• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Crafting an LRC Suit for Gargoyle

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Old vet here, but out of touch with anything new in the last 10 years. I've decided to make a gargoyle (6x120 Mysticism/Focus/Throwing/Tactics/Anatomy/Imbuing). And I realized I need an LRC suit.

I checked my stash from treasure hunting and I don't have any LRC items suitable for a gargoyle, so I'm happy to craft one. My crafter has the skills (tailoring and smithing), but not the knowledge. I have 20 spined runic kits, and 30 mixed runic hammers (most dull copper and shadow, but a few bronze. I sold all my copper hammers earlier).

And I realized how little I know about what I'm doing. Heck, I don't even know which armor pieces my new gargoyle will need.

I looked through the FAQ for something like "How to craft a Beginner's LRC suit for a Gargoyle" but there's nothing like that there.

Where do I begin?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Must have been a hard question. :p

Heck, I can't even finda coherent list of the available armor slots, much less what material I should use.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You have 6 slot, arms, chest, kilt, legs, neck and earrings.

The first 4 have cloth, leather and stone versions. I don't recall if there are smith items for those 4. Necklaces can be tinkered or made by a smith. The smith version is non-med. The earrings are tinkered.

As for getting LRC, the easiest way is to just imbue it, along any other mods you'd like, like mana increase, mana regen and etc.

Save the runics for when you learn about reforging. Reforging is fun but extremely frustrating too. Look at the top of this forum section for an excellent guide on reforging.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Good start, thanks. So much has changed in the 10 years since I played. Ok, so...

a) Tailor some arms, chest, kilt, and legs. Barbed leather and spined runic sewing kit?
b) Imbue after with ... ? to get LRC.
c) Tinker a necklace and earrings. There's no such thing as runic tinker kits, is there? Just use iron ingots? And then imbue with .... ?

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is an imbuing calculator that I use often: Imbuing Calculator | Knuckleheads.dk
It will let you choose which properties you want on a piece and will tell you which ingredients are needed for those properties.
There is a huge variety of ingredients now, some more expensive than others.
You will need high imbuing (100+) to get max properties on your items.
If all you want is an LRC suit with no other mods, you can put 18 LRC on each of the 6 pieces and it will take Magical Residue and Amber. You won't need high imbuing for just that.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Wow, thanks. I have a 120 imbuer from unraveling treasure hunting loot, though I've never actually imbued anything. After looking at the knucklehead site, I have a couple of follow up questions -

1 - for the 4 leather pieces, should I use barbed leather and a spines runic for the best base resists, the imbue it?

2- can I imbue more than once, is it one imbuing success per item?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Use normal leather
Reforge for mods you want but can't imbue, examples DCI, HCI. There are plenty of uses for runics here. This step is optional.
Apply Powder of Fort to get 255/255 durability
Imbue the mods you want, LRC for example
Enhance with barbed leather. You might want to use a Forged Metal of Artifacts here, as it will give 100% chance at success for the enhance. If you decide to not use the Forged Metal, there is a chance the piece will for poof.

Reforging only works on normal leather, iron, normal wood. You can not reforge barbed leather as one example.

Personally, I'd suggest you save the runic kits until you've read a bit about reforging.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thanks, I successfully made 4 leather gargish pieces last night with 18% LRC each. I used a spined runic and barbed leather, not much caring what other properties I got. Then used powder to get them to 100, then imbued with amber and residue.

I already had a nice bracelet with 20% LRC, and found a ring cheap on a vendor, so my new gargoyle is set for now.

Thanks for all the help getting started.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not related to making the suit but do imbuing and focus stack with mysticism spells, not just one or the other for more power?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I think it's either focus or imbuing, but not both. that's according to the spell descriptions at uoguude.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's what I thought, which makes me wonder why you would have both skills in your template?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you are correct, and I don't have focus. I actually have magery now, but I don't have a viable template yet. I started a separate thread on the Spell aster's forum for help with my imbuing / throwing template.

Now that I have an LRC suit I can start training, if only I knew what to train. :]