• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Contest> 10m for best Christmas house

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Christmas Contest. Best decorated house with holiday theme. Will have contest on the 23rd. Just post in this thread if you are interested. Winner gets 10m. Need at minimum of 5 people to have contest to make it fair. If enough people sign up will throw in second and third place prizes as well. I will be doing judging with the help of my wife. )

1. Eyes of Origin
2. Mutau
3. Gellor
4. Joy-elf
5. Lols
6. SchezwanBeefy

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess just one house per person. Also can be either facet. If you kill me when you show me a house in Fellucia you get disqualified though ). Also if someone would want to help up the prize money they could help judge. I am open to all suggestions.

E

Eyes of Origin

A few questions...

Start date of the contest?
End date the 23rd?
When will judging be?

I'll post as I think of things, but depending on the answers.. you can count me in. We just dont have long till the 23rd, hence why I am wondering on when the start date would be.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who wants to be in contest needs to post in this thread by the 22nd. So start decorating ). I know I wanted to start sooner but had a 8 day stretch at work. So ya get to decorating. Lets make the time for 8pm Pst on the 23rd. And also everyone who is contest is welcome to tag along and see all the contestant houses with me. As well as anyone else. Hope we get a lot of people to do this. Have like roughly 5 days to decorate. Also what we can do is all meet at Luna fairgrounds and start the tour at 8ish and meet back there when done for prizes. The more people that do this the better I will make prizes as well. May not be all gold, I will probably throw other goodies in as well.

E

Eyes of Origin

Would it be considered a conflict of interest if I competed and I did an article on the contest?

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need more people lets go. Ill throw in a pan of cookies from Em Cyno and sash from his anniversary party tonight along with the ten mill. Just need some people to participate.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok we have 2 so far. Would like a few more if we can get it. If not ill just go with what we have. Remember you still have 3 more days to just post that you want to do it in this thread to be entered. But the longer you wait the less time to make ya house look like a xmas wonderland ). Good Luck

E

Eyes of Origin

So far its just Mutau and myself??

Come on ppl, I know theres other decorators on Pacific....

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come on ya grinches, sign up for this. Where has the Christmas spirit gone?. Ill let ya throw creme pies at me too if ya like.

/ \
/ \
/ * \
/ j \
/ * \
/ * * \
/ * j \
-------------
[ ]

G

Gellor

Does a borg stone block house with 100 xmas trees on it count? That is about as creative as I can get:lol:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does a borg stone block house with 100 xmas trees on it count? That is about as creative as I can get:lol:
Ya sure anything counts somewhat xmasy. And you pvpers dont be afraid to enter, promise we wont call you trammies if you enter. Do some crazy reindeer attacking Santa Clause or something with lots of blood and presents scattered about from rabid reindeer. ) that will fit in with ya fellucia play and yet somewhat represent a Christmas theme in a weird and socially unacceptable way ).

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya sure anything counts somewhat xmasy. And you pvpers dont be afraid to enter, promise we wont call you trammies if you enter. Do some crazy reindeer attacking Santa Clause or something with lots of blood and presents scattered about from rabid reindeer. ) that will fit in with ya fellucia play and yet somewhat represent a Christmas theme in a weird and socially unacceptable way ).
We could really do a couple prizes if we got enough people into it. Best Decorated for Holiday. Most dimented Xmas theme )

J

Joy-ElF

C'mon Gemma, you can borrow Pink Floyd's santa costume and come stand on my keep steps that night! :D

G

Gellor

Aw hell... I guess I got signed up:lol: Guess I need to break out all the xmas stuff I've saved:thumbup1:

Any way to wreck a sleigh?:gee:

E

Eyes of Origin

My house is done, but I only did the front, the 2nd floor and the roof. :( just too much going on to do the whole house with the Holidays rapidly approaching.

I should be home by time you start judging them on the 23rd. If you could maybe post where to meet you and at what time to meet you, I'll try my best to make it. I would really like to get screenshots of everyones houses that enter.

L

lols

k - I'm in too - when you or Dani see me on in the next couple days can you remind me to access you to my house in Yew? I'll be out of town on the 23rd

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will meet at Luna fairgrounds at 8pm Pac time on the 23rd. Would be awesome if a Pac Em read this thread and brought a stag to fairgrounds.= ). Anyway we have 5 people signed up right now and ya still have all day tomorrow to sign up so hopefully we can get a cpl more people.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lineman, I'm interested in putting my house in, but I will not be able to attend the time you talked about meeting at the fairgrounds due to time differences. Can I just post a screen shot?

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come on ya grinches, sign up for this. Where has the Christmas spirit gone?. Ill let ya throw creme pies at me too if ya like.

/ \
/ \
/ * \
/ j \
/ * \
/ * * \
/ * j \
-------------
[ ]

Hahaha nice! 8/10 !

