• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Constructing a False Moongate

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was a great relief tonight that the cure seemed to be working on both Nathan and Hannah. Nathans plan to constuct a moongate to the void has hit its first hurdle however. The plan was to constuct it in Nujelhm, but the city will not allow the use of energy fields there, so Alyx suggested we try an ulternitive location that Nathan mentioned. We found a spot which we though would make it easier for our mages in NW magincia as illistrated below.

Could someone please list items to be brought for the gates construction to the Council Hall tomorrow evening at 8pm UK time.

C

cheerful

As we were charged with finding a suitable location to entrap Mericles in a square of magical force the geometry of this area is very appealing (speaking as a mage who has a dodgy aim sometimes).
None the less, the timing of the four mages performing this task would have to be near perfect least Mericles escapes us.
We would still have to find a way to entice Mericles into the center somehow in any event.

Once captured it was suggested that we threaten Mericles with a glass dagger although what effect it would have on him is unclear at this time.
Nathan singled out Hex, an adventurer of some repute, to perform this risky task, I do not fear for Hex however after hearing his account of 'prising the dagger from the hands of his dead opponent after dualing him in mortal combat'. No doubt a now, former follower of the Shadowlords.

As Lady Flame has stated we were also asked to bring items suitable for staging the building of a moongate, Nathan himself suggested bones and blood.

Comments and ideas are needed so don't be shy :)

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there!

As suggested this evening, I have been collecting power crystals, arcane gems, a few clockwork mechanisms, and I also have a few plague beast mutation cores I won't been needing. Hope that helps.

C

cheerful

Hopefully there will be someone at the meeting with a knowledge of 'black moongate building materials'.

I'm stumped on the blood, i'll kick myself when someone comes up with the answer no doubt.

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully there will be someone at the meeting with a knowledge of 'black moongate building materials'.

I'm stumped on the blood, i'll kick myself when someone comes up with the answer no doubt.
Daemon Blood, as in the Necro reg? That was what I'd thought was meant.

S

Seasseragh

As we are building a fake moongate there are no "right" materials, don´t you think? It just needs to look impressive/plausible.

Callum mentioned bones and blood as components of the black moongate built by Sakhtoth, the orc shaman. And that sure weren´t animal bones and cherry juice used there. I can only guess that this is why Nathan suggested those tonight.

Of course there is the daemon blood puddles from past events and tokuno dyed snow patches/remains of travesty for a more flashy (and expensive) effect. Or even the truely rare blood puddles from ages past (But I doubt anyone would want to risk those).

P.S.: Personally I´d say normal cloth/bandages dyed bloodish red should do the trick with a bit of innovative stacking to blur the edges, but Nathan might disagree.

C

cheerful

Ha, I knew it, someone with knowledge of constructing moongates :)

I started to think about the dyed ice patches then thought how hilarious it would be to see Mericles slip and fall on his butt from stepping on one before being trapped with fields.

But then, thats me.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nathan singled out Hex, an adventurer of some repute, to perform this risky task, I do not fear for Hex however after hearing his account of 'prising the dagger from the hands of his dead opponent after dualing him in mortal combat'. No doubt a now, former follower of the Shadowlords.
Ha! Who told you that? :D

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have collected some bones and power crystals but can't be there since my sons' work schedules have changed, and they need feeding.
Can I deliver them somewhere, or to somebody? (bones etc, not sons)

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As mentioned its the looks of the item thats more important than the item itself, as we are only trying to fool Mericles and he wont be given the oppotunity to inspect them to decide if they are correct. To give a mental picture an idea is pileing up bones collected from shadow wisps near blood dungeon, possibly over some red dyed cloth, with red dyed balls of wool etc near to look like splashes of blood, even a dye tub colored red near by to appear we have blood by the butt load. With the other ingrediants mentioned above to add more credibility to it. I hope Nathans got an artistic streak, to make it look convincing. It would be interesting if he could draw a red alter under all the bones. But bring along anything that you think an evil mage would use, it will make Mericles think we are working on his wave length and be all the more convincing so we can catch him off guard.

Another idea is if someone set up a table with potions, an hour glass, alchemists bottles etc near to give it that extra feel. But I could just be letting my imagination go overboard.

C

cheerful

Ha! Who told you that? :D
Your mum.

I'm not going to be around until just after 8 otherwise I would offer to take the bones Saunders.

Ideas-over imagined- I think not
We could also put a spell book and gate scrolls on the table along with some regs (Gilforn mentioned mandrake)

A couple of necro's with wisp's on their shoulders?
Moonstones tram/fel? (yes, I am offering them)
Practice making e-fields at the local?

This is only the start of building the gate (so I am lead to believe) so tonight is a bit of a dress rehearsal for the actually 'opening' of the fake gate. We can see what works and what dose'nt.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
imagination going into overdrive now.

8 granite rocks to round the moongate, pre shadow but 8 standard will do.

Wish I had time to get alot of this, sorry rl demands

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got some nice bone piles, as requested by Nathan. I'll try and get some more tomorrow before we gather again. :thumbup1:

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a few, and a nice water rock feature whilst gathering (oaks), but will not be there until about 9.45pm so prob will miss it, so everyone have fun.

C

cheerful

Got to admit that I was a bit worried that our gate was'nt eliptical however with the poppy dust it reminds me of the 'shimmering cubes' in Exodus dungeon so I'm happier that we are creating something thats already familiar in game and it certainly has some mystique about it.

I've got some tables and regs/scrolls to try out tonight.

S

Seasseragh

I can´t make it tonight either.
I left some rocks with someone who wants to be there tonight though.

From what we built so far I´ve come up with the following (I hope it makes sense)

-------------------------------------NORTH-----------------------------

-------empty-----------| ------------ 3x -----------|---3 to 4x
------------------------|------(2 shadow rocks------| (2 plain rocks
------------------------|+ 2x1 coin/gem/bandage)----|+2x1 coin)
------------------------|[to lift the next pair of rocks]|
------------------------| 2 plain granite rocks--------|
------------------------| on top to blend it in--------|
------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 to 5x-----------------| lots of black cloth,----------|4 to 5x
(2 plain rocks,----------| topped off with--------------|(2 plain rocks,
2 bones/1 bonepile------| 2 plain rocks----------------|2 bones/1 bonepile
2 demon bone)----------|----------------------------| 2 demon bone)

------------------------------------SOUTH------------------------------

Whatever you do, make it look good :D

C

cheerful

Could do...I'm kinda liking it now that I can reference it to something else in the game

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event has been postponed until Monday, I'm assuming so the EMs have time to prepare for the happenings this weekend which Sarakan just appeared and told us to look out for :)