• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting Garg Thrower armour

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the process of redoing armour suits for several characters, mainly because of the boost to material enhancement bonuses, I eventually got around to the Garg Thrower. Leaving aside the fact that the ranged weapons have been balanced and all the other patch tweaks that impact on the template, I came up against this issue.

As a wraith thrower regains mana predominantly through leeching, there is little benefit in wearing medable armour and the LMC bonus from studded or Stamina buff from plate look more attractive (PvM anyway). So Stone seems to be the Garg Studded equivalent - but can I enhance it with coloured stone to get the resist bonuses? I haven't really played around with Stone at all, not even to craft add-ons so I am lacking info here. If the answer is no, Stone armour just because totally pointless.

There are also only 4 pieces of Studded or Stone so the full benefit of the LMC bonus can't be reached. Garg necklaces and earrings can't be enhanced. Best option therefore for a wraith ranged weapon PvM toon looks to be Elf for the full 15% LMC bonus. Are Gargs just god for taming and imbuing now? Hmm...a Garg melee dexer might be ok as they have access to some seriously good weapon special combinations

Anyway...comments and advice please? Thanks in advance

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is no studded armor for gargs but stone is worth it imo. i just made a 210 stam suit for archer and thrower. the plus to throwers is you can use potions without having to switch out weapon, and there is no weight from arrows which allows you to carry the potions needed to keep you 210 stam up. for a "mid level" casual pvm ranged (180 stam / greater than 1.25 swing speed) i would go with archery for the extra imbue weight.

and yes, you can enhance stone with colored granites like valorite verite etc (not ingots)

Question for you: as this is my first thrower, if i go wraith form will mana leech on weapon stack with the mana drain effect from wraith form? i need as much mana as possible to get in ais, so going mana leech on weapon and about 14 mana regen on suit (with low int and no med mana regen on non med gear is the same as med)

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is no studded armor for gargs but stone is worth it imo. i just made a 210 stam suit for archer and thrower. the plus to throwers is you can use potions without having to switch out weapon, and there is no weight from arrows which allows you to carry the potions needed to keep you 210 stam up. for a "mid level" casual pvm ranged (180 stam / greater than 1.25 swing speed) i would go with archery for the extra imbue weight.

and yes, you can enhance stone with colored granites like valorite verite etc (not ingots)

Question for you: as this is my first thrower, if i go wraith form will mana leech on weapon stack with the mana drain effect from wraith form? i need as much mana as possible to get in ais, so going mana leech on weapon and about 14 mana regen on suit (with low int and no med mana regen on non med gear is the same as med)
The mana leech from ranged weapons is very poor - half what you get from melee weapons I believe. I would use another mod to increase damage output and hence improve the mana leech from wraith form. As far as the effect of MR goes, with 70 Int (for example)/14 MR, the mana regen rates for med vs non-med armour are 0.94 vs 1.12 points per second or effectively 1 point difference every 5 seconds. I wouldn't even bother with MR on the suit - go with HP or HR and make sure you overcap Fire and Energy by 5 to compensate for the penalties from wraith form

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for the reply, this is high, but not absolutely top pvm suit mainly for events. the character is only going to have about 10, maybe 20 base int in order to keep the other stats up. basically if i get hit without a healer, i will die if i dont throw on an invis item quick (0 dci).

So hit spells and velocity from weapons contribute to mana leech from wraith form? i didnt realize that but if so might be worth looking into. i dont think ss will fit into template, so my drain from wraith would be low. But the character will have swords too, so vampiric embrace would be usefull for when its viable to get close to target and switch to 100percent mana leech bladed staff.

basically messing around with about 95 skill points, 100 if i take chiv down to 115 (i figure the extra 40 points is worth the 15%damage bonus from consecrate weapon which would fill in the last few percentage points of the cap) if i dont use stealth cape, or dont have 15 skill on jewl, i will have less points to play with, and ideally want to find another plus 15 skill ssi jewel.

