• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Corroded Box - Can not be moved???

Mezzac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,

Not sure whether this has been raise before, but.........

As part of my house decoration I had place a Corroded Box. Today I decided to do a spot of remodeling which required the removal of the box ...... Only problem was however, I could not pick it up!!

At first I thought I may have placed it too high and it was out of reach, however despite my best efforts it would not not allow me to pick it up or move in any way:sad3:.

So I called a GM for assistance - He arrived within minutes:thumbsup:. He proceeded to explained that as a Quest item, it was not suppose to have been removed from my back pack and certainly not place as a decoration item. His only option was to destroy it:violin:.

I requested that he not do that just yet as I would like to seek further confirmation from other players and he agree:thumbup:

So here I am - asking whether other have had any problems with the Corroded Box?

Thanks Mezzac

PS Another good reason for a second opinion is that he may have been confused :shots:.........

C

Connor_Graham

The GM had no freaking clue what he was doing, and should be flayed with a cat-o-9 tails for almost destroying the box. Jeremy herself put up instructions on what to do with these boxes, and said they were working on trying to fix them.

To pick up all of the corroded boxes you may have:

Lock it down, then use the house deco tool to turn it and you will be able to pick it up.

I can't help ya on the other thing.....

N

NewThunder

Wow, That is both funny and sad all st the same time. Have you thought about customizing your home to move it to the moving crate? Try turning it with a deco tool and then try to pick it up?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks like it's already been turned?

*dashes off to check her dirty boxes*

okay, yeah, facing that way you cannot pick it up, facing south you can

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope you sent in a negative GM report and pasted the Sceenie there also he has NO business being a UO GM.

Bah :loser:

Mezzac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the :scholar:

To pick up all of the corroded boxes you may have:

Lock it down, then use the house deco tool to turn it and you will be able to pick it up.

I can't help ya on the other thing.....
Thanks a Lot Connor - worked a treat!!:bowdown: I'm just glad that the GM gave me the opportunity to seek a second opinion :). Would have been a great waste otherwise.

Thanks Mezzac

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so we're all politely ignoring that the GM was unsure of which world he was in, yes?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Geeez

Totally unreal...but believable, all things being considered

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh....I'd show more emotion but I left my surprised face in the car...

C

Coranthe

Yep..that's some fine staff we got!

Come on Jeremy, since this thread grabbed your eye, throw a can of whitewash at it.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no this is not funny this is just one example of the terribel service and lack of communcations...
Sad is the verb here....

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep..that's some fine staff we got!

Come on Jeremy, since this thread grabbed your eye, throw a can of whitewash at it.
This coming from a person that would blatantly lie to the community, as you did? And then defend it as you did?

Wow...seems a little...a little...

Skewed is about all I can say without violating the RoC...

But it does seem to show that they have likely spread the GM staff too thin. That's for sure.

L

love2winalot

Hail: I am going to do something i do not think i have ever done before, TAKE THE SIDE OF THE GM. :D

Having done tec support before i know that if the knowledge base for the players is years out of date, then the tec support base for the GMs is also out of date. So, it comes down to that indivudual GM playing expierience. Most of us never had a corroded chest, and if it was ME, i would also have no clue as to what to do.

There are Soooooooooo many bugs and things that just do not work correctly in this game as to boggle the mind. Do you know how thick the GM Repair book would need to be to have every single issue in the game listed inside it?
It is not the GM, but the support from upper management for the GM.:scholar:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GM could have at least hit the macro that said "Ultima Online" rather than "Darkfall", love2winalot

:sad4:

especially after not knowing the answer to the question

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yowzer. This speaks ill for the fate of UO. They have doac gms on double duty.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No wonder they don't seem to know much about UO - they are all DAOC GM's.

Someone should page in UO asking why their Firbolg Blademaster can't gain experience. :p

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone should page in UO asking why their Firbolg Blademaster can't gain experience. :p
I would love to see a screen shot of THAT conversation. Too bad I don't know enough about the other games to string them on in that way...

Not that I advocate wasting GM time of course... :scholar: ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is it just me or does anyone else find that GM's statement as PA Thetic? Yes with a CAPITOL P.

V

Vyrquenox

gm just gave me a new box right off. heard about the turn thing later on. just an example of how often 'game master' doesn't mean anything. i was pleased how my situation was handled (oddly) but goes to show you also that who you get means something.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just me or does anyone else find that GM's statement as PA Thetic? Yes with a CAPITOL P.

You know a picture says a thousand words and that last line "thank you for playing dark age of camelot" says all there is needed to say about our "CUSS"tomer service.

I intentionaly mispelled customer.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gms have worked multiple games for years. They also handle the pogo.com stuff I believe, and used to do the sims stuff. He hit the wrong g'bye macro, but on top of not knowing the answer to the question (I didn't either, what is a corroded box? lol) it's pretty humorous.