• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Copper_Enhanced 1.6.5 Update available...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok... Manual update:

Delete the following files from UserInterface\Copper_Enhanced\

InterfaceCore.XML
Interface.LUA
Interface.XML

That should make Copper_Enhanced appear again as it will reset those files.

Also, the modded resizeable atlas still works!

I have now updated the Exchange with version 1.6.2 which will have the manual update as well as the Status Window changes done this week.

Note that if you do not do the manual update as above, you will need to delete any old versions of Copper_Enhanced before you put in 1.6.2.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Copper_Enhanced 1.6.2 Update available...

Hi Dermott, great fan of your Copper_Enhanced skins!

can you confirm if its right that you now no longer see your own char name when you hover the mouse over them?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah... I see what you mean... not sure why that is though. I'll take a look and see if I can find it.

Edit: Found the issue, it's the Item Property Highlight mod. I'll send word over to Gildar about it. For now, you can either keep the mod with the bug or delete it form the Mod directory if it's that big of an issue.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Thanks !!! very fast fix !

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Luckily, yes.

I was worried the map changes were going to play hell, but that wasn't the case.

E

Eldril

Just downloaded 1.6.2 and replaced the entire Copper_Enhanced folder in the user interface folder with the new changes and none of the content is available. I am running in full screen mode and none of the menus, pack, etc... show up. I'm really only able to move, can't talk, use menus, etc...

I had to kill the process to log out (the ESC menu didn't show up to even allow me to log out gracefully). I had to totally remove the package and go back to the default interface. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Eldril

P.S. This package is awesome and look forward to getting it up and running again. Going back to the original UI just confirms the great work you have done to date on the package.

E

Eldril

Just reset back to 1.6 and performed the manual updates and I am up an running for now.

-Eldril

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I just tried the package download and installd with a new folder name and everything worked.

Might try now that you've done the manual update to also manually move 1.6.2 files that were updated.

Those will be any files dated 11/xx/09 and are:

Copper_Enhanced\Textures\00000020_Hud.dds
Copper_Enhanced\Source\StatusWindow.xml

These are the Status window changes.

I have one more change that didn't make it into the upload folder this time that will clean up the Object Handle Toggle a bit (uses a texture that's added in the HUD file).

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for the notice Dermott.

The issues have been fixed with version 0.5 for Item Properties - available at the Modders Exchange.
I'd also recommend getting version 1.1 of the Custom Settings Window (lets changes to the properties get shown immediately, instead of needing to reload the UI).
Dermott will probably have it added to Copper_Enhanced shortly.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll see if I can get the chance to get this done either first thing tomorrow, or by the end of the weekend... gonna be a bit busy the next couple days though, so it may be a day or two.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Copper_Enhanced now updated to 1.6.5

Gildar's updates in as well as the texture update for Object Handle Window.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nice!

I had updated to 1.6.2 last night. I'll try 1.6.5 tonight.

What do you mean by "getting version 1.1 of the Custom Settings Window"? I see that mod listed. Should I use it? I mean, it's not included in the 1.6.5 package?
I guess not? I would need that in order to add the other mini mods it seem.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's in there. I updated all of the files this morning as part of 1.6.5

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That's awesome! I can't wait.

I did notice a few fonts on the last skin. "Name" looks nice... almost like old ultima font.

I

Ivorythorn

I downloaded the Copper-Enhanced skin, and I really like it. I do have one question. What is the function of the button that says Dynamic Object? I click on it and it gives me the menu listing corpse, etc, but I haven't been able to figure out it's function. Other than that AWESOME!

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I downloaded the Copper-Enhanced skin, and I really like it. I do have one question. What is the function of the button that says Dynamic Object? I click on it and it gives me the menu listing corpse, etc, but I haven't been able to figure out it's function. Other than that AWESOME!
It lets you change the Object Handle filter setting without opening up the Settings Window.

E

Eldril

I just tried the package download and installd with a new folder name and everything worked.

Might try now that you've done the manual update to also manually move 1.6.2 files that were updated.

Those will be any files dated 11/xx/09 and are:

Copper_Enhanced\Textures\00000020_Hud.dds
Copper_Enhanced\Source\StatusWindow.xml

These are the Status window changes.

