• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Contemplating transfering

D

Dannyboy

My main gripe after coming back to UO and Europa is the lack of players, but I have a few characters who would all needs to be crossed over, and a shiz loads of items which will be a pain in the arse to shift. So I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. But if I just stay here I think ill grow bored and frustrated and just leave again.

All my characters are geared up and scrolled up, so I'm not worried about the higher prices on Atl either.

Just wondered if anyone else had any experience in doing this, not the process it itself but if they regretted it or are glad they did?

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one but you really know the answer to that question. Why not transfer one character over that you will be able to play with over there, and test it out a bit?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondered if anyone else had any experience in doing this, not the process it itself but if they regretted it or are glad they did?
I did exactly this a few weeks back. Moved from Europa to Atlantic.

First I made a char on Atlantic to see what the shard was like. I basically cloned a char I made in Europa to use on Atlantic. This way I could leave one on Europa.

I'm loving it on Atlantic. It's so much busier and I find resources and items etc are much easier to find (buy) and loads of friendly people who have helped me out no end.

I also spent about a week to find a house location. Once I found a decent one I then setup and started to move my characters over.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also with regards to the prices what do you mean?

I found power scrolls to be a similar price or cheaper on Atlantic. (Apart from eval intel).

The +25 stats are always the same price though from what I can tell.

D

Dannyboy

Thanks for the input everyone, appreciated! I think your right Serafi about the only way to find out for sure.

And ah ok DJAd, that's what I get for assuming, but glad to hear it worked out for you!