• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Couple things I have read left me with a question.

A

anna anomalous

what ever gave anyone the impression it was ending? this system is perfect for new players.

shame has a heavy emphasis on the new player experience and players can collect the new 6 slot property items to trash to build points (since a new player would typically have nothing to trash).

it turns items into points, and points can purchase items that can be sold to other players.

another question, why end it? who cares what a bless deed costs? only the people who are hoarding them. the suits wear out eventually and need to be replaced, therefore they are a goldsink.

all sorts of benefits about keeping this system in place permanently

O

Old Man of UO

what ever gave anyone the impression it was ending? this system is perfect for new players. ...
I hope it doesn't end... this is the only way I can keep a clean house and not horde everything for the next Spring Cleanup sometime in the year 2016!

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hope it doesnt end either.. it would be a nice hit in the face of all the people that spent millions of points hording items to sell later at a jacked up price..

nice going devs :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what ever gave anyone the impression it was ending? this system is perfect for new players. ...
I hope it doesn't end... this is the only way I can keep a clean house and not horde everything for the next Spring Cleanup sometime in the year 2016!
:bowdown:

i hope it doesnt end either.. it would be a nice hit in the face of all the people that spent millions of points hording items to sell later at a jacked up price..

:bowdown:

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

More of a hit in the face to all the less intelligent people who trashed nice items from over 10 years ago.
I earned almost all my points (over 1 million) by turning in items that still spawn - the only exceptions were the ugly candle with a bow on it, a festive cactus and a couple other very minor items that no one wants.

Snow Globes, Decorative Topiaries, Busts/Statues, Bells, people are still interested in these, especially those of us who have returned after being away from the game for more than 3 years.

I do personally want the cleanup to end, so that I can go back to selling certain items at the prices I was selling them before - which were lower than what the cleanup values them at. As long as the cleanup remains, it will be extremely hard to find any of the older items such as the ones i mentioned above without them being insanely over priced due to the bogus inflated value that the cleanup system places on them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Having saved all my gifts for years from several accounts and even having saved gifts others have given me over the years wasn't at all hard for me to rack up millions of points.

O

Old Man of UO

More of a hit in the face to all the less intelligent people who trashed nice items from over 10 years ago...
I kept all the "good" stuff. It's pretty easy to get 10K-25K points an hour, more with a bit of effort. So why throw out something that you spent hours to obtain and only get 10K points for?

Still, I find it a bit greedy to want the cleaning to end just so people can profit from it.

L

lancelot99

I'm hoping it doesn't end any time soon....

still 150,000 points off my Virtuoso suit... :-(