• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could it be? Check it out.

R

Rosebush3333

We're all feeling a little cheated on by EA, could this be the face of the other woman/man? http://www.simscarnival.com It is currently in Beta, looks like sims2 graphics and is hauntingly reminescent of what we were promised for EALand.

G

The fact that EA has anything to do with it prevents my conscience from participating.

G

its a legit page:

From who is on tucows.com
<blockquote><hr>

Registrant:
ELECTRONIC ARTS
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
REDWOOD CITY, CA 94065
US

Domain name: SIMSCARNIVAL.COM

Administrative Contact:
ARTS, ELECTRONIC [email protected]
REDWOOD CITY, CA 94065
US
+1.6506281500 Fax: +1.6506281331

Technical Contact:
ARTS, ELECTRONIC [email protected]
REDWOOD CITY, CA 94065
US
+1.6506281500 Fax: +1.6506281331

Registration Service Provider:
DBMS VeriSign, [email protected]
800-579-2848 x4
Please contact DBMS VeriSign for domain updates, DNS/Nameserver
changes, and general domain support questions.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 10-Dec-2007.
Record expires on 12-Feb-2009.
Record created on 12-Feb-2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

The fact that EA has anything to do with it prevents my conscience from participating.

[/ QUOTE ]

GOOD and AJ Free Game!!!!

G

why didnt they just invite us to play there instead of all this?

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

TTL....

What?!?! This is nuts. Making all the TSO peeps suffer!? THIS is why they wanted the Sims name off EA Land. Had a feeling there was something more to it.

Edit: there seems to be a 10 day free trial through shockwave. Oh, and I think maybe they didnt invite former players to the Beta b/c they would be biased to TSO. That would taint opinions of this new game. (???)

G

This was announced awhile ago.

I am in the beta for it. It is more like "Pogo-like with user created content" than like TSO.
Here is a link to the thread I started in How's Life - from what I can tell, the closed beta has a very open-door policy:

link

I

imported_CherryBomb

hmmmm. hmmmm, and double hmmmmm. This one slipped in under my radar somehow. I applied for the test, but I will be nervously checking my mail for a letter-bomb from EA instead of an invite.

CherryBomb

V

VitArm

Ummmmm, first of all it's an offline game.

And second of all, it's a game where you get to play mini arcade games. I've seen it on the shelves on best buy.

Where in the world did you get the idea this was going to be another TSO?

lol..

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I am currently on EA strike lol, and I know it sounds dumb, but when I put my mind to something I usually follow through. EA left a bad taste in my mouth, not because our game closed, but because of the way they handled it.

I have realized it’s not the dev’s faults, it’s not the player’s faults, it’s EA’s fault. To continue being a loyal customer is out of the question for me at this time in my life.

I see EA now and I’m automatically turned off. I don’t care how much I’ve loved The Sims offline, and The Sims online, I do not want to be subjected to the level of customer service this company has.

There is no replacement for TSO/EAL in my eyes.

R

Rosebush3333

does THIS say offline to you? What is The Sims Carnival™?
The Sims Carnival is a new online community and gaming experience from The Sims that makes game creation and sharing more accessible and fun than ever before.

or maybe it is this part that gets you all confused.... Compete against other players and earn bragging rights by achieving high scores (now unless you are gonna come to my livingroom and play games with me, it's gonna have to be ONLINE)

I can see how you got so confused! You didn't bother to check it out. So you knew nothing of what you were even talking about.

R

Rosebush3333

and who said it was going to be another TSO? It isn't, nothing will be another TSO.

V

VitArm

Well, if you read the last line of YOUR post sweetie, it says 'This might be what we were promise for EALand'. So, in another words, you werehoping it to be another TSO.

And, when this game was announced, it said it was offline. And I did check the site out when I opended this post. Please don't assume

I

imported_Armonia

Ok I registered for this. I am really upset if this was what they were working on and are closing this. I will see if I get selected and keep you all posted.

R

Rosebush3333

I don't see how you could interpret my hopes and dreams for it being a new TSO from that statement. EA Land wasn't even TSO anymore. I do remember a short while back about being told that EALand would be a portal to other games. SimsCarnival seems to be a bunch of 'other games'. It was that respect to which I was referring, the portal.

And if you did check out the site when you 'openeded the post' then you must not have read it or you would have seen it is planned for online. I was assuming, but to your benefit that you hadn't read it, not that you had but didn't understand it.

-Sweetie

G

As far as I am concerned, The Sims Carnival is a site that host all of Community-Made games, it said you might need coding and other experiences in order to be a beta-test or something like that. I am not, so I don't really care.

G

The application stated that no experience was needed at all for this game.. none.

G

I mentioned the same thing yesterday, they should of invited TSO to try it.

G

I signed up for this like last week and was approved to be a beta tester...or developer..whatever they called it. I tried it one time and it was so cheesy I haven't logged back in since.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

I signed up for this like last week and was approved to be a beta tester...or developer..whatever they called it. I tried it one time and it was so cheesy I haven't logged back in since.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, I agree. I tried this about a month ago and it's stupid. I can't even explain how stupid it is. Try it and you'll understand.