• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Crafting this

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I´m currently trying to build a nice sampire plate suit for Pub 81.

To be safe with resistances I need to reforge two items with DCI5 an one resistance overcapped. Trying many options on test center. It worked with a copper runic chosing 1 name (towering / aegis) but chances were really bad to get the resistance attribute.

Chosing 2 names (towering / aegis) and (fortified) results in only dci 4.

I tried a bronze runic, and I got DCI5 but always ever this useless casting focus as well

Any suggestions would be apreciated.

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok now i did lots of testeing on tc1. And truely found the solution. Ist copper runic but with no powerful reforging. Did quite a lot of clean DCI5 and overcapped resist parts. So if anyone tries to make a similar suit this is the way

General Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi Duncan,
I'm trying to do this, but like you when I chose 2 names (towering / aegis) and (fortified) no powerful with a copper hammer I always end up with 4 DCI. Are you just selecting towering / aegis and hoping to get fortified by chance? I've been on TC1 giving it a go but cant figure it out.

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Duncan, I have myself to rework an old sampire. I planned first a woodland armor heartwood enhanced for HCI, but that mean so much to trash that I abandoned this idea. It would be nice if you could post how you worked on a plate suit.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crafting a suit is a bit complicated i could write a whole essay about optimzi g suits. So some general advice here.

First you have to know the stats you want and the noncraftable artifacts you will add to your suit. You should use an excel chart or sth like this to scratch build you suit. You also have to decide whether hci or dci is needed to reforge because this has to be done first.

Also make sure how many points in resistance you need for the whole suit to see how often you have to imbue resistance and the material you use for enhancing.

Then craft your parts. Only use the ones with 1 resistance being 0 or +1. e.g. Platemail with exactly 5 or 6 in physical resistance. This one will be imbued with resistance then to get the maximum possible resistance score.

For the next part use another type of resistance ( e.g. Fire)

In the end when your suit is done so far (maximizef resist.) you can imbue your other stats and enhance your armor with the appropriate metal type.

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are right, but each time you post your armor excel sheet, I find a nice idea, hehe....