• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

couple of gender/polymorph questions...

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi there,
please don´t be mad if the answers to my questions are common knowledge but I find different infos about the following things:

1.)
My MALE archer seems rather useless against Semidar (only making life hard for my fellow hunters). I hit her for 20 - i get hit for 50, and she follows me. Should I use a slayer or hit a crytical I am insta killed.
Now I thought I came up with a solution. Tome of lost knowledge and jewels get me to 45 magery, enough to cast polymorph with scrolls after a couple of tries. I turn into a human female thinking she will leave me in peace but:
does not work. Result is the same as for male.
Anything I can do before I try to find a gender change token or spend zillions to buy all the 120 scrolls for my female char and vice versa?

2.)
my tamer is also male (yes, stupid me). Does the polymorph thing work at least for tamers (not dealing direct damage) ? Or does this not work either?

3.)
Can polymorphed tamers tame unicorns? I can easily find this out but since I am already writing this down :)

4.)
Does savage kin paint REALLY help against the polymorph from Barracoon?
if yes, when do i have to apply it? I did it before I went to the champ spawn and it didnt seem work for me. Do I have to apply it when in rat form for the first time?

Thank you very much...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't done Semidar for a few weeks, but it sure worked for me before. My character is male elf and polymorphed to female and she left me pretty much alone. Maybe they changed something?

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks,
they must have changed it then cause I got damaged and followed on every single hit.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. i always turn my mage into a female and it seems to work?
i do EO and FS with a demon slayer spell book and dont die.
it does suck tho cause i cant go into wraith form and polimorph at the same time.. so best to be female..

3. dont know but im thinking NOT

4. you dont even have to go that far, just bring up the polimorph menu and drag it to the side.. do it before you get changed into a rat.

V

Venus_AUPK

Wraith form make u gender neutral to Semidar so u wont take any extra damage, humans can cast it and stay in the form with 20 necro from J.O.A.T. (Wraith Form scrolls to cast).

Also..... So bara wont polymorph you, you just need to have the polymorph selection screen up u dont actually need to change into anything.

To change back from rat to human u just need to click the spell, then click it again to open the menu and u will never be a rat again :)

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wraith form make u gender neutral to Semidar so u wont take any extra damage, humans can cast it and stay in the form with 20 necro from J.O.A.T. (Wraith Form scrolls to cast).

Also..... So bara wont polymorph you, you just need to have the polymorph selection screen up u dont actually need to change into anything.

To change back from rat to human u just need to click the spell, then click it again to open the menu and u will never be a rat again :)
i didnt know wraith form was neutral cause there is a male and female wraith.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow, thanks a lot!
will give the wraith form a try. Should also work for an elf I guess with jewels or items and scroll? (if 20 is enough even insured necro arms - cant think of the name right now should do it)
Also the thing about barra and the polymorph menu sounds great, thanks a lot for this!

btw, since others don´t seem to have a problem with semidar when going into human female form I wonder if it has to do with being an elf that is turning into a human female. Maybe only works for humans.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i didnt know wraith form was neutral cause there is a male and female wraith.
they are different graphics but dryads satyrs barracoon and semidar shouldn't bother you while in wraith as far as gender concerns go, only problem with semidar of course is she is pretty damn fast so have to make sure you can teleport or something if in wraith hehe :)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Arkanos, I thought we told you about the polymorph window dragged to the side? Guess we have sometimes too many topics running at the same time during our conversations! Hehe.

Question for G.v.P., what do dryads have to do with gender? I can't think of anything.... The saytyrs I heard may undress female chars partly? (Think I once read that somewhere?)

Parnoc, are you a mage? Since if you are, maybe a minimum magery level could be decisive for female form working or not? Just guessing...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question for G.v.P., what do dryads have to do with gender? I can't think of anything.... The saytyrs I heard may undress female chars partly? (Think I once read that somewhere?)
I'm pretty sure paragon dryads will undress men and paragon satyrs will undress women. I'll have to test it some time after a night of heavy drinking ;).