• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event [Council Du Roi] 29th June @ 8pm UK / 7pm GMT

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Hiding at the back of his pantry, behind empty bowls and tattered sacks of flour, the Sultan of Nujel'm nervously tried to remind himself why this had been a good idea in the first place; upstairs, Bladderstick the once jester now-effective dictator of the city was once more in a fuming rage, attempting to destroy furniture with his Chicken-On-A-Stick, and the Sultan wanted to keep out of his way as long as possible.

Oh, it had been fun to tweak the nose of King Blackthorn certainly, and threatening to execute Koba had been simply delightful... how the populace of Britannia had howled about that! And for a while, the cream cakes and exotic pastries had come in like Bladderstick had promised once employed; but now there seemed to be no cake anywhere in the Palace, and executioners wandered the streets killing as they wished. And then Bladderstick had started going onto the mainland and pursuing anyone he thought might be dealing in his stolen book of Deadly Practical Jokes...

"Fatso! Oi Fatso! Come here, damn you!" The Sultan shook in terror; that was the name Bladderstick used for him, hardly original but still hurtful. He pulled a sack over himself and tried to look like as much like flour as possible. But it was no use, there was never any flour in the pantry these days either. *BANG cluck! BANG cluck! BANG Cluckoooooo* went the door, as the Jester hammered on it with his stick "I know you're in there, you rotund waste of regency! Come out and look at this!" There was no escape, and so making an excuse that he was, as always just looking for food, the Sultan peered out the door and then found himself pulled by his collar into the corridor...

Bladderstick was waving another book at him, one that seemed to have his name on the cover. It was, the Sultan noticed, another book of jokes. "Read this will you?!" raged Bladderstick "And tell me what you think of it, eh?!" The Sultan knew by now to be very, very careful to flatter the man, so with that in mind, he started turning the pages and pretending to laugh at what he saw within; a hard thing to do, as it was painfully unfunny, as always!

On which side does a
chicken have the most
feathers?

On the outside.

Why Couldn't The Chicken
Find Her Eggs?

Because She Mislaid Them.

What did the chicken do
when he saw a bucket of
fried chicken?

She kicked the bucket !

Why did the chick
disappoint his mother?

He wasn't what he was
cracked up to be!

Why do milking stools
only have three legs?

'Cause the cow's got the
udder

*the page has crossed
out sentences and some
small pictures of a
chicken and a fox*

A farmer and his wife
had just woken up one
morning to the crowing
of their rooster. While
still in bed, the farmer's
wife says, "Pa, you know
our neighbor Mr. Jones?"
"Yes Ma, I reckon I do,"
replied the sleepy farmer.
"Well, every morning
before he leaves the
house for work, he gives
his wife a big ol' kiss.
Why don't you ever do
that?"
The farmer sighed and
said, "Well, I reckon I
can, but I just don't
know her very well."

What happened to the
lost cattle?

Nobody's herd!

What do you call a
grumpy cow?

Moo-dy!

A soldier goes over the
hill, rounds a corner and
runs smack into the arms
of an officer. Where do
you think you're
going,son?, asks the
officer. Im sorry, Captain:
the firefight was so
heavy, I just fled. What
do you mean Captain? Im
a General! Oh! says the
soldier.I didnt realize
I had run THAT far back.

Two cannibals walk into
a bar and sit beside this
clown. The first cannib
al wacks the clown on the
head and they both start
eating the clown. Suddenly
the second cannibal looks
up and says, "Hey, do
taste something funny?"

Two Guards were required
to sit through their
King's boring speech.
After about an hour one
guard looks at the other
and says, "my butt is
falling asleep." The other
one responded and said,
"I know, I heard it snore
three times."

What is the differance
in a boyscout and the
Vesper guards ?

the boyscouts have adult
supervision!"
Some of the pages look like they'd been torn out by the Jester's teeth, but the Sultan knew better than to point that out; "Ahah-ha-ha-HAAAAA" the Sultan gave a fake laugh again, "These jokes are certainly... er..."
"BRILLIANT?" Demanded Bladderstick, "A work of comedy genius, never equalled in all of history?!"
"Er, yes?" suggested the Sultan.
"Too damn right!" roared Bladderstick, "And see there's my name on the cover, someone was passing these out at the last Council Du Roi... but do I get any royalties for these magnificent jokes?! NEVER! Not a penny! It's an outrage!" At this Bladderstick spun and smacked his chicken across a passing scullery maid; the Sultan winced, he may be dumb but he wasn't a cruel man. If only he were a bit braver he'd speak up for his staff! But...
"No woman could ever write something this funny!" snarled Bladderstick, "So who is doing it? It's not me! It must be one of the Governor's! I'll kill them, I swear!"
"Do you... do you think that's wise?" The Sultan timorously asked "They'll be exceptionally well guarded, especially if Blackthorn himself is there..."
"The King?! I could take him with 3 bells tied behind my cap!"
The Sultan nodded furiously, whilst trying to hide any sign of his inner thoughts.
"Still, I don't think this handwriting looks like the King's. We should get the person stealing your jokes first eh? "
"Yes!" Bladderstick started squeezing his chicken like a stress toy... "YES! And I shall work out how, just you wait!" At this, he stormed off again down a new corridor. When he was out of sight, the Sultan leant against the wall and breathed out. All of this for the odd iced fancy... no, it was too much. With any luck the wretched fellow would attack the Council directly and get himself killed. Or, perhaps it was time to start talking to the Royal Investigators himself; there had to be a way out of this nightmare, and back to the freedom to feast sensibly somehow!