• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cool Christmas Tree Idea - Nice Community Idea

F

Fink

Best community idea for christmas would be to log out... go see friends, family, and donate to a kids' charity. :thumbsup:

A

Amathist

Best community idea for christmas would be to log out... go see friends, family, and donate to a kids' charity. :thumbsup:
And a merry bah humbug to you too ......I am planing to spend my christmas with family and friends, however some of us like to do things with our online community too.

You know things to spark some community fun and shard interest, if its not what your interested in then so be it. Hopefully others will think it a fun idea.

F

Fink

Uhm? How is that a humbug? It's the polar opposite.

There's plenty that could be done in the real world for 'community' at this time of year. Maybe volunteer at a homeless kitchen, collect clothes & toys for the needy, etc.

It beats sitting around an imaginary tree griping about lag, that's all.

A

Amathist

The thing is Fink this is a UO forum for our shard not a REAL world forum, so my post was about something GAME related, that can bring a little bit of community spirit in game - this you either support or you do not, your choice.

But to come in and post a comment that I guess I see as a negative "why bother do something real instead" remark I see as being bah humbug to the community in game.

And hey I could be wrong but that is how it felt when I read your post, as you showed no other response to the community idea other then to say do something real.

Now if your interested in REAL google Christmas Kong - something gamers are doing for the real world.

But having community spirit in game and showing some festive cheer does not translate to NOT having community spirit or doing our part in the real world either. We can certainly do both but this thread was for IN GAME community spirit.

A

Amathist

We have our own chirstmas tree it is on the EAST side of luna just outside the gate near the ORB building.

I just have to work out how to mark statues for guilds, but if you have one you can feel free to leave them in the mail box at the base of the tree and they will be added.

Just simple messages please like Merry Christmas from ORB or Happy Holidays TBD all guilds are welcome to have an ornament on the tree.