• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Countdown 2009 - Post when you hit midnight!

I

Ifful

Happy new year from a not too distant future! My local time shows 1 minute into January 1, 2009.

How was UO for you in 2008?
Did you even log in?
Did you ever log out?

Tell us your local time in your post if you're not near the midnight chime. What year is it now where you sit?
:sleep2::D

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, sorry...I will be out with friends at midnight...not in front of the computer...la

Y

Yazman

Its 2009 now. In 2008 I quit UO for the second time, back in January. I have suddenly wanted to come back and some people here have pretty much convinced me to return, so I'm thinking about doing it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's exactly 12 hours for me.....

Sadly to say....I haven't logged into UO in...I can't even remember how long.
I've been following all the patches and publishes religeously, posting the news with the same vigor and cheer as I always do, even posting on the forums every now and then.

Real life always has a way of getting in the way at just the wrong times, and I had to let my accounts go inactive...my houses are long gone by now, along with everything that I had aquired in the 5 years I've been playing.

The luna house I had placed the day Origin went live is safely in the hands of my dear friend Corin, but everything else is gone.

I'm hoping that the New Year brings good changes for me, and for all of you, my dear Stratics friends, and to the game I love so much...

To the Devs, old and new..the ones that have gone....CatHat..Wilki...Silvani....the list is too long....to the ones that remain..Draconi, Leurocian.....Jeremy wherever you are I hope you're New Years is filled with good things.

I hope to see a baby Master or Mistress of Disaster in the New Year (Nudges Kil and Tim) To Patrick and his Wife, my your little one bring you much joy in the New Year.

Happy New Years UO.....to another great year.

Larisa

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm posting for my brother who is in Iraq. It is now 2009 there (as of 23 minutes ago).

T

Teeshy

Tell us your local time in your post if you're not near the midnight chime. What year is it now where you sit?
:sleep2::D
About an hour and a half before you posted this =)

Didnt go out and celebrate, cos I had gastro - GREAT day to get it, right? =P

I *do* get to celebrate twice though - my husband's family live in Spain, and in about an hour and a half we will be sitting in front of the webcam doing the countdown with them, and eating a grape with each chime of the clock for midnight =)

Is strange for me, cos (generally speaking) they all stay home til midnight in Spain, THEN go out and party til sometime the next day - whereas here, you're pretty much lucky if you find anyone still standing at midnight ;)

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[YOUTUBE]zxXfsI1gfZI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vrTn8IVW3DA[/YOUTUBE]

Happy New Year from Australia! 10 hours ago :p

B

Banner

Well I have 7 1/2 hrs to go and I will do the same thing I did last year. And that is go to bed around 9 tell my wife that I love her and to please do not wake me until next year :lick:.

K

Katlene

>11 hours ago lol. I was no where near a comp was out partying at mates place had a ball!!!!
Im not a big drinker so the 2 tequila shots (first timer :p) & what ever that other drink i ingested had quite the effect hehe.
Was a great night though, even some naught locals put on a fireworks show not far from where we were was great!!
Happy 2009 to everyone!

B

Blade_Thugluv

I will be to drunk to post at midnight so i am doing it now. Happy New Years From California USA!! Friends and i went to store and spent a ton on booze. Followed by going to Papa Murphy's and getting a ton of pizza's.

Its only 4:16pm right now and i have already started my drinking and Girlfriend and I are about to go start the BBQ to BBQ some stuff for dinner. We will cook the pizza's when it gets alittle later.

Happy New years UO!!!

~Blades

*passes beers and Sailor Jerry's with coke around to everyone*

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Midnight's about 5 1/2 hours away and I don't expect to be sitting at the computer when it gets here! We're going to my in-law's to eat and play cards like we do every New Year's Eve. We're also keeping our grandsons overnight, so around midnight I'm hoping hubby and I will be looking at those two little sweethearts fast asleep and maybe have ourselves a wee champagne toast.

Happy New Year's to all!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost 2am here, and I've been on the rum - it being Hogmany, it's practically an obligation ;D I would have posted earlier, but my best friend called. She's in WY now, (and I still feel like I'm missing a limb; come home woman!) so, when it gets there, all the best to you guys. As we say here Bliadha Mhath Ur ;D

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will be spending midnight here, leaving in an hour to drive over there for the festivities...

Happy New Year everyone!

S

Sweeney

Get a life.. hmm wait.. Then again once you hit 25+ 12/31 just becomes another day.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tis the bewitching Hr here on the East Coast..... Happy New Years!!!

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Er... hit a few minutes ago. Forgot to post. Sorry. :x

W

Wulf of Britain

Happy New Year from MOA Auction House of Great Lakes.

East Coast USA

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is me when it hit newyears "Happy new years east coast"

F

Flora Green

46 mins into the New Year for me. Happy Happy to everyone! :)

L

Lord Drakelord

Happy New Years. May you all have a safe one this evening and lets hope that this year is far better then the last for all of us!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
15 minutes into 2009 here in the Windy City.

Happy New Years from Chicago :)

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Happy New Year everyone. Who would have ever thought, 2009 and UO is still going strong!

S

Sorcha of Sonoma

Happy New Year from soggy Oregon (But Ducks and Beavers LIKE Soggy LOL - and both won!)

Sorcha
a proud Quacker Backer