• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Couple Questions about Current Taming Temps

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so I decided to dust off my tamer with the new expansion and these turtles and I got to thinking about templates. Heard a little about Death Ray tamers and have been a little interested in it, but I dont know the specifics on Death Ray in terms of SDI and the fact that WOD or Discordance DoT does similar damage.

I was just wanting to know what your oppinions are on top tamer templates - I am wanting to do a little of everything including Roof, which I heard Tamers excel at with a group. What would a top notch template look like and what should i go with gear wise? Should i go Luck or SDI or what

Not really interested in barding as its kinda useless against higher end targets.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Death Ray is not affected by Slayers or SDI, it's purely skill-based. Not sure if the target's resists play a part in the damage, although I suspect they do. I haven't noticed it yet - I need to do repeated tests on the same creature (say a Balron) to make sure.

For my tamer's suit, I just use imbued gear (26 MR total, 125/10/135 stats with 153 Mana. I occasionally wear the Blackthorn Lt. Sash as well), with the Blue Luck cleanup Jewels, the Luck Cleanup Talisman, a 190 Luck shield, and occasionally an unenhanced 150 Luck Bone Harvester (most of the time, I use one of the Corgul spellbook drops.) I can't really rely on luck for bosses, since my mana runs out quickly. For regular hunting/small groups, luck is fine.

You don't really need an SDI suit on a tamer. IMO, that's more suited for a char with Spellweaving, since they have Arcane Empowerment/Reaper Form. Throw Mysticism in with that and you can do a ridiculous amount of damage with a Slayer Spellbook.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heard a little about Death Ray tamers and have been a little interested in it, but I dont know the specifics on Death Ray in terms of SDI and the fact that WOD or Discordance DoT does similar damage.
Disco mastery might do similar damage if you have Provo and &Peace on your template. The strength is dependent on those skills. On my tamer I can only fit one bardic skill at a time, and by itself Disco masteries do a rather pathetic damage and IMO not worth the mana.