• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Contribute 1 tip for making playing in UO a pleasurable gaming experience :)

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Contribute 1 tip for making playing in UO a pleasurable gaming experience :)

Dont play tired ! and or invis/ recall when taking a quick break

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'd like more people to just shoot the breeze with in the chats. Doesn't have to be serious. So my tip would be... talk more in chats. Let people know what you're doing and maybe get some company doing stuff. Be more willing to join others in doing stuff if you have time.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Block annoying chat people that just wanna trash talk after the oh so important pvp sessions lol :)

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive found that turning on different music helps me play longer in UO . the in game music is nice, but only once in a blue moon

hmm. i wonder how much the music changed since i started playing in 2000? i could have sworn the music was awesome back then cause i always had it on.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think that having a few adult beverages during a Friday or Saturday evening session helps...

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive found that turning on different music helps me play longer in UO . the in game music is nice, but only once in a blue moon

hmm. i wonder how much the music changed since i started playing in 2000? i could have sworn the music was awesome back then cause i always had it on.
I turned off the sound and music in 2000 because Windows 98 had one audio channel and it was either UO or WinAmp. I have proceeded to keep it off ever since.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I turned off the sound and music in 2000 because Windows 98 had one audio channel and it was either UO or WinAmp. I have proceeded to keep it off ever since.

i just remember the music being cooler sounding back then. and the login screen looked way better.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
another tip i love in UO : dress your kill, all of them !

i stash the gold. Save the jewels, save the leathers, crappy gear gets sold (or unraveled nowadays), steaks get saved etc etc etc

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use Ventrillo and play with a group. The game is only fun bc of the other people in it.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DO what makes ur gaming experience a happy one. Fishing... Soloing peerless .. Pvping .. Rpg ... Hanging out and talking.

Don't be the person u are not.

And change it up. Do things u have not done before.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
another tip i love in UO : dress your kill, all of them !

i stash the gold. Save the jewels, save the leathers, crappy gear gets sold (or unraveled nowadays), steaks get saved etc etc etc
I used to do that all the time - I even made a cook to take all those raw ribs and turn them into sweet, sweet profit. Granted this was back in the 90s. Now days, I've calculated it out, my profit per minute goes WAY down when I'm in a place like Destard killing dragons for barbed hides.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Twink new players and hang out with them for at least 1 hour if they need start up help !

i did this a lot when i played more often and longer hours. after months and years passed by made a good amount of online UO friends that way ! plus its fun to play with someone to whom UO is new :)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
If your ultimate goal is a more pleasurable gaming experience... perhaps you could attempt being, umm, pleasured, while gaming.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one more tip : Study what you are hunting! it will make for a more pleasurable hunting/gaming experience. With so many websites out there for UO , you are very likely to find any info you need on hunting a monster.

That being said, its also very fun to just dive in and try to kill a monster and just learn on the fly. I found out long ago Ancient Wyrms have a nasty bite :p

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont get riled with people that want to own/control UO......they have adhd or somethung ...stand back .....its a issue/problem...let then live there dream...lol...and walk away

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think a lot of enjoyment and success has to do with putting yourself in a good position to succeed. For instance, if you've had a lousy day, and getting raided and killed bothers you, then probably you should do something other than heading into Despise at 8pm eastern -since this is basically guaranteed to be raided.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Contribute 1 tip for making playing in UO a pleasurable gaming experience :)
Dont play tired ! and or invis/ recall when taking a quick break
Invest in a notebook (college rule 60 sheets) that should last you 4 or 5 events. Take notes during or after an EM event and write EMRPC you interacted with or that interacted in storyline, what it was about, what was accomplished/not accomplished. Seems like a lot of work but it's really not and it will save you tons of time down the road when taking part in future continuing events. (EMRPC = Event Moderator Roleplayed Character)

Event Name and Date

Name:
Title/Rank:
Alignment:

( Here is an example: CAPTAIN GWEN IRINA )

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have some sort of voice chatting inbuilt like vent, makes ganking so much easier.

Last edited:

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id say for new players to ALSO make a character on Siege just to experience a different side of UO gaming

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enough bugs? Like what? Like a server going down whilst your on your tamer with your pre patched gd, coming back two days later to find your gd unbonded and died?

Tell me more of this pixelated pain

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enough bugs? Like what? Like a server going down whilst your on your tamer with your pre patched gd, coming back two days later to find your gd unbonded and died?

Tell me more of this pixelated pain
Talk about innovation ! They always find new ways to torture our poor minds..