• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Crafting decent Samp weapon

Dking

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am currently training mule char - 120 Imbuing and 120 Blacksmithing but I am totally newbie when it comes to crafting and imbuing anything. Well tbh im fresh in uo also.

Since on my shard noone is selling any fencing weapons. I have to get it on my own.

So, I'd like to craft and imbue weapon (Leafblade) for my Sampire that would have stats (as max as possible):

DI
Scorpion Slayer
HML
HSL
Would be nice if it had SSI too.

I'd really appreciate if someone would spend few minutes and guide me through the procces of making that weapon. Thanks !

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd really appreciate if someone would spend few minutes and guide me through the procces of making that weapon. Thanks !
First thing I do is decide on what mods I want. Looks like you have done that so then head on over to the knuckleheads. imbuing calc here: http://www.knuckleheads.dk/imbuecalc.php

Choose the item that you want, jewels, armour, weapon etc and choose the mods from the drop down lists.

It will tell you the total weight of item, what resources are needed and all you need to know :)

Dking

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you.

So as far as I understand - Using runic hammers I can craft Leafblades. Those may come with Higher stats than the ones I would get by using Imbuing on normal Leafblade.
But the problem is; stats are adjusted randomly so It may take few or more runic hammers to get a nice one.

By Imbuing I can enchant every Leafblade by properties that i need, but only to some point. (weaker than some crafted)

Correct?

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh right sorry I forgot to mention that's the imbuing calc. If you have reforged an item and want to imbue you need to choose "custom" and then it lets you enter in over capped mods.

Hope this helps.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes that is correct. Reforging will let you go over the 500 cap that your limited with by imbuing. Remember you can also remain under the cap and imbue after. It all depends on the level of runic you use.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you.

So as far as I understand - Using runic hammers I can craft Leafblades. Those may come with Higher stats than the ones I would get by using Imbuing on normal Leafblade.
But the problem is; stats are adjusted randomly so It may take few or more runic hammers to get a nice one.

By Imbuing I can enchant every Leafblade by properties that i need, but only to some point. (weaker than some crafted)

Correct?
DKing, one minor technicality of note is that with what you are talking about, you probably want to craft using a normal hammer, with normal ingots as Step (1). This will give you the 40 Damage Increase and nothing else. Crafting with runics leaves way too much to the RNG.
[Optional] Step (2) is to then reforge with said runic hammer, generally aiming for one, maybe two mods. This still comes with somewhat random outcomes, but can more zone in what mods will be applied, as well as possibly producing the over-capping (reforging is generally used for one of two reasons - to over-cap (i.e. 10 LMC) or to add a mod not available in the imbuing gump (i.e. DCI to armor)).
Step (3) is to PoF up (once you have the right reforged numbers).
Step (4) is imbuing as you need and can fit (slayer, HML, HSL, etc. - imbue relic fragment stuff first, and work down from there, as those are the ingredients you will lose on failures).
[Optional] Step (5) is to enhance with special materials (most, at this point, use the $$ purchased Forged Metal of Artifacts tool for guaranteed success). I find enhancing more of a required step with armor than I do weapons, but to each his/her own...

Good luck!

Dking

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
DKing, one minor technicality of note is that with what you are talking about, you probably want to craft using a normal hammer, with normal ingots as Step (1). This will give you the 40 Damage Increase and nothing else. Crafting with runics leaves way too much to the RNG.
[Optional] Step (2) is to then reforge with said runic hammer, generally aiming for one, maybe two mods. This still comes with somewhat random outcomes, but can more zone in what mods will be applied, as well as possibly producing the over-capping (reforging is generally used for one of two reasons - to over-cap (i.e. 10 LMC) or to add a mod not available in the imbuing gump (i.e. DCI to armor)).
Step (3) is to PoF up (once you have the right reforged numbers).
Step (4) is imbuing as you need and can fit (slayer, HML, HSL, etc. - imbue relic fragment stuff first, and work down from there, as those are the ingredients you will lose on failures).
[Optional] Step (5) is to enhance with special materials (most, at this point, use the $$ purchased Forged Metal of Artifacts tool for guaranteed success). I find enhancing more of a required step with armor than I do weapons, but to each his/her own...

Good luck!

Awesome! Thank you for this sweet guide. Crafting looks much easier now :)

Last edited:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampire Weapons
  • Craft a bag of EX made ones with no mods with your smith.
  • Select those with the highest durability (if you want to try to save some POF)
  • Reforge them with a copper hammer with the Vampiric mod that can give you 100% HML and only HML (It may take you 3-4 copper hammers till you get one)
  • Powder said weapon to 255 durability
  • Determine the SSI required for you to swing at max (1.25). There are many calculators for this. Imbue to min SSI for max swing.
  • Add other mods the most important being max HSL.
Here is an example of one prior to imbuing and one completed. Note the completed one is my Unbound Ele killer. It only has 4 mods but thats all I need.

ogiaev

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, Im pretty much in the same boat as OP, and this thread has cleared up alot.

Only have one question tho. Can you make a weapon 100% poison from enhancing, imbuing or reforging?
Looking to make an awesome double axe for UEVs, just got back to UO and feel like a complete noob again :p

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Yes, you can.
You should use dull copper runics. You may burn 5-10 runics to get a weapon with 100% poison. If you get 60-90% poison you can enhance it with verirty ingots to get 100% poison.
As I heard you can reforge this reforged weapon to get other mods like 100% HML. But since chances to get 100% too small it hardly has a sense (beside you're ready to spend 200-300 dull copper runics).

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I think you cannot reforge a weapon twice like this anymore. At least it didnt work 1 month ago

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I think you can reforge a weapon if it hasn't any other mods beside DI from exceptional bonus. And elemental damage isn't counted as a mod.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Dull Copper runic does not have enough reforging intensity for 100% damage in an elemental category (or chaos). You will need to use either a copper hammer or a shadow iron hammer with powerful artifice to get 100% elemental damage. That said, you can enhance for some of the damages (such as fire by using bronze for a +40% fire, or shadow iron for +20% cold). So I use a DC hammer for 60% Fire elemental damage and get to 100% thru an enhancement.