• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CorwinXX's Warrior's Guide for New and Returning Players

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Looks like a good start. I am working on specific guides for a few templates, but a general update is in order.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
2011? The guide was written in Aug-Dec 2013. I believe that all information is up-to-date.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Without reading it again, my guess would be that the equipment advice section could use some updates to represent the fact that getting useful 10SSI jewelry is about 100000% easier today than it was for the last years. For me, making my next suit, with potentially 50 ssi, (10 ring, 10 brac, 10 shield, 5 town, 15 DF) really lets me rethink things.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
They have increased the properties appearing on items and the intensities... for example you used to only be able to get rings with up to 12 sdi, you didn't used to be able to get metal non recipe weapons with hp regen... what I'm asking is in light of those increases, did they increase any of the caps on what you can equip? Is it possible for example to equip 30 hp increase (& have it work I mean), or more than 18 hp regen?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You still can't have more than 150 str/int/dex, or 150 HP. I think that nothing has changed for hpr/sr/mr either.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The devs did add the Scroll of Valiant Commendation. When used after you have a 255 skill cap, it will boost you to 260. However, you still are limited to 125 max in base stats.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The links are all broken from the other day when the staff were "fixing" the website. Not just the links above but any old ones. Lots of broken links and bookmarks now.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So it isn't just me trying to get to these links and not succeeding? Thanks for letting me know. I was going crazy checking my computer thinking something was wrong with it.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
@CorwinXX,

The links in the first post all lead to ERROR pages with no content.
What happened? Is the guide obsolete now? Or maybe something else?

Edit: seems like I couldn't access from my PC, but from mobile it's all good.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
These links are broken.
Unfortunately they've been broken for a while due to stratics constantly changing how their links are done. You can still get them to work if you click on one, then delete "/community" from the address bar, so it becomes 'stratics.com/threads/' instead of 'stratics.com/community/threads/'

Mord

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
In case anyone is looking here now, you will want to use community.stratics in the URL along w/ removing the "/community".

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Links have been updated in his original post and the post on templates.