I have one more change that didn't make it into the upload folder this time that will clean up the Object Handle Toggle a bit (uses a texture that's added in the HUD file).
Thanks for the info. I made the manual update then replaced with new client and all is well.
-Eldril

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
excellent work as always.
Has anyone been able to add legacy runebook to this skin?
perhaps all partial packages should come in mod form so they can just be added to the mod folder?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
excellent work as always.
Has anyone been able to add legacy runebook to this skin?
perhaps all partial packages should come in mod form so they can just be added to the mod folder?
Some tweaks can't be done in Mod form, unfortunately (at least not in a very nice way). The Legacy runebook is one of th...

:scholar:
Or maybe not...
*makes a note to try something this weekend*

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I did add in the classic style runebook for a while, but wasn;t happy with the performance of the gump, so I backed it back out. I may try it again in the near future to make sure it wasn't a performance fluke or just a bad version.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
quick question about the mod colours, Blessed and Insured are still white and i cannot find how to change is this a bug or am i being daft?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a bug with the Item Properties highlighting mod.
*makes a note to fix that*

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I did add in the classic style runebook for a while, but wasn;t happy with the performance of the gump, so I backed it back out. I may try it again in the near future to make sure it wasn't a performance fluke or just a bad version.
If you do add the classic runebook, can it be an option and not the skin default? (Unless it has the same 2 click travel ability of the KR/EC runebook gump, as the 2D runebooks are annoyingly click intensive)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The "legacy" runebook has the same functionality as the KR/EC runebook, it simply has a book texture behind the buttons and labels.

I still need to retry it as when I had it in, when I would open the runebook gump, none of the buttons would be useable until I closed and reopened it (like the old KR bug when you double clicked a runebook in a hotbar), however in this case, the KR bug was not the trigger action for the bug and was happening on top of several other small client annoyances so I removed it for sanity purposes.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks good!

Now if only books looked like books.. Or EC books functioned like 2D books as far as page size and pasting - but I know thats something the Dev Team will need to fix.

F

Fink

Looks good!

Now if only books looked like books.. Or EC books functioned like 2D books as far as page size and pasting - but I know thats something the Dev Team will need to fix.
I noticed that the essences quest books on the tables looked and functioned like Classic ones, even within the EC. If we had that option while retaining the current functions such as copy/paste, EC books would be awesome.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed that the essences quest books on the tables looked and functioned like Classic ones, even within the EC. If we had that option while retaining the current functions such as copy/paste, EC books would be awesome.

Yes, yes they would! However those books just *looked* like classic books, but that’s as far as it went. They weren't books as far as the inscription skill was concerned, unfortunately. Most likely they were just special gumps.

If it weren't for the modders, the EC would be almost completely stagnant. *sigh*

F

Fink

If it weren't for the modders, the EC would be almost completely stagnant. *sigh*
That is true. It would be nice to see at least equal commitment to the EC from the development team as we have from the dedicated modders, but of course the devs have multiple priorities set out for them and the modders can do as they please.. it's a shame.

R

Radix

It's not surprising, a few days ago i read a news that EA is firing 1500 people, some of the damned are Mythic (and 3-4 more at least), theorycally they abandon the games on developing, i think we can expect even less support now for the EC...
But since we have 0'000... support it's difficult to give us even less support ¬¬

BTW, after last destroyer patch, this skin is working? (mine was destroyed last time i patched, another big surprise)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, the skin is still working, but you will want to download and use the latest version from the Exchange.

A

Alaster The Mad

Hello,

just stopped by and fell on this thread, and i've found important to say :

"Copper_Enhanced rocks big time"

Yeah, that's it.
Using 1.6.5, real pleasure. Few bugs, yeah, but damn good.

Keep up the good work !

W

woody_cats

is it the skin or something i am doing wrong that will not let me accept a trade in the ec client

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
is it the skin or something i am doing wrong that will not let me accept a trade in the ec client
try clicking a little below the accept box its a little off on mine also

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No solid deadline on the next version yet, although new items ar elining up so maybe this weekend at some point since I do have some time off work.

Let's see... so far, for the upcoming release list we have:

1. UOC support mod
2. Open on Startup mod
3. Plan to combine Item properties mods to have the best of both worlds... scaled hueing plus additional info

Anything else lately? I saw the Diablo mod addition, but I think that's going to stay separate from the "Official version" as I want to keep the "Official version" as more global instead of specialized (within my own reason of what I think should go in of course).

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have you managed to fix the insurance and blessed colours bug in the upcomming release?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm still looking into combining the two item properties packages, I have the other two mods already uploaded in the skin and would just have to do a reversioning for them to be added in an official package.