• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafter Template

cynnir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings UO Crafters,

I just finished hitting some major milestones on my crafter. He is 120 BS, Tailoring, and Imbuing, 100 Armslore. I want to finish off his template and also I have another acct. with plenty of space to create one or two more crafters to be able to make anything I want.

My favorite part of this game is crafting, and my goal here is to have the ability to craft all of the items that the game has to offer. How should I finish off the template on the guy I already have and what other templates should I make to give me the ability to craft all things?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 smith
120 tailor
120 imbuing
100 arms lore
100 tinkering
100 carpentry
60 Mage (boosted to 110 with items)

That's my first crafter. Second atm is:

120 fishing
100 bow craft
100 alchemy
100 mining
100 lumberjack
100 Margery

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beeing able to craft everything with highest possible quality brings up three problems:
- carpentry needs many secondary skills for many items
- armslore gives a (small) boost to every crafted weapon and armour
- imbuing is needed for reforging
For my own sake, I gave up on 'needing' arms lore for every other skill. (In my case for alchemy/glass weapons) But I still need a soulstone for my main crafter. (Actually 2 soulstones since you need an empty one for swapping skills. But that one might be used by other chars, too.)

I am going with:
120 blacksmith
120 tailoring
120 imbuing
100 armslore
100 tinkering
100 carpentry
100 fletching
80 magery + music
One of the legendary skills is always resting on a soulstone. Music needs to be high enough that you can boost it up to 45 with items to craft music instruments. (In my case i have a +20 ring, +20 bracelet and a singing axe.)

Depending on what else you consider crafting, I additionally have a fisher with cooking, alchemy and inscription and a dexxer for ore elemental hunting with mining and lumberjacking. (Poisoning would fit better for my fisher than inscription, but since I have no other char fitting for inscription, I have to skip on poisoning.)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have magery on my crafter, just jewelry with Chivalry so he can sacred journey around.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A pentagram needs 75 magery along with carpentry to craft it. But not that you really need it often ... (Abbatoir needs magery, too, but you probably could boost magery with items high enough for that one.)
With magery boosted up to 110, it is an easy way to hunt the required reputation for the gargoyle queen to use the queens soulforge. Especially when you do it, while you have room for some meditation/focus on your crafter..

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you just need to get around rune books work well without magery. I don't really have any crafter mules well maybe my last character is my imbuer
Imbuing 120
alchemy 100
Carpentry 100
Eval Int 100
Inscription 100
Magery 100
Tinkering 100
I also have 100 cooking on a stone

most are like my miner smith
Blacksmith 120
Mining 100
Macing 100
Anatomy 100
healing 100
tactics 100
arms lore 100

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 smith
120 tailor
120 imbuing
100 arms lore
100 tinkering
100 carpentry
60 Mage 100 with items

My crafter is the same as DJAd's
Then I have every other trade skill on a Soul Stone and just do a swap out when needed.

You said you have room to make another mule. So I would go with a template like the above one.
Then throw the other trade skills cooking, fletching, alchy. ect on a 2nd guy...
You wont have fletching on your main crafter..But I find that I don't craft many bows now adays since throwing came out...