• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Crafter skills

M

Megadeth76

Hi all,
I've decided to pick up SA after leaving UO back in 98. So much has changed!

Now to my question:

I wanted to make a crafter character and currently have GM Lumberjacking and GM Carp. On this char I also have 50 Blacksmithing and 70 Mining, and 80's Arms Lore. If I GM those, that would take 500 skill points. What are the other complementary skills? Can I make any blacksmithed object with this setup or should I add some other skill in to support it? Would another character be able to imbue the things the BS creates? I also thought about adding Fletching in. - just a little confused about getting the most out of each character slot.

Thanks for any help!

K

Kallie Pigeon

Lots of things to consider. For one you want to get 120 blacksmthing if you want to be a smith. You might want to consider weapons skills if you want to mine up ore elementals and kill them for their ore. My imbuer is a seperate character from my other crafters so that is fine. Tinkering might be good so you can make your own tools. Tailors make the best armor. It really depends on what you want.

M

Megadeth76

Lots of things to consider. For one you want to get 120 blacksmthing if you want to be a smith. You might want to consider weapons skills if you want to mine up ore elementals and kill them for their ore. My imbuer is a seperate character from my other crafters so that is fine. Tinkering might be good so you can make your own tools. Tailors make the best armor. It really depends on what you want.
So other than that, there aren't really any other dependencies for blacksmithing such as needing tinkering to make lockable boxes with a carpenter?

K

Kallie Pigeon

So other than that, there aren't really any other dependencies for blacksmithing such as needing tinkering to make lockable boxes with a carpenter?
There is a whole bunch of multiple skill crafting items but they can be managed with soulstones. I really enjoy killing elelmentals for their ore so skills to kill them are important for my miner blacksmith. Lots of people like to have crafter mules who just make things but I prefer to have characters who have offensive and defensive skills too. If you make a crafting mule with music skills too then you can make most things. I have no interest in making these multiple skill items for the most part. Soulstones help make it all possible since you can stone off one skill and add another when you want to make the specific items requiring those skills

M

Megadeth76

There is a whole bunch of multiple skill crafting items but they can be managed with soulstones. I really enjoy killing elelmentals for their ore so skills to kill them are important for my miner blacksmith. Lots of people like to have crafter mules who just make things but I prefer to have characters who have offensive and defensive skills too. If you make a crafting mule with music skills too then you can make most things. I have no interest in making these multiple skill items for the most part.
Thanks for the advice.