• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"crafted by" em stuff

Do you like crafted by stuff?

• I prefer real/yellow-tag items but like "crafted by" too

• I wish all EM items were "crafted by"

• I do not like crafted by items

• I would rather have one real/yellow tagged item per EM per month (currently we have 2 EMs)

• I would prefer no item rather than a "crafted by" item

• I don't think Events should have any items at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
simple poll to get an idea of peoples love / hate / indifference of crafted by items

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
simple poll to get an idea of peoples love / hate / indifference of crafted by items

Bueller?
Bueller? Bueller?
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Bueller? Bueller?
Bueller?

Sorry I use that quote whenever I can. Seriously though, I believe its common knowledge that Event Moderators are limited to how many "Yellow Tag" event items they can give out. I am assuming our Event Moderators create the "crafted by" for a keepsake type of item. Something players can have to remember the fun and enjoyment they experienced at the event they attended. They can put the item on display, wear it or carefully place it in a backpack, stuffed in the bottom left corner of a wooden chest, placed under 4 other Wooden chests, and behind the 9th Anniversary curtain so they can find it later on down the road and be like "I remember back when...."

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Event Moderators are limited to how many "Yellow Tag" event items they can give out. I am assuming our Event Moderators create the "crafted by" for a keepsake type of item.

its one item per EM. the 2 chessy EMs generally choose to use one item for crafted, one for yellowtag / standard. I made this poll to see if people really do prefer that, in contrast to other shards where each EM has a yellow tag item (2 drops for shards with 2 EMs, there have even been times of 3 EMs / 3 drops/yellow tag.
Theres been some talk of it lately in UO hall why chessy doesn't take advantage of 2 "real" / yellow tag keepsakes.

If you are correct and the "crafted by" stuff doesnt count as an item night, then i dont understand why the 2 EMs dont fully utilize the drop allowances, in addition to crafted by.

Personally, with the EM style of Chessy, i would prefer no items at all. This would allow the RP to flourish, while elimintating the crowds / multiboxers who only come for the chance of a drop, or EM crafted item.
Of course this also negates most the need for the special tools EMs have, as most RP can be done by normal players.

Last edited:

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
its one item per EM. the 2 chessy EMs generally choose to use one item for crafted, one for yellowtag / standard. I made this poll to see if people really do prefer that, in contrast to other shards where each EM has a yellow tag item (2 drops for shards with 2 EMs, there have even been times of 3 EMs / 3 drops/yellow tag.
Theres been some talk of it lately in UO hall why chessy doesn't take advantage of 2 "real" / yellow tag keepsakes.
If you are correct and the "crafted by" stuff doesnt count as an item night, then i dont understand why the 2 EMs dont fully utilize the drop allowances, in addition to crafted by.

Personally, with the EM style of Chessy, i would prefer no items at all. This would allow the RP to flourish, while elimintating the crowds / multiboxers who only come for the chance of a drop, or EM crafted item.
Of course this also negates most the need for the special tools EMs have, as most RP can be done by normal players.
*Digs deep into his half working brain* I believe EM Crafted Items are unlimited... Still waiting for them to make a "Crafted by Gareths Godly Hands Which Pwn The Horse Dung Outta Mesanna!"

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you don't like anything the Chesapeake EMs ever do, and it's obvious that you and several others don't, then the solution is simple: don't come to Chesapeake EM events. Problem solved.

Sooo.... because you aren't getting what you want the way you want it on a shard you don't really play except when you think there might be a pixel payday, no one on that shard should get anything? And if not to act as rares dispensers, then there really isn't a point of having event moderators on Chesapeake at all?

Wow.

I have a better idea. How about NOT penalizing Chesapeake players or restricting what WE can get or have because of the consistent misbehavior of players from other shards?

Shard bound. EVERYTHING the Chesapeake EMs ever make or give out. Forever. I think that would sufficiently deter the dreaded multiboxers and cross shard zerg swarm and allow RP on Chesapeake to flourish, like you said.

Love it.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't like anything the Chesapeake EMs ever do, and it's obvious that you and several others don't, then the solution is simple: don't come to Chesapeake EM events. Problem solved.
i like the general style of chessy, i dont like that events are often disrupted by people just there for the chance at a drop (and lets be honest chessy drops arent really all that great anyway) Also i feel they are too long but that is a personal preference. an hour for me is enough video game time for me for a night.

Thats why i suggested no drops on chessy, purely RP, i know i would enjoy smaller groups where the RP could take forefront, while also having easier player interaction with the EMs / storyline. cause ill also be honest, i enjoy RP but standing in a group watching a text wall can get a bit dull. if the groups were smaller (no one there for items) i think the events would be more enjoyable and give the EMs chances to interact with players.

This isnt about me tho or my preferences.

I realize that the EM job is a paid posistion, and that many players do like the standard items policies of other shards.

