• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Couple unraveling questions.

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello all,

I've been working on a little tool to help people with recipe crafting and unraveling. But I've been unable to find any definite or current answers to two of the questions I have that are crucial to making it work.

1. What is the diminishing multiplier for items that have more than 5 properties?

2. What are the current bonus's to being a Gargoyle, as well as using the Queen's forge when unraveling? I'm looking for bonus percentages so I can dump them into my equations.

Thanks much in advance to anyone that can help me with these numbers!

Ax

K

Kim Li of LS

I think the case for items with 6 or more mods is:

(total intensity/# of mods) * 5

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you very much for the reply. That's the most important bit of information that I needed.

Anyone happen to know the racial and forge bonus's though?

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gargoyle + Queens forge = 50, I can't remember which is 30 and which is 20 though.

The new multiplier for if an item is imbued is .75

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gargoyle + Queens forge = 50, I can't remember which is 30 and which is 20 though.

The new multiplier for if an item is imbued is .75
Thank you Elden. Is the 50 that you mentioned in regards to property weight? Or a percentage chance to get more resources back out of the item?

What I'm asking is would that mean that a crafted item only need 450 prop weight if used at the queens forge as well as with a gargoyle character?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, the imbued item multiplier is 0.70, not 0.75 - it says so in the patch notes.

And the 50 bonus is in regard to property weight. Non-gargoyles on a normal soulforge get relics at 450 non-weighted intensity or higher. Gargoyle bonus, and the forge bonuses, can take that down as low as 400, IIRC.

I THINK that the public soulforge in the square the Royal City (where the quest givers are) has only 1/3 the bonus of the Queen's soulforge, which would mean the gargoyle bonus would be the "20" and the Queen's forge the "30", with the public soulforge being a "10" bonus if used instead of the Queen's.

Of course, this is from memory, and I'm slightly sleep-deprived at the moment.

B

Beastmaster

Actually, the imbued item multiplier is 0.70, not 0.75 - it says so in the patch notes.

And the 50 bonus is in regard to property weight. Non-gargoyles on a normal soulforge get relics at 450 non-weighted intensity or higher. Gargoyle bonus, and the forge bonuses, can take that down as low as 400, IIRC.

I THINK that the public soulforge in the square the Royal City (where the quest givers are) has only 1/3 the bonus of the Queen's soulforge, which would mean the gargoyle bonus would be the "20" and the Queen's forge the "30", with the public soulforge being a "10" bonus if used instead of the Queen's.

Of course, this is from memory, and I'm slightly sleep-deprived at the moment.
Any links to this info? Particularly that first statement?

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks again for all the info, it has helped tremendously.

Does durability play a part anymore?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any links to this info? Particularly that first statement?
Not right off, because the devs didn't restore the patch & publish notes from before the uo.com/UOHerald hardware upgrade during the summer, and the change happened last winter. Stratics was given a copy of all the patch and publish notes prior to that point to archive, but I don't think that project is ready for public use yet.

Prior to that change, they instituted a 20% penalty to imbued items, but that still allowed people to imbue stuff to 500%, enhance it, then unravel it for relics. The change to a 30% penalty (or a 0.70 modifier) removed almost all of that ability as well. If you search through all the discussions on making relic fragments, you can probably find a rough date for it, and the size of the penalty being discussed.

Note that it's possible that persons thinking it was 0.75 instead of 0.70 are confused by the fact that special materials also give a slight bonus (mostly in the .01 to .10 range) to the unravel value. In fact, the material bonus value for some woods got nerfed again after that, because some people found that they could make woodland gorgets, imbue cheaply, then enhance with bloodwood, for cheap relics, even with the 0.70 modifier.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You still can do that with bloodwood basara. And there are a few other tricks as well, but they are all too costly in resources to be profitable at producing relics.