• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could we get a TURN-IN update?

G

Could we get some info on turning in all the stuff please. You know what I am asking about. Please. Just a taste of something to come.

G

Yes. They are going to up the date of the turn-in to sometime next year.

U

uo addict

It's already in place. Didn't you notice the trash can at the bank?

G

Nah Ive hit all the turn ins. A new one should be coming.
I use the trash can. I hoping for something a bit more fun.

I

imported_Cyrah

Oh! Me too, it could be alot of fun! What do you think should be turned in and why?

I think...

Ophidian stuff, because we were told it would have a a use (with some items being more useful than others)

Marties, cursed artifacts and noncursed artifacts, to give a reason to hunt for them.

Stealables, to give a reason for to get them (baskets, paintings,bowls all that stuff)

Blackrock, because there has to be a reason someone in charge said to keep those things in the game. I sure would like to reactivate my mining account though, would if BRE's were totally gone.

Also I think items need a point system. Better ones get more points. If a dev has no time to determine points I think players could think up something fair.

It would be fun, and fun is always needed here.

Now anyone that says all the items I listed already HAD a reason for being that is true. I say give them an updated reason.

Those who say find a trash barrel need to just hush a bit and think. Trash
can turn ins are not fun. They are in fact depressing. Makes you think omg , why did I waste all my time getting this stuff.

So please a turn in that is fun! What can players do to help this happen?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh! Me too, it could be alot of fun! What do you think should be turned in and why?

I think...

Ophidian stuff, because we were told it would have a a use (with some items being more useful than others)

Marties, cursed artifacts and noncursed artifacts, to give a reason to hunt for them.

Stealables, to give a reason for to get them (baskets, paintings,bowls all that stuff)

Blackrock, because there has to be a reason someone in charge said to keep those things in the game. I sure would like to reactivate my mining account though, would if BRE's were totally gone.

Also I think items need a point system. Better ones get more points. If a dev has no time to determine points I think players could think up something fair.

It would be fun, and fun is always needed here.

Now anyone that says all the items I listed already HAD a reason for being that is true. I say give them an updated reason.

Those who say find a trash barrel need to just hush a bit and think. Trash
can turn ins are not fun. They are in fact depressing. Makes you think omg , why did I waste all my time getting this stuff.

So please a turn in that is fun! What can players do to help this happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for me its event related stuff. Turn in these items.

Blackrock. Collect the rest. End the spawning.
Rubble.
Ophidian stuff.
And use for snake skins.

With this turn in. End the events. Whats left is left.

NOW
Maybe the other stuff you are talking about is more of a CLEAN UP UO EVENT.
That be fun but not till after the above.

G

Its still active ... the turn in event...always as been...

Its a trash bin...one found outside most banks...

Its the only turn in we will be getting methinks...

U

uo addict

The original cleanup UO event was a lot of fun. But it was necessary because the number of items in the game was making the daily server backups too slow. With the reduced number of players (and improved data handling I think) this is no longer an issue. I don't think EA has an incentive to do this.

U

uo addict

Two people already made the same post. Perhaps we need a clean-up stratics event.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am so confused. What are we talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Blackrock, rubble, ophidian rations, orders, books, and snakeskins were event related. Also include power, vanq, and mystic weapons.

We had the blackrock traders which were nice.

These items, like the books of truth, should be either tossed or turned in.

We are just looking for some input from a DEV.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't forget rat invasion coins.

I'd be happy if they would just toss in a quick graphic and make them stackable.

G

Was a Turn-In ever officially anounced?
Or is it just Player Fiction ?

I fairly remember an official post about the Ophidian-things .... That there will be some kind of usage.

But i don´t know about official words on Rubble, Rat-Coins or such

G

Real event BLACKROCK TRADERS. Over.
Real event BOOKS OF TRUTH TURN IN. Over.

Real comment, Dev said something will be done with Ophidian stuff way back.

Player assumptions rubble turn in.
Player assumptoins another blackrock turn in.

However, DEVS are stating conclusion of some sort event conclusion to Magencia and things like the blackrock machine in Moonglow. But no definate statement.

I myself and speculating on a big turn in.

I

imported_Cyrah

Why do you yell at me? Lol! I was just trying to get the thread moving Sir. Or Mam.

I

imported_Lariat

<blockquote><hr>

I fairly remember an official post about the Ophidian-things .... That there will be some kind of usage.

[/ QUOTE ]
Plus, I have this:

<blockquote><hr>

Lariat (5/6/2007 12:06 PM):
Not that the devs need help, but here's an idea: The war between the ophidians and the terathans heats up again, and because of their recent war against us, the ophidians are low on rations for their troops! So in exchange for our extra ophidian rations they offer us small trinkets (minor artifact quality, nothing TOO good). And perhaps the Ophidian Orders could be used to "tame" an ophidian for a short time, much like Dryad Allure.

Draconi (5/6/2007 2:13 PM):
I have something more evil for the rations already though<blockquote><hr>

Problem is, that was nearly a year ago, Drac.
We're begging you, unleash this vile plan that's been a year in the making! Do your worst!! Please...?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Turns another bag of stuff in.....at the trash can

[/ QUOTE ]

We get it. You throw stuff away.

Can I have what your tossing then. Thanks.

P

Pothoz

What is this turn-in event you are speaking off? What do we turn in and what we get back? geesh i must be really out of date here

B

Babble

Yes, I actually wonder the same.

But we will know when someone answers I guess.

G

I am asking for an update from the devs. There is no current event.

I

imported_infiniti

I would love a artifact turn in, not for more items but for bonus's or something, anything but more artifacts...
For example a doom arti could give your char a 1000 luck for a week, or extra health, mana, etc etc.

It would certainly up the hunting in ish, legacy and mondain with people after marties if there was something worthwhile to hunt them for.

I

imported_Mister E.

the next true event will not be until the Mad Mage event slated for LATE spring. Maybe a minor between now and then, but unlikely anything turn-in related according the devs. will take place.

G

This is a quote from Jeremt just a couple days ago when asked about turnins:

<blockquote><hr>

Because I don't have an answer - it's something we keep talking about, but I don't have an ETA. I know Draconi has plans for them, but until I can tell you something useful I'm not going to take up space in the FoF with a non-answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Real event BLACKROCK TRADERS. Over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this over??

The storyline had something about not turning it over to evil and building some sort of blackrock detector. It continued spawning after the turn in event and that event destroyed Haven.

Now, I think there should be a turn in for blackrock for those that 'resisted temptation' and held on to theirs. Why? I held alot of mine for this purpose and resisted turning it over to evil.

There should be some sort of reward.

What?

Hmm..well since we got alot of aggy and up hammers last time - this time we should get verite and up. :)

Yes, spoken like a true smith.

*Lugs blackrock around*

G

Bump, and I too am curious to get some sort of update, I have far too much of this stuff across the shards.

G

ok dev team atleast take this into consideration PLEASE, if you're not going to make a turn in for these items, ATLEAST make some of them stackable! i looted an idoc with over 400 books of truth a while back and now have about 650 books, they take up a lot of space.... as does blackrock, as do ophidian orders/snake skins.... please ! i dont care how long a turn in takes but atleast do this next publish! would greatly appreciate it

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
rtlfc

I doubt we will get a dev to comment on this for a while. They seem to be very active making changes here lately. Then again it took about 500 threads about pet balls to get them looking and fixing that. I think this is like thread #347 on the subject. So only like 153 more and we may get some attention.