another option would be to lower some other skills, and add in 100 taming and lore, but for that i would need a healer to keep pets alive.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did reforged 4 pieces of armor to 10 stam pieces (of haste w/copper runic mallet) since you cant reforge jewlery i could only put 8 on both of those. then i have 4 on one jewel. 150 dex after agility potion with 25 ep 150, 60 stam from items got me to the 210. All pieces have stam tho, so no arties can be used for armor. i use a soul glaive, which you could reforge to 40 ssi, but im keeping it at 30 for that little extra imbue weight. the rest of my ssi comes from jewels and warden's armor.

still messing around with the ssi tho. Im thinking ill have it at 45 and use divine fury from chiv. so even if / when divine fury drops off, and my stam drops below 210 i will still have 1.5 swing speed. but if i keep potted, and keep divine fury up (part of the reason i went with stone for total of 52%lmc) i will be able to swing at 1.25. or i could go 2 10ssi jewels and 5ssi cloak, like i do on my archer, but running into a damage increase issue. I could do it right now with a 30damage 10ssi 15hit 4 stam jewel i have, but it would mean 50 damage increase on weapon which takes up alot of imbue wieght that id rather have for mana leech, and maybe stam leech.

The suit is done, but still figuring out jewels and skills. Id really like to have stealth cape, and 2 jewls with skill. (just for points to the 300 "combat point" lmc bonus not for the actual stealth) maybe eventually lower anat to 60 or 70 and put in 100 tame 100 lore and see what the damage difference is.

On archer, i did two 4 stam 10 ssi jewels, two pieces of 10stam armor, rest 8 stam.

both characters Do not use HLD, theory is that there will be at least on character at events with hld, so ill will mooch the benefit from them, or just go without it.

Last edited:

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At moment i hated it thats gladiator collar can t altered (not any other item can replace it same) in my armor build white 84 Physikal, 95 Fire, 75 Energie, 100% LRC Armor for an combinated wraith form/vampirform thrower.
Realy sux white out gladiator collar ............

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Few days ago I made a plate suit for my thrower.
75-75-71-70-74, 18 Damage Eater
25 HPI, 32 MI, 33 SI, 150 STR, 150 DEX, 150 HP, 183 Stamina, 57 Mana (with potions)
2 HPR, 4 SR, 5 MR
50 DI, 45 HCI, 30 DCI, 45 SSI (without weapon but with DF)
2 FC, 6 FCR, 45 LMC (5 LMC from plate bonus)
Night Sight

My main aim was to get 45 SSI (1.5s with 183 stamina) without weapon so I could have 50 HML, 50 HLL on a Soul Glave. I also wanted 18 eater and 2/6.
Right now I use 50 HML, 50 HLL, 50 DI, SuperSlayer. I haven't decided what fifth mod to imbue yet. I need to test do I need SSI or not.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Few days ago I made a plate suit for my thrower.
75-75-71-70-74, 18 Damage Eater
25 HPI, 32 MI, 33 SI, 150 STR, 150 DEX, 150 HP, 183 Stamina, 57 Mana (with potions)
2 HPR, 4 SR, 5 MR
50 DI, 45 HCI, 30 DCI, 45 SSI (without weapon but with DF)
2 FC, 6 FCR, 45 LMC (5 LMC from plate bonus)
Night Sight

My main aim was to get 45 SSI (1.5s with 183 stamina) without weapon so I could have 50 HML, 50 HLL on a Soul Glave. I also wanted 18 eater and 2/6.
Right now I use 50 HML, 50 HLL, 50 DI, SuperSlayer. I haven't decided what fifth mod to imbue yet. I need to test do I need SSI or not.
if you have an empty mod, might want to think about overcapping mana and using the ssi. copper hammer of the vampire, it only shows 50 but is actually 70. it stays at 50 to 30ssi. youll know when you get ones like this because they will only have mana leech mod (sometimes a very light other mod)