• Important Information About This Forum
    Questions posted in this forum are 'moderated' and only viewable by Stratics Admins and Mythic Developers. They will be be set public only when an answer to the question has been provided.
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could spellweaving scrolls be added to an NPC vendor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

XLaCeDX

I asked Messana this question today on Baja:

Could spellweaving spell scrolls be put for sale on Npcs?

She said why not inscribe them?

I didn't think of it at the time but it's a longstanding tradition, no, tradition isn't the proper word, annoyance is what it actually is, that you must have the spell ALREADY in your possession in order to be able to inscribe it.

If I already HAD one I wouldn't need to inscribe one to get one.

See the issue?

I am new to Baja (sort of) and it's tough for a new player with crappy gear to try to kill high fame monsters like swoop in hopes of getting some of the spellweaving spells needed to fill their book so they can finish raising their spellweaving skill past 29.

Yes I have searched player vendors more than once and actually found about 4 spells that I needed on Ice Island of all places.

I'm sure it's just as tough on any low population shard to find something as simple as a spellweaving scroll for sale on a player vendor. Not much money to be made selling low end crap.

Seems I just read that ML was released in March 2005, 5 years ago now, and was recently enabled for free on all non Ml accounts, so isn't it about time to add the spellweaving scrolls to an npc so we can buy them?

Make them expensive, I have a mill I got in an idoc to spend.

Blizzard understands that it pays to make it easier for new players, they make WoW's newbie quests easier with each new expansion, so it won't take as long for a new player to catch up to the vet players.

No, I didn't request that a player sell me one and no I'm not shy about making myself heard ingame. I have my reasons for trying to keep a low profile FOR NOW.

I guess you could call it my style of roleplaying (I don't roleplay)...

I've been playing UO for 7 years and trying to get these spellweaving scrolls without attracting attention is making me want to just give up on my secret Baja mission.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.