• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could I go into vampire form with 0 necromancy?

M

mookin1

My build doesn't have room for necromancy, could I get to 40 real skill, get the other +60 from items, and then go into vampire form, take of the items, dump the necromancy skill, and i'd still be in vampire form with absolutely noway to remove it without getting the 100 skill back? I would be able to have all the advantages of vampire form even though I have no necromancy?

G

<blockquote><hr>

My build doesn't have room for necromancy, could I get to 40 real skill, get the other +60 from items, and then go into vampire form, take of the items, dump the necromancy skill, and i'd still be in vampire form with absolutely noway to remove it without getting the 100 skill back? I would be able to have all the advantages of vampire form even though I have no necromancy?

[/ QUOTE ]

you would, but as someone pointed out, if you die, yould have no necromancy to get back into vamp form.

I

imported_Maleachi

I actually do this on my archer, only PvM of course since it would be too much of a hassle in PvP.

I have 50 necro and use
-Ossian grimoire
-Midnight bracers
-20 necro jewelery
to get into vamp form, and then just take it all off and use my normal suit.

In theory you could go with less necro even if you use +30 instead of +20, ossian grimoire, midnight bracers, the necro talisman (bloodwood spirit) and the Mark of Travesty (+10 necro).

Which means you only need 25 necro...
But if you tend to die a lot it can be pretty annoying :/

K

Kith Kanan

well ofc it cost in insurence , but hey I just carry the items need'd to go vamp , setup macro to equip em , cast , change back , no big deal imho....

D

Dem0nic

<blockquote><hr>

well ofc it cost in insurence , but hey I just carry the items need'd to go vamp , setup macro to equip em , cast , change back , no big deal imho....

[/ QUOTE ]

All you need is 34 necro and the right items and you can get into vamp form. Then just take the items off when done.

D

dorkuberalles

if you have a bunch of soulstone or frags, if you train necro to 100, you can swap the skill in and out as needed. of course if you're going to die a lot, you'll need more stones.

items can in some instances get you there, or really close.

ring +15
bracelet +15
midnight bracers +20
grimore +10
bloodwood +5
fishing pole +15
mark of travesty +10

that's 90 skill points right there, with just 9 real points to invest to cast vamp form.

there's event items that can get you there fully too. though almost all of those floating around are not legitimate.

I

imported_xStrikerx

FYI, grimore and fishing pole take the same slot, so you can only get 80 necro from those items.

I

imported_xStrikerx

FYI, grimore and fishing pole take the same slot, so you can only get 80 necro from those items.

D

dorkuberalles

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought fishing poles were treated as shields, is there a glitch to equip both? i've seen some characters equipping both, which makes it look like they are holding both in the same hand.

there's a rare dragon chest that has +20 necromancy somewhere out there too.

D

dorkuberalles

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought fishing poles were treated as shields, is there a glitch to equip both? i've seen some characters equipping both, which makes it look like they are holding both in the same hand.

I

imported_xStrikerx

I think there is an exploit to hold 2 items in 1 hand, I've seen some vendors wielding 2 different weapons at once.

I

imported_xStrikerx

I think there is an exploit to hold 2 items in 1 hand, I've seen some vendors wielding 2 different weapons at once.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A dragon chest? So technically, with the chest +20 and a fishing pole +15, then we wouldn't even need any necromancy. ***drools***

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the dragon chest would be nice, except it is called "Ithilisis' Breast Plate", has 3MR, 20 Necro, and well over 80 resists. Oh, and it's unique. I doubt someone could buy it for 2 billion gold.