• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cove L4 Question

• Thread starter Sevin0oo0
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

Sevin0oo0

Cove, level 4. When you run in, past the 3-4 Lichs, go to the first hallway, go left and click the ruined painting on the wall.

It says
You see: ruined painting
A small plaque on the bottom of the frame reads 3-4-1-5

Does this still have a function? Only thing I could find additionally involved #'s on a chair further on, of which I checked and on LS, and none had anything

L

Liquid_Ape

If you play on Chesapeake, there is another use for those numbers in an old Seer area.

S

Sevin0oo0

This was on Lake Superior. Figured it was a non cleaned up event, just thought I'd ask for lore before dismissing any ideas

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cove is a city. You're talking about Covetous.

The numbers have been there since the beginning of the game and as far as anyone can guess were part of something that was never fully programmed.

T

Trebr Drab

"The Stones" mentioned by the Black Lich, I think, were the Prophesy Stones that foretold the forming of the Order/Chaos Guards. This was an event that I mostly missed, but there were some sort of stones placed around Sosaria with riddles that had to be solved. I think the letters were jumbled, or something like that, and it was the Mage Towers ( a collective effort from all the shards' Mage Towers), who solved it all (and it was pretty complicated as I recall). The 3-4-1-5 was used to put the stones in an order, somehow, if I remember right. So that reference wasn't really part of the original intention for the numbers in Covetous, although it still could be a clue. From time to time I get an idea to check out, but as you might expect, no luck.

I've searched the internet, not just this time but many times in recent years, but I have yet to find anything about that event besides the solved riddle, linked above. My memory may be wrong about this part of it, and that's why I've searched along with other questions about "it all".

There's also been several times that EMs and player events have used those numbers. But again, those incidents don't really have anything to do with the original meaning of them.

It's almost certainly one of those things that never were finished. But I still get that ol' "what if" feeling from time to time.

I've spent a lot of time on this stuff. I love a good mystery. The only thing I can think of right now that might be related to these numbers are these "fittings" in Dungeon Hythloth (pictured below).

These were added years ago, but well after UO was released. What they are for I have no idea. There are 5 fittings, so number wise they could possibly be related. Does anyone know what these are for? A quest? Ever find anything that "works" them?

Edit. I should correct myself. There are a LOT of things that could be related to the numbers. But those fittings are the only thing that I don't know about and haven't been able to check out to some degree.

T

Trebr Drab

Just adding here, there are also 3 or 4 "Fittings" on the lowest level of Hyth. They are colored, and it seems to me that they changed colors at one point.

You can also see some fittings in the Tomb of Kings, in the passage through the secret door. These seem to be from another level, a higher one.