I like your idea of shardbound items for chessy, that would also be a good solution

this poll was just to get an idea of that.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Thats why i suggested no drops on chessy, purely RP, i know i would enjoy smaller groups where the RP could take forefront, while also having easier player interaction with the EMs / storyline.
If that is what you are looking for then I would strongly suggest attending the Royal Guard events on Chesapeake, that would match exactly what you are looking for since they divide into units and your prize is sash or what not with your name engraved and the rank you've earned etc.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Shard bound. EVERYTHING the Chesapeake EMs ever make or give out. ForeveR
MEEES LIKEs DIS IDERER

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Shard bound. EVERYTHING the Chesapeake EMs ever make or give out. ForeveR
MEEES LIKEs DIS IDERER
To be honest, I don't like this idea. Yes, I hate the swarms of eventers that drown out events. But I also like some event items made on other shards. My favorite easter basket is indeed one I cannot bring home to Chessie - that basket on Siege was gorgeous. I'd be all for more EM crafted items on Chessie, as there's little off-shard demand, and thus the numbers of eventers would fall off if they expected Chessie to not have EM items from events.

I disagree, though, that there's no difference from player RP events if EM's don't create items; they have far more powers than *just* that one. They can create locations that aren't based in a house, for example... (see Pike, Paws, etc.)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I understand what you are saying Brian but it seems like the majority of event item drops end up on Atlantic. Keeping them shard bound would preserve shard history and get rid of a lot of Drama. Immediately after last nights event, chat was flooded with people asking how many drops there were and then BAM they made their way to the trade forums to be sold and cross sharded. :(

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I understand what you are saying Brian but it seems like the majority of event item drops end up on Atlantic. Keeping them shard bound would preserve shard history and get rid of a lot of Drama. Immediately after last nights event, chat was flooded with people asking how many drops there were and then BAM they made their way to the trade forums to be sold and cross sharded. :(
Event drops end up on Atlantic mainly because that is where the Game Economy is and I have brought back countless items to Chesapeake. I personally like knowing how many items were dropped because I don't want to be paying 500million for a 30+ drop and if the drop is 1-10 I need to know so I don't pass up an opportunity to purchase one when only a few will ever be sold.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shard bound wouldn't fix anything, it would only hurt. Cross sharders will still go to events, and they will still get the drops to sell to people on the shard its bound to.

Also

Many times when I have purchased an event item, it has been from players who ONLY play on that shard.

Its not anyone's responsibility to decide who should or should not get drops. Everyone plays differently. Some people want to keep the drops, some people want to sell them. That fact is not for just people from off shard, but from people ON the shard as well.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shard bound wouldn't fix anything, it would only hurt. Cross sharders will still go to events, and they will still get the drops to sell to people on the shard its bound to.
This won't happen. You need to attend an auction on Chesapeake, pay attention to the buyers, and then realize that we don't have the gold you want for those items. You can't pay your bills if the home team is not willing to pay more than maybe 10 million for an item.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This won't happen. You need to attend an auction on Chesapeake, pay attention to the buyers, and then realize that we don't have the gold you want for those items.
I mean....this is my home shard. I know for a fact there are plenty of people on Chessy who have the gold for rares.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I mean....this is my home shard. I know for a fact there are plenty of people on Chessy who have the gold for rares.
And I appreciate you not taking me to the cleaners a few times when I know you could have made a huge profit on some Chessy Drops.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Then you need to tell them to come to the auction house so Brian can stop buying all of them :p
Lol, I only wish more of them came to the auction house! :D

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I do understand the sentiment. I would point out, though, for most everyone I know on chessie, there's that one EM item which they love... and most of those came from other shards. Nubby's Daemonic Crisis Vanquisher, Ivy's cat collection, etc... Shard bound would also mean we couldn't import those items. I just wish items were more plentiful, so everyone in attendance got a true keepsake; be it a 10, 15, or 20 drop, as it is, many leave feeling left out.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I do understand the sentiment. I would point out, though, for most everyone I know on chessie, there's that one EM item which they love... and most of those came from other shards. Nubby's Daemonic Crisis Vanquisher, Ivy's cat collection, etc... Shard bound would also mean we couldn't import those items. I just wish items were more plentiful, so everyone in attendance got a true keepsake; be it a 10, 15, or 20 drop, as it is, many leave feeling left out.
True, though I'd rather have fewer cats and less disrupted events. There needs to be a balance somehow. Making the items more common might work... but I imagine many would object quite strongly to that.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Aye; I've made the suggestion before, as have others, but it's not all that popular with those who've chimed in, over in UHall and the rares forum. As Gareth said (here or in another recent thread), there's a huge price difference between (10), (20), (30), and (*)... Even if they kept the occasional rarer items, I'd like to see far more be (200) - like Europa last year - or (*) [clickie/everyone drops]. For those infrequent rarer items, I'd rather some fairer system that fits the RP and spreads the 'drops' out over time, depending on your own effort, instead of always needing some boss to kill. Thus I love stealing events, or one like the creepy elf back in 2013; you actually have to do something more than just build a high end template with an expensive suit. They're also far, far harder to script!

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not both? Have a rare drop that is something unique and then have a clicky which is the UO equivalent of "I killed the orc king and all I got was this t-shirt".