• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Council Du Roi (Sunday 30th Nov, 8pm)

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sunday 30th of November, from 8pm BST / 9pm CET at Castle Blackthorn.

Council Du Roi

BlackthornAnnabelLibrary.jpg
"Annabel! Annabel!"

"I'm here Sire!" Annabel Lee the Royal Archivist replied, her head just visible behind a pile of old books.
King Blackthorn craned his neck, then spotted Annabel. "Ah, excellent. Annabel, have you a copy of 'Hearts and Minds'? I wish to review it."

"'Hearts and Minds', hmmm, that is a very old tome Sire. If I have it, it isn't here. But I can look for it in the archives if you like?"

"If you could, please." Blackthorn smiled at Annabel, turned and walked away.​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The bells on Heckles' hat jingled nervously as he tried to keep up with King Blackthorn. "Aren't you worried about the next Counsil Du Roi Sire?"

King Blackthorn smiled coolly. "Why would I be?"

"Somebody tried to kill you!" Heckles exclaimed, "That would be reason enough for me!"

Blackthorn slowed his pace and looked at Heckles. "Don't exaggerate Heckles, nobody tried to kill me. They gave me a vial of poison and asked me to drink it. That is quite a different matter."

"And then they prophesized The Darkness would swallow Trinsic. You are taking this way to lightly Sire!"

"Heckles, I'm looking forward to the next few meetings." Blackthorn said with excitement in his eyes. "The Elections are coming up! A little bit of Chaos in the otherwise stale machine of government! Don't ruin this for me Heckles, with your worrying."

Heckles sighed.​

OOC Note:

This is an in-character meeting with King Blackthorn and the Governors to discuss matters of the realm. Of course Citizens are welcome to attend and join the discussion.

This being the last meeting before the new elections, I would like to give some time to each of the current Governors to reflect on their term. And perhaps offer a glimpse of their plans for the future, should they be re-elected.

Finally, please remember this will be my first Council Du Roi since returning. I don't know everything that's been going on. So if the King draws a blank on a specific topic, forgive me and send an email to enlighten me afterwards ;)

PS:

The 'Hearts and Minds' book can be found in the Town Hall of Minoc. The contents aren't all that relevant (though still fun to read for the nostalgically-inclined) but the title is.

Last edited:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much for reminding us of the location of the book; I had totally forgotten about it, indeed I had forgotten we used to meet there and reading it now, what memories it recalls. Written back when events were supported by so many old friends whose name I read again with nostalgia. Particularly Lady Flame who I knew well, how sad that Deeprock Cove is now a desolate area all trace of its former splendour gone forever, nice to see the memorial to it there though. In the same manner Stonekeep is just a shadow of itself - Duke Irvyn, his son and the Militia have not been seen for a long time, Iljian is still with us tho, in Cove there is little evidence of the Baronship once so powerful there. It microcosm it shows the power of time to change so many things.

Interesting too, to note that this book was written during the somewhat short Reign of 'King' Casca obviously just before he was revealed for the villain he was.

Thank you again for jogging my memory of great times and good friends of past times.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much for reminding us of the location of the book; I had totally forgotten about it, indeed I had forgotten we used to meet there and reading it now, what memories it recalls. Written back when events were supported by so many old friends whose name I read again with nostalgia. Particularly Lady Flame who I knew well, how sad that Deeprock Cove is now a desolate area all trace of its former splendour gone forever, nice to see the memorial to it there though. In the same manner Stonekeep is just a shadow of itself - Duke Irvyn, his son and the Militia have not been seen for a long time, Iljian is still with us tho, in Cove there is little evidence of the Baronship once so powerful there. It microcosm it shows the power of time to change so many things.

Interesting too, to note that this book was written during the somewhat short Reign of 'King' Casca obviously just before he was revealed for the villain he was.

Thank you again for jogging my memory of great times and good friends of past times.
Great post Bobar thanks