• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could you accept a penalty for failing to keep your house organized?

Could you aceppt a penalty for failing to keep your house organized?

• YES

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • NO

Votes: 43 67.2%
  • Don`t care

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fat Midnight

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this really good idea and I am curious how many could accept a penalty for failing to keep your house clean/organized. Right now being mess just means you have a harder time finding your stuff. Having a meaningful penalty for you being a slob and unorganized would add some excitment to the game. Right now it's "Ho hum, aw shoot, <yawn>, gotta go find those ingots, <yawn>"

My idea is targeted natural disasters. Have your stuff strewn across the floor? BOOM, Skittering Hopper stampede. You don`t deserve your Luna house.

Im special and people should be forced to do it my way, because I find this game too easy, and I want it to be harder on everyone

If you vote Yes, and have an idea for a penalty that won't give anyone to severe a case of conniptions, post it here

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote "yes", because I have an organized house and will therefore not be affected by any penalties. Furthermore, I suggest penalties which cause great inconvenience to disorganized homeowners, but benefit me greatly. Such as random IDOCs. Every week (day?), some poor slob's house goes poof. The location of the IDOC is mailed beforehand to a random organized homeowner like me.

This is the best suggestion ever, and if you argue with me, it means you're a troll.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There currently is, not being able to find what you're looking for.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to vote NO !

I have 4 homes on 2 shards and I know where my stuff is and it is well organised in each of the 4 homes on 2 shards.

But alas, I also posses fish tanks full of fishes, chicken coops full of chickens and battle chickens per shard, and ummmmmmmmm lotsa parrots on both shards.

Now seriously if this were RL someone might call the board of health on me for too many chickens, too many fish tanks full of fishes and parrot droppings or some aviary flu or something when they may walk into my homes..or fish ich diseases ! Toss in barrels and barrels, of smellin fish I been catchin on two shards, with High Seas..yes some are on com. deeds and some are just thrown into their appointed barrels of like minded types of fishes, too ! BUT I KNOW WHERE EACH TYPE OF FISHES are.

Places wreak of the smell of redbellied bream, green catfishes, seabass, lobsters, crabs, Holy Mackrel and whatevers ! Oh yeh toss in fish pies !

HEY I RUN A ZOO, on 2 shards ! But, everything else is..very neat & well organised cept for all me pets of sorts ! And many of em just flew in from Delucia squakin boy are their wings tired !! We should not be penalised for loving parrots and fish tank fishes and chickens in coops ! AND I KNOW WHERE EACH NAMED CHICKENZ IS IN WHAT COOP TOO *all of em* !!

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted yes. Unlike the self-described cat lady posting above me, I have less than 400 items in my single house. All stacked neatly in a few chests.

I think the incentive for organization should be to institute natural decay. Food rots unless it is preserved somehow. Romans used honey to preserve food, for example. Leather products get dry, brittle and break apart if not kept clean and conditioned. Metal things should rust unless oil is applied regularly. Wooden things should rot unless treated and kept clean regularly. This includes furniture. Cloth stored in chests should be eaten by moths.

If your junk sits forgotten in a dank and musty old castle, it should disintegrate after a while.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I vote YES being a well organized 8 home owner. 9 if you want to include my RL home. And yes it is OCD. *grins*

I think there should be a GIANT Penalty for possessing an UGLY Borg Cube home... or not developing your plot. Beauty and appearance is everything... Huge Penalties should be given to folk who's homes are deemed an "eyesore" by the community. Can't design a decent home yourself hire a designer and decorator. I'm sure there are some available.

LMAO

N

nynyve

Have you by any chance seen the 60 minutes segment about people trying to gain Swiss Citizenship? There was a time when officials entered homes and checked for neatness--including inside chests and drawers. If you flunked the neatness test, you didn't get citizenship?

Is this what you want? Resources that could be used to improve the many facets of the game to be used to check for organization? Your housing space invaded?

People pay for their storage space with game money and real life money--what they choose do with it is their affair.

Besides who decides what is organized?

Ever seen Albert Einstein's desk?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would really only be fair to have such a penalty.

Currently there are no real penalties. When you consider the lag that is created from unorganized houses, it's really quite fair and sensible.

-Galen's player

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We need soviet era style organization police to inspect every house! Clearly disorganized houses are what are causing the death of this game!!!!!

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We need soviet era style organization police to inspect every house! Clearly disorganized houses are what are causing the death of this game!!!!!
No, even better! We need a home owners association! HOA's are far more powerful than any police on earth!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Grid and list views = instant organization.
h4x! lol

it would be sorta funny to have an infestation of rats or hoppers, as long as it was benign. like nothing that would kill you.

one of the very first tasks in Dragon Age was to kill some rats in the kitchen ;p (for the human arc).

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to vote no. If they levied punishment on the level of messiness then my account would be banned.. :drool:

Fat Midnight

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I apologize for making this thread. A little alcohol goes a long way sometimes.

Also to Tanivar... This is a public apology to you, this thread was meant to be a satirical attack on your thread.

Nobody should be discouraged from making honest suggestions so that they may be debated.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't believe anyone is against this.

Being allowed to keep a messy, lag-causing house is UO on easy mode.

Clearly all who are opposed to Fat Midnight's well-thought-out, honestly-intended, non-satirical suggestion wants UO on easy mode.

Bunch of care bears. Sheesh.

-Galen's player

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The best part about this thread is that if more people had taken part in the joke and voted yes it would have generated a serious debate about a cleanliness penalty.

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I knew there was some sort of penalty for keeping my stuff all messed up--it would probably force me to get organized! So, ya it would be a good thing.

With the EC you can find stuff pretty easy, but people that are friends to my house that use the CC and look in my chests---think I am an absolute slob, but it really is not too bad with the EC.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is a trololololo
This thread seemed fairly harmless to me. No attacks on any person, playstyle or games company and no more a silly idea than at least two others currently on the board.

I know trouble when I see it.

I have seen sillier threads...

-Galen's player

P

Pandora of Baja

I vote not. I work to make my house laggy for all to stop outside to look!!!!!

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You gotta be kidding me.

The last thing I want is to have to keep my house clean in a game.

R

RD Gumbie

I already have my mom check if mine are clean before i can go run around and spawn/pvp so i voted yes! :)

R

RavenWinterHawk

I dont say this much but what a stupid thread.

HECK I have a commerce center that the basement is cluttered by design.

Who would decide what organized is?

What items go together and don't?

Do we need the Electric Company song?

What about players that are obsessive compulsives, they need true help.

I am going to guess this thread was joke to sarcastically point out how everybody worries about others play styles and wants punishments for them.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you know how long my mess took to make? It's years in the making. I'm not cleaning it up!

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does that mean you can penalize people for gawd awful house designs that cause lag and impede movement between houses?

I get more problems from customized houses than the items in them.

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a character should also be penalized a stat loss for failing to keep a neat and orderly home. 1 percent a day until it is cleaned up. After five days any character on the account should be jailed for a day and a gm should clean it for them. The characters can then work off the cost of cleaning the house by picking trash in the cavern of the discarded.