• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Crafter(s) Templates, any suggestions ?

Mobidoy

Adventurer
Oki,

I started back UO, from scratch, brand new trial account, 3 days in, already got Stygian Abyss and, I dont want to recover my old accounts just cause I want to start from scratch and have fun....

Made an ABC archer (which is kinda cool) but now, It would be time to get back to crafting/gathering/treasure(map and mib) huntings.

But hey, lets say that my ABC is there to stay, and that i get a 7 th character token.... so, I got 6 left. Looks like a lot but, could go fast if I want at one point lets say a Sampire, A caster etc....

So here is the deal, i would like to cover all of the crafting skills/gathering, have a fisherman/t-hunter.

Should I get a tamer/t-hunter, Fisherman/gatherer (mining and lumber) and 2 crafters.

That would make already 5 of the 7 spot taken... but, would they be efficient, I mean, getting the good combo's of skills to get max efficiency, to cover everything ex: myst and imbuing.

If i need 1 more character for it, i dont mind.

Any help here please?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The nice thing about crafting is that there's only 1 complimentary skill really. So I have all the crafter skills at 120 on my main crafter guy. So he's got something like 120 smith, 120 tailor, 100 bowcraft, 100 tinker, 100 arms lore, 100 carpentry, 45 music (so I can make instruments), and the rest is 35 magery so that with jewelry I can recall around without issue.

I then have a gatherer. 100 fishing, 100 lumber, 100 mining, 100 cooking. Magery to recall 100%, sadly much of tinkering is duplicated over here for convenience. Then I use some space for swapping skills with soul stones. I have 100 alchemy on a 2nd account, but if I wanted to, that'd go on this char too. I have 100 scribe on my mage for the damage bonus (plus that's where all the mana is...) Currently, I have my 120 imbue on a Garg, but I suppose I could just swap that over to another character to turn my gargoyle into a thrower or something.

The rest of the fighting skills, you can generally get by with 1 or 2 characters for, and then swap skills around with soulstones as needed. So, maybe you have 1 humanoid and 1 gargoyle, then you can move skills around as the situation dictates.