• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Controlling Greater Dragons

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making a new tamer to use a super drag. It's a very weird template, but I want to make sure I can control a greater dragon. Didn't see anything on the taming guide... anyone know?

I have 112 taming and 110 lore, that enough to control a greater regularly?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
95.8% of the time
Great.

I'd like to take this time to apologize in advance for the lameness, lack of skill required, and general "trashiness" of this template. I look forward to collecting Great Lakes insurance.

G

greatpumpkinator

Great.

I'd like to take this time to apologize in advance for the lameness, lack of skill required, and general "trashiness" of this template. I look forward to collecting Great Lakes insurance.
I can sell you insurance on GL...my rate is 600 gold per unit per week...interested?

LOL....j/k. :lol:

Z

Zodiac19

I inserted the following formulas into an Excel spread sheet so i'm plug and play with the #s.

Calculations:
1. tamingBonus = difficultyModifier * (taming skill - pet difficulty)
2. loreBonus = difficultyModifier * (taming skill - pet difficulty)
3. skillBonus = (tamingBonus + loreBonus) / 2

Control chance:
Final control chance % = 70 + skillBonus;

Now, the difficultyModifier above depends on the difference between your skill and the pet’s difficulty. Instead of averaging the skills and then applying the modifier to the average as before, the difficulty modifier is now applied independently to each skill and then that result is averaged. This gives us the ability to give more importance to taming than lore, while still requiring you to have a significant investment in both skills to control high level pets. The way that modifiers are picked is as follows:

Difficulty Modifiers:

6 - if (taming/lore skill - pet difficulty) is positive (i.e. if taming/lore skill is greater than the pet's difficulty)
28 - if (taming skill - pet difficulty) is negative (i.e. if your taming is less than the pet's difficulty)
14 - if (lore skill - pet difficulty) is negative (i.e. if your lore is less than the pet's difficulty)

To give you an example for a player with 93 taming and 100 lore trying to control a dragon which has a difficulty of 93.9:

Step 1 – Finding the skill / pet difficulty difference for each skill:

Taming – Pet Difficulty = 93 – 93.9 = -0.9

Lore – Pet Difficulty = 100 – 93.9 = 6.1

Step 2 – Finding the modifiers for both skills

Taming difference is negative, so the taming modifier is 28 (would be 6 if it were positive)

Lore difference is positive, so the Lore modifier is 6 (would have been 14 if it were negative)

Step 3 – Applying the modifiers to each skill bonus

Taming bonus = 28 * -0.9 = -25.2

Lore bonus = 6 * 6.1 = 36.6

Step 4 – Averaging the two bonuses:

skillBonus = (-25.2 + 36.6) / 2 = 5.7

Step 5 – Finding the control chance

Control Chance = 70 + 5.7 = 75.7%

This, of course, assumes that the dragon is at max loyalty. The penalty for loyalty has not changed, however, so I won’t go into detail here about how that works.

What this does is require that you pretty much need to have both taming and lore very close to the pet's difficulty in order to control it. However, there is more room for having slightly lower lore than there is for having less taming. Also, the bonus for having more skill than the pet's difficulty is about where it was before, but again, you can't compensate too much with one skill or the other.

Disclaimer:I did not work this out just had it copied into word from the old forums. Author unknown....

G

Gellor

I did a little testing on test center.

I was able to control a greater with 120 tame and 105 lore with no problem. I didn't get a chance to test it fully... 100 lore did not cut it though. Not real sure where the magic number is between 100 and 105 is.:thumbup1:

Greater was a pain to tame even with 120 tame and 120 lore.:sad2:

Good luck on the template. I am just finishing up my tamer template that is VERY tight.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great.

Leaving TDR to join P.eople W.ho N.eed T.amers? LMFAO.:lol::lol::lol:

Z

Zodiac19

I did a little testing on test center.

I was able to control a greater with 120 tame and 105 lore with no problem. I didn't get a chance to test it fully... 100 lore did not cut it though. Not real sure where the magic number is between 100 and 105 is.:thumbup1:

Greater was a pain to tame even with 120 tame and 120 lore.:sad2:

Good luck on the template. I am just finishing up my tamer template that is VERY tight.
In your example 120 tame and 105 lore the control chance is 98%. For 99% or max control you would need 105.2. You get a negitive penalty for not having your lore (or taming) equal to or greater than the minimum taming required for said pet. Also lore has nothing to do with the chance on taming a new pet, only the taming skill effects that. Your tamining success chance at 120 tame for a greater dragon is only 26.8%. At minimum skill you have a .2% chance and add a .2% chance for every .1 in skill you gain this can be real or modified with items.