• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Copying UI Between Chars?

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, so I am trying out the new client. I went to the trouble to set up some four different hotbars, and arrange everything where I want them around the screen.

So, is there any way to automatically transfer this layout to my other characters? Or will I have to do this manually for each?

(If this is answered in one of the FAQs, then verbally abuse me and tell me, and I will go research. I glanced through, but either it isn't there or I overlooked it in my haste.)

T

Tazar

Exit UO to your desktop.

Navigate on your hard drive to: C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Computer Name)\My Documents\EAGames\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\(Account Name)\(Shard Name)\

Right Click on the file named for the character you want to copy the macros and desktop setting from and select copy.

Paste the copy back in the same location to create a copy of the macro file - it will be named: Copy of (Character name).

Delete the file for the character that needs the macro file and then rename the "Copy" to replace the file you just deleted.

Reload UO and you should be set.

The path given above is for Win-XP and may be slightly different for Vista or Win-7.

If you are copying to a different shard, the instructions are the same, except when you paste the copied file, navigate to the other shard's folder.

Regaws

Visitor
@Tazer I just wanted to thank you in 2023 because this still worked and it saved me a bunch of time. I'm now playing hardcore for the added challenge and having to keep creating over and over again was frustrating.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was just going to ask how do you copy desktop and macros over to multiple CC accounts ?