• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could someone give a reason why...

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the EC runs like crap on my gaming system? Is it a compatibility thing? Overkill? The EC on my laptop runs circles (literally) around the EC on my gaming system. No issues with any other games I've played on the gaming system. Specs below

Gaming system
Asus P6X58D Premium
Intel i7 950
Sapphire Radeon HD 5970
Mushkin DDR3 6 Gig RAM
WD Caviar Black 1tb
OCZ Gold 850
Dell Ultrasharp 3008WFP
Windows 7 64bit
Nothing else running in the background

Laptop
Lenovo T410
Intel i5 2.5ghz
8 Gig RAM
SSD drive
NVIDIA 3100
Windows 7 64bit
All kinds of crap running on the background

I've run full screen, windowed with the window bars removed, I've reduced resolution from the native 2560x1600. I can start the client fresh on each system and on the gaming system when i run it's very choppy, the laptop virtually no chop at all.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weird, that's a pretty nice system. Great specs.

I run an 3.0 Ghz AMD CPU with a Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 w/ 2GB and Caviar Black 1.5tB.

It runs the EC great. Similar if not better than the Classic client.

That is a big huge monitor though, what resolution did you reduce down to?

Wish I could be more help.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's really frustrating. I've tried 1440x900 to match my laptop resolution. The other game i've run on there was the mortal online beta and I didn't have choppiness at all. What settings are you running in the client for graphics?

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so I backed up the user data folder, then deleted it. Ran the client and the choppy lag was gone. I copied usersettings back and again the lag was still gone. I copied my character information file to get all my hotbars back and boom lag was back as before. I go back to the default UI from Pinco's and the lag is gone again. What gives? Do I need to rebuild all my hotbars?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
read the FAQ in my site, you can regenerate your character's profiles without remake all of them manually...

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried that and no good. The best way I can describe it is that the screen scrolling is not smooth, it jumps as you run. The only way I can make it go away is deleting my character file or selecting the default UI. It's much more noticable and worse in a crowded area like Luna.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried that and no good. The best way I can describe it is that the screen scrolling is not smooth, it jumps as you run. The only way I can make it go away is deleting my character file or selecting the default UI. It's much more noticable and worse in a crowded area like Luna.
turn off the mobile bar and the "you see" messages then