this idea. I enjoy using photoshop to create stuff for UO so why not give it a whirl to try and sell some signatures hehe. There is no fixed price, you pay what you think the signature is worth. It can take me anywhere from 5 hours to 2 days to create a signature and if there is alot of interest then a waiting list may occur but I will get through it as fast as possible.

Will Accept donations on Europa and Atlantic!

If you are interested then you can post here, PM me or ICQ me on 136-016-357.

The details I will need from you will be:
What the text on the signature will say, The name and anything else etc.
Any pictures you wish to have on the signature.
Any theme you wish the signature to have or specific colours etc.

Provide me with as much or as little detail as you wish and I will roll with it and get creative.

Here are some examples of graphics, posters and signatures etc I've done for UO:

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

Pampa DH

Lore Master
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm interested. Hit me up pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I had been thinking about posting something along these lines as well a little while back... but was unsure if the current RoC would allow it. Interested to see if this is aight as well...

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Kyle my thread on Traders hall has been hidden and awaiting moderation within 3 minutes of posting :S So might not go well

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah.. was my thinking as well... with this being the case..

Stratics users may not use our website(s) to engage in any of the following activities:

Conduct any commercial activities on Stratics:
  • RMT or selling virtual goods for any real world currency.
  • Contracting to or hiring other users for out of game activities paid with in-game currency or items.

Personally I would not see an issue with someone creating sigs for gold or items in game.. I mean to me that is community helping community.. but I ain't one who is into the legalese end of the pool.. ya know? :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Shoot... it all comes down to the real life tax man though.. if they ain't getting their cut outta something then it's "illegal"... and they don't take UO Gold as a form of payment :D

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I would not see an issue with someone creating sigs for gold or items in game.. I mean to me that is community helping community.. but I ain't one who is into the legalese end of the pool.. ya know?
Same here. Is a donation the same thing as getting "paid" though?

Good luck @Escaflowne I think its a good idea and you got some good Photoshop skillz looking at the examples.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, well hopefully my bearishly good looks might earn me a pass :p

Or the blood, sweat and tears i put into posts on Europa forums :(
considering the treatment of the people who have contributed the most to the game and to stratics over the years, yeah good luck with that.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yup thread got deleted on traders board, so say goodbye to this one sometime soon

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol yeah I wish! They only modded trade boards thread so far, but only a matter of time before they hit this one and rares collector one. Least i got 2 customers lol so busy working right now on a sig

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
:thumbup: Grats! If I have only learned one thing in my rl business... word of mouth is always better for getting more customers than advertising is.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lol yeah I wish! They only modded trade boards thread so far, but only a matter of time before they hit this one and rares collector one.
The moderation team have been discussing whether this thread breaks a rule or not for a while, a decision has not been reached yet.

Your threads in the trade forums were not removed because of the "contracting" part of the rules since a decision hasn't been reached on it, they were removed because posting the same thread in 3-4 different forums would be considered "spam" (I'm not the one who deleted them though)

I completely agree that you have always been an awesome poster on Stratics and have never done anything wrong as far as I remember, we are more concerned about the precedent this would set than your thread itself.

If we end up deciding to allow this and other "signature for gold" offers... that would open the door to other things like "I'll build you a website for gold" and possible other unexpected transactions that the staff might not be comfortable with allowing on the site.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not my thread (obviously lol) but wanted to give a thanks to y'all for being open about what was going on behind the scenes. Definitely a complex situation...

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks very much for your response Captain :) I meant no offense to any mods or anything, I had a few drinks and was just joking around. Thank you for being transparent :) I completely understand your position and there will be no bad blood from me should the final decision go against my thread :)

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
@Captn Norrington
Can you clarify a thought that I have and maybe works out for all.:confused2:
So under the rules, he is not allowed to ``Charge´´ but that does stop then if they person decides to take a ``Donation´´, its a 2 side blade, cause you may get paid or you may not, same way as if they agreed on a set price, unless payment is taken before?
Me and my legalities, someday I am gonna be a badass lawyer!! Hehehe
I offer no harm or dont want to offend anyone or take responsability for this thread post, Its just an idea.:p
Want a solution for my friend, as Id like a banner thing too...:banana:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The moderation team has decided to allow this thread to stay, since the original post mentions donations instead of an actual price. Please make sure not to discuss how much of a donation was given or how much you'd be willing to pay for a signature etc. in this thread though.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks to you Captain and the rest of the moderation team :) Yes i do not ask for a specific price, people can have them for free if they don't have much wealth :) I personally enjoy creating stuff :)

Last edited:

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm low on gold in game and I don't seem to be getting any decent drops from the hunts i've been hosting; so after a bit of thought I have come up with this idea. I enjoy using photoshop to create stuff for UO so why not give it a whirl to try and sell some signatures hehe. There is no fixed price, you pay what you think the signature is worth. It can take me anywhere from 5 hours to 2 days to create a signature and if there is alot of interest then a waiting list may occur but I will get through it as fast as possible.

Will Accept donations on Europa and Atlantic!

If you are interested then you can post here, PM me or ICQ me on 136-016-357.

The details I will need from you will be:
What the text on the signature will say, The name and anything else etc.
Any pictures you wish to have on the signature.
Any theme you wish the signature to have or specific colours etc.

Provide me with as much or as little detail as you wish and I will roll with it and get creative.

Here are some examples of graphics, posters and signatures etc I've done for UO:

Thanks for reading :)
I prefer my signature more pretty lol ........good luck hun with your new venture xxx love always

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah your signature is very pretty Tia! :)

I've had alot of interest so far! I've completed 3 signatures who are happy with theirs and have 4 more people lined up! Here are the ones I've done so far:

The Evolution of Pampa's Signature

Final Copy

Drakes Signature

Archnights Signature

1st Draft

2nd Draft

Drakes Avatar

I enjoyed making these and I'm happy that they are happy. As you can see i'm happy to change anything you want changing until you like the result! Everybody's different! Some people like simplier signatures, some people like alot going on! I will cater to your needs!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Due to complications of stratics max size shrinking the batman signature too small i had to re create a smaller signature to avoid to problem! Here are the new ones i made up for him to choose from :) I think he has found one he is happy with :)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well ive created signatures for 7 people now who are happy with their creations :) And have 2 people left in the works.

Ive created the following signatures whilst not working on other peoples. Some of them are not tweaked to perfection but more semi final drafts. They are all up for grabs if they take anyones fancy and i will finish/tweak/change them accordingly to those who want them. If you wish to make a donation for the one you choose then it would be much appreciated.

The Golden Rose double set

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump :) I am still doing these if anyone is interested. Just finished one that turnt out amazing! Here are examples of ones ive made for people over past few months and some that didnt make the cut :)

Finleyatl copy.png
Beckablue copy2.png
Beckagrey copy.png
Mcgee2 copy.png
Bloodtooth copy.png
Arduinna copy.png
Smokelong copy.png
Treetooth2nd copy.png
Becdragonstone copy.png
Energybecka copy2.png

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Nice work, keep at it!

Not that you asked, but a friendly critique would be too go easy on the outer glow a bit. Current design trends seems to be flat or very mild gradients and no stroke/glow effects.

If you're looking for inspiration, just check some youtube videos - the amount of talent and what people can do is incredible nowadays.