• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting a PvP weapon

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the purposes of crafting a weapon which you would use in pvp what is the best ingot type to use? i see lots of valorite...but it just separtes the damage output and i see lots of Dull copper...which type is the best for crafting an uber wep???

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Normal Iron or Dull Copper (dull adds durability). The rest just split up your damage and you have to consecrate anyway.

R

Radun

some people prefer 100physical damage, because many pvp mages have difficulty fitting high physical into their suit... dull copper also adds Lower Requirements, which may be useful depending on the strength requirements of the weapon/.,'[!?>[;}<:'|

C

Crystilastamous

If you're crafting a mage weapon I prefer valorite or verite since they give elemental damages and you don't have consecrate.

So when you whack somebody in the face with your mage wep since you're a mage and have cursed them hopefully it will do little more.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the fork i use on my mage is made from dull copper but it doesnt really matter what its made out of for my template because i dont have a weapon skill so i use a mage weapon fork just to make my dci kick into effect, not to hit people

for a dexxer weapon, i would always use dull copper ingots

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either dull copper weapons, as its durability is twice as high.
Or shadow iron, for 50% more durability and some cold damage. I actually found that cold resist is often the "neglected" resist, especially when people wear armor like Royal Leggins of Ember.

C

Corrupted Goblin

Either dull copper weapons, as its durability is twice as high.
Or shadow iron, for 50% more durability and some cold damage. I actually found that cold resist is often the "neglected" resist, especially when people wear armor like Royal Leggins of Ember.
All my weapons are made with shadow for this reason. And who doesnt like the shadow color?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always go with gold even when I'm trying for PvP weapons.

The Reasons?
1) 100% Physical damage. you really don't want or need elemental damage spread on a PvP weapon because it's hard to figure out any weakness with your enemy's armor when you are attacking with more than 1 elemental damage.
2) Lower Requirements. Kind of irrelevant since everyone has at least 80 str, but it's there nontheless.
3) If you happen to land 140% Luck, you can always sell it. There's no downside in PvP with having luck on your weapon. It doesn't do anything, but it doesn't take anything away either.

F

Fizbann

I've been using gold alot too & especially on twinkling scimitars. a one handed spell channeling mage 20% DCI 140 luck wep might be nice. the lower requirements can be nice for samurai armor & any mace needing higher str - high str items might fall into the backpack if you get cursed. other then that I like dull copper for extra durability (especially if the runic adds durability).

Z

Zoran

Ok, I have a question ok this- when hoping for HLD / Swing Speed / and a nice hit spell- does any metal have a better chance than another?
~Zoran

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope ... only way to craft a weapon with better chance of any of those is to craft a bow or bokuto (and then only SSI). Metals are way behind the game as far as the properties they give ...

A

Alrich

I've been using gold alot too & especially on twinkling scimitars. a one handed spell channeling mage 20% DCI 140 luck wep might be nice. the lower requirements can be nice for samurai armor & any mace needing higher str - high str items might fall into the backpack if you get cursed. other then that I like dull copper for extra durability (especially if the runic adds durability).
15% dci is cap for any non archery weapons (hci too)

that aside, elemental spreads aren't worth it unless you need an EE slayer weapon for ore elementals (which isnt pvp)

that aside, Dull copper can make you 400+ durability weapons, which is nice, easy to get ingots and lower requirements. Definately ingot of choice for weapons imo (unless ya want some luck then go gold)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
15% dci is cap for any non archery weapons (hci too)
Under normal circumstances this is correct - however the Twinkling Scimtar (made with a recipe) comes standard with 5% DCI, and they fixed things so that any DCI rolled with the runic will stack with what is standard on a recipe weapon. So yes, take a look around at all the mages carrying twinkling scimtars and see that they have higher than 15% DCI

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the purposes of crafting a weapon which you would use in pvp what is the best ingot type to use? i see lots of valorite...but it just separtes the damage output and i see lots of Dull copper...which type is the best for crafting an uber wep???
Dull copper is the only way to go. If you want to know for sure go to any shards Yew gate and look to see what the reds have.

Gold is not a good choice for a PvP weapon, because you automatically lose 1 mod to the luck.

P

peanutbutter

if you want to make PvP weapons, you have few choices... your best choice is to get make bows. yeah, get fletching and make comp and xbows (and the occasional short and repeating).

if you just realllllly want to melt and shape something, make diamond maces... lots and lots of diamond maces.

there. done.

GL

S

Spector_Napa

if you want to make PvP weapons, you have few choices... your best choice is to get make bows. yeah, get fletching and make comp and xbows (and the occasional short and repeating).

if you just realllllly want to melt and shape something, make diamond maces... lots and lots of diamond maces.

there. done.

GL
BOWS ARE THE SINGLE WORST ITEM YOU COULD BURN FOR PVP WEAPONS. The chances of getting the "godly" bow considering how many charges you burn to how much the kit costs(12-15MIL), is slim to none.

For blacksmithing on the other hand with as low as a bronze runic hammer(400-600k) you can burn fairly decent pvp weapons. Even more so if u actually spent the 12-15MIL on a valorite hammer.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gold is not a good choice for a PvP weapon, because you automatically lose 1 mod to the luck.
This is not correct. Gold ingots add a bonus 40 luck. Crafting with a runic, using gold, does not lose 1 property. You still get the same number of properties with any runic on every swing.

Most of the best PvPrs have balanced suits. Elemental damage spread or consecrate weapon can have little effect in pvp. I just about never used consecrate weapon with my swordsman when PvPn. Just a waste of mana.

Gold gives 100% physical damage, lower requirements and 40 luck.

Luck weapons have a decent PvM market and the weapons that don't cut it for PvP may be sold because of their luck.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Under normal circumstances this is correct - however the Twinkling Scimtar (made with a recipe) comes standard with 5% DCI, and they fixed things so that any DCI rolled with the runic will stack with what is standard on a recipe weapon. So yes, take a look around at all the mages carrying twinkling scimtars and see that they have higher than 15% DCI
Actually that would be a 6% bonus and up to DCI 21% on a Twinkling Scimitar.