• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Couple more returning player questions

• Thread starter Fin of LS
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

Fin of LS

As I may have mentioned previously, I started UO in Oct/Nov of 97, sold that account, rejoined in 2000 and went inactive in summer 2003: In short I have alot to learn about everything LOL. So a few questions:

1. Soulstones. I believe these are the vet awards ( although they may be available through the game--if so how and where) I have heard people advertising their sale. Can you sell them? For what price ( on average) and can't you just buy more at the UO ( or is it the EA ) store? ( that last is why would there be a market for them?)

2. Bless deeds. Same as above, also vet awards. Again can you sell them?

3. Another soulstone question: I believe these are used to "save" a skill and add and subtract skills as needed(I think). Can you use a soulstone on the account , to and from any toon, or just on the toon you applied it to. In other words, toon a soulstones mining, can he then give the soulstone to toon b and toon b pick up mining from the stone?

4. Methods of transferring between toons on an account. Does UO still lack a mailing system? In other words how would you move a check for 100 gold between toon a and toon b on the same account? I think the answer here is join a guild or find a friend and trust someone--but asking to be sure.

5. Finally, moving an account from one shard to another ( not SP) do you have to do it by individual toon, or does EA have a fixed fee for the entire account ( I recognize housing wont move regardless but that is not an issue right now LOL)

Let me say in closing that I have found the vast majority of the people who play UO and contribute to these boards these days both helpful and encouraging to returning players--and I thank you ( never thought I would have to go through being a newb all over again, so much to learn)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1: Soulstones can be received as a vet reward (first year reward) or as a token. Once a soulstone is claimed (redeemed token or vet reward) it is bound to that account and of no use for someone else. The tokens can be bought from EA (legacy token) or from other players. (In the past such tokens were given out for promotionals.) Additonally there are soulstones around which have limited uses: 5 charges - seasonal gift, 1 charge - craftable.

2: CLOTH bless deeds - reward from the tailor bod system, (ITEM) bless deed - very old reward from a clean up (very often duped but still very expensive), PERSONAL bless deed - old promotinal reward, can only be used by the character who got it.
All bless deeds are tradeable thought the personal ones can only be used from the original owner.

3: Yes, you can transfer skills among chars on the same account with the help of soulstones.

4:Yes. Safest way to transfer items among your chars on one account would be to build a house and place secure chests. With todays server population it shouldnt be hard to find a small to medium sized spot on any shard. If you ask nicely in the new global chat channels usually ppl will show you such a spot. (But it might be possible that you are not getting a maxxed sized plot on more populated shards this way. A smaller one to start with should be possible.)

5: You 'only' can moce single chars from one shard to another. Each character transfers with up to full inventory, full bankbox, his stabled pets, up to 5 filled pack animals. There is a total item limit of 900 for each transfer as I know.

B

Beer_Cayse

So you have some reference, I played Dec 1998 (T2A) until just after AOS. Returned a year later and have been around since then.

1. Soulstones. I believe these are the vet awards ( although they may be available through the game--if so how and where) I have heard people advertising their sale. Can you sell them? For what price ( on average) and can't you just buy more at the UO ( or is it the EA ) store? ( that last is why would there be a market for them?)
Red soulstones are 1-year Vet rewards. The EA Game Code Store has a Green SS listed as an option of the Legacy Token (US$9.99).

Sales of full soulstones (not tokens) makes the SS a deco item for anyone except the owning account. A token for a Soulstone may be sold and is not account-bound until activated.

2. Bless deeds. Same as above, also vet awards. Again can you sell them?
I have gotten Clothing Bless Deeds from doing Tailoring BODs. Not sure on other sources except as event gifts. Perhaps someone else can enlighten both of us?

3. Another soulstone question: I believe these are used to "save" a skill and add and subtract skills as needed(I think). Can you use a soulstone on the account , to and from any toon, or just on the toon you applied it to. In other words, toon a soulstones mining, can he then give the soulstone to toon b and toon b pick up mining from the stone?
Skills can be swapped between characters easily ... "a" places Mining on the stone, "b" retrieves it. There is a Soulstone FAQ in Players Corner I think. Couple caveats on SS usage ... 1. retrieving a skill from a stone sets off a 24-hour timer. That stone cannot be used for that period; 2. the character pulling the skill must have room for all of the skill points or some may get lost.

4. Methods of transferring between toons on an account. Does UO still lack a mailing system? In other words how would you move a check for 100 gold between toon a and toon b on the same account? I think the answer here is join a guild or find a friend and trust someone--but asking to be sure.
Best method is to use a house you own or are friended to as the transfer point. I have used inns in secluded towns to do this once I insure both characters are in the same room and - barring internet problems - I can mange logout/login within seconds.

5. Finally, moving an account from one shard to another ( not SP) do you have to do it by individual toon, or does EA have a fixed fee for the entire account ( I recognize housing wont move regardless but that is not an issue right now LOL)
I believe the transfers are per character and no account-level rate.

Hope this helps somewhat!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
The 24 hour timer has been turned off. Soul stones may be used "at will".

B

Beer_Cayse

Huh. I must have missed the memo. When did that happen - same time as the flag for who used it?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
It was some time ago... I remembered having some concerns on this. Once it was explained to me that you could not change templates "on the fly" I was alright with it.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh. I must have missed the memo. When did that happen - same time as the flag for who used it?
If I am right, it was a silent change made, when craftable soulstones got introduced. (It wasnt announced and first, players were wondering if its a bug or was intended. It was said, that it is intended, course you already could bypass the soulstone timer with the craftable ones or a large enough number of soulstones/fragments.)