• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] "Crafted by Seer Theta" w/ pictures

L

Lord Mercer

Found this item today on the GL shard at an IDOC tower that had obviously not been used in some time. Alot of prepatch furniture, cloth for carpet, etc. Anyway, after digging through 100's of peices of furniture and cloth to get to the bottom of the pile, I found this dagger sitting proudly, apparently at one time on display on a small table. After I found it I tried to create a character name Seer Theta, but it says that name is disallowed, so I think this is a legit item.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone would care to weigh in and confirm that it is a seer crafted item, its possible value in there eyes, and if anyone wishes to make a offer, feel free!

I apologize if the picture does not show up. If not just right click it and get the address. Thanks.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it has the right amount of damage increase, 20%. That is what all grandmaster crafted items got converted to during Age of Shadows. It is most likely an authentic seer item.

L

Lord Mercer

I googled every combination of UO, Ultima Online, and Seer Theta that I could think of and I found nothing. I even searched the entire stratics database and not a single mention.

Because of the state the house was in. It was in Felluca. We are talking nightshade stacked on top of soup bowls with black pearl for decoration. I'm just going to take a leap of faith and assume that this item was created on GL, because the house was literally out of T2A and I just don't see this house owner even playing in the past few years, let alone buying x-fers and traveling to get items.

Anyone care to put a value on this, roundabout? I think it is somewhere inbetween 5-25. Couple people have told me 10, some have told me 20, one even said 30+.

Whats your opinion?

G

Green Destiny

was it possible to create a character with the name "Seer" in it?

L

Listless

Evening all,

I'm not sure how much help I'll be. . . Seer Theta has a faint ring to it but I can't place them. I only knew a few on GL though. I know just before the seer program was canceled though GL had just picked up two new seers. It's also possible that it's from before I became active in the RP community. I don't doubt that it was seer created; you can't or at least couldn't then, create a character with seer in the name. My guess would be the seer was just visiting people and goofing around. They made the dagger and probably did something like emote throwing it at someone or maybe even offering it as a tooth pick hehe. I don't think it would be from an actual event though because they wouldn't be in seer form.

One might try going to the Tomb of Sosaria forums and asking there. Might be a chance that one of the older RP'ers that are still around remembers Theta. If you know anyone in ToM you could try picking their brain too. They've been around almost since the start and would have had a high chance of meeting any seer playing on GL.

L

Lord Mercer

This item has been sold to a private buyer. Thank you all for your interest and I look forward to future discussions.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it was as old as the Seers Events then Wouldnt it be .........
''made by'' seer theta and not ''crafted by'' ???