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure Beefy, seems like time is affecting a cpl people. Would it help if we did it at like 9 or 10 pac time let me know guys.

E

Eyes of Origin

anytime after 730 pac time is good for me, I should be home in time.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will post a screenie tonight when I get home then. =] Wish I could just be there but it's quite difficult with a 17 hour time difference. It is hard to commit to a time... u___u

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Contest is tonight, so if you have entered we will meet at Luna fairgrounds at 8pm Pac time to about 8:15 and then depart on our tour. Please do not bring anything of value with you as one of our houses could be deemed dangerous territory. When tour is complete we will have a 15 minute intermission at Luna Fairgrounds for judges to decide. (BYOB). lol.

Also I have 20m in prizes with items as well. I will let first place decide which box he or she would like and then go on down the list, that's why it would be nice for everyone to attend so you can choose the prize you like. The boxes are locked down at a plot I own and anyone can access so the can decide. We will port to my plot once winner is decided with all contestants. See everyone tonight MERRY CHRISTMAS

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No no its gonna happen tonight even if only one of ya show up lol. Anyway a couple people wont be able to show up tonight I guess. My fault bad planning, that's what happens when your bored in game and have a six pack in ya lol, ya make a crazy contest on a holiday week with not much time to plan. And also if anyone wants to enter that didn't post just show up tonight at Luna Fairgrounds at 8pm Pac time tonight. See ya in a cpl hrs )

E

Eyes of Origin

Well, due to the snow storm in Denver and having to still go out Xmas shopping, I do not think I will be home by 8pm PST :( (Unfortunately, I made plans to go with someone whos stuck in the hellish traffic)
I tried to get a hold of Lineman to give him a rune to my house since it's open to the public, but havent heard back.
The best I would be able to do is post screenshots, unless he gets a hold of me before I leave.

If I am not home, I would like to get a view of the other houses as well, before they are taken down, so I can post screenies in an article I've started to prepare.

E

Eyes of Origin

Ok, so I missed the event... :( Congrats to the winner, even though I am not sure who that was hehe.. I would like to get screenies of all the contestants homes...

Since the only reason I deco'd was for this contest, I am going to post the pics of what I did... my house is open to the public atm if anyone else wants to see it... It's in Fel and west of Wrong.... just around the tip of the mountains and straight west almost....

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I missed the event... :( Congrats to the winner, even though I am not sure who that was hehe.. I would like to get screenies of all the contestants homes...

Since the only reason I deco'd was for this contest, I am going to post the pics of what I did... my house is open to the public atm if anyone else wants to see it... It's in Fel and west of Wrong.... just around the tip of the mountains and straight west almost....

Very nice!!!!!! Wow, you put a lot effort into that house. Great stuff!!!!

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ooh that looks awesome Eyes. I would like to see that. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get a rune off you yesterday, I can tell you put a lot of work into that. The Santa on your rubble room roof is very cool ). And the train ). Oh man you really worked hard. Im so sorry you didnt make it (. Cpl of other people didn't get to be on for last night as well (. I still have a prize for you though ).

Winners of last night were Elf and BBWolf both tied for first. Elf won on a dice roll and had first choice and picked 10m with a holiday cookie made by elves. BBwolf chose the 5m xmas box. We had a three way tie for second lol. (houses were all awesome so it was hard for me choose ) they were Lols, Alice, and Mutua who couldn't be there but had given me a rune, (awesome job Mutua very very festive and great display of holiday colors) . Lols had the high roll and chose the box with 2m, spiced eggnog and pan of cookies baked by Cyno. Alice chose the box with 2m, with 2 Em sashes and Chocalate Balls? lol something the stag dropped. Mutua I have a gift box for you as well. Oh and Gellor sent me photos of his abundant xmas tree roof lol. Nice job ).

Also thanks to everyone who participated and tried to make it. I understand why some of you couldn't show last night. Next contest I will plan better as I learned a lot from this one. For me it was just about everyone getting together to show off there Christmas Spirit. That is one thing I am glad UO hasn't got to politically correct and still goes all out for this holiday. Hats off to UO and the Ems who are doing a great job.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

E

Eyes of Origin

No gift needed hehe I just couldnt let the work go to waste, so had to post screenies hehe.

Congratulations to Joy, BBWolf, LOLs, Alice and Mutau :)
*whispers* I still need to see your houses ;)

Merry Christmas all :)

J

Joy-ElF

Not a problem :) Just let me know when you want to see mine.

Thanks for hosting the contest, Lineman.

No gift needed hehe I just couldnt let the work go to waste, so had to post screenies hehe.

Congratulations to Joy, BBWolf, LOLz, Alice and Mutau :)

M

mutau

Thanks for the contest. It was fun decorating.

Eyes, PM me for icq and i'll bring you a rune.

L

lols

Congratulations to Joy, BBWolf, LOLz, Alice and Mutau :)

you're friended to mine :)