• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Conspiracy Theory? Another Look at the Infamous Jerseys

B

Bella

I have read about these jerseys at quite a few web sites and finally found the article on the net myself right here. Many of you may have already seen this picture, it certainly isn't new (the article is dated Jan. 24, 2012). And you may have already speculated about what it could really mean. Is it an Easter Egg hinting towards the true release date of GW2? or just some fluke set of numbered jerseys hanging around for the very reason stated below? Really? Come on now... with how great it sounds to work for ArenaNet to start with people would actually leave during a time of its greatest game release - The Most Anticipated Game of the Year even... people would leave ArenaNet? THREE people??? I can see maybe one. Yeah, one person could have gotten a better offer to be CEO or something of another company? But I cannot see how anyone could leave for another job that would compare to the one they held at ArenaNet at THAT POINT IN TIME when the biggest game OF THE YEAR is just about ready to be released. A game ArenaNet put five years of their life in to building... Really? You are kidding me right? Hmmm... guess we will have to wait and see!!

For a very long time now, I have felt that GW2 will be released this coming June so a June 28, 2012 release would work for me! I mean, even with issues GW2 runs like a charm on many a PC, mine included. So I am totally on board with this being more than just a conspiracy theory. But I cannot say that I am speaking with any kind of actual knowledge... it's perhaps another symptom of the pure withdrawal I've been going through since the BWE ;)

Developers Weigh In On Release Date Conspiracy
BY: SEVEN | JAN 24, 2012 | GW2 NEWS

We here at GWI love a good conspiracy theory; especially when it’s this good. For many monthsthis image, taken by Massively’s Rubi Bayer during a tour of ArenaNet’s studio, has spawned several conspiracy theories around whether or not the developers planted an Easter egg for it’s visitors: a possible hint at the game’s launch date.
ArenaNet obviously has some of the most enthusiastic fans in it’s community, which is why recent posts made by Founder Mike O’Brien made the idea of this pic far more plausible. But still, to pull June, 28th 2012 as a release date for Guild Wars 2 off a couple of jerseys hanging on a wall? That takes an eye for detail.

Unfortunately, a recent post by Lead Designer Eric Flannum brings storm clouds and sad times to Conspiracy Land…

Those jersey’s are actually a tradition we’ve had in our design department where if a member of our design team who had been there for a while leaves, we’d hang a “retired” jersey on the wall for them. They used to be really crude t-shirts with names and numbers drawn on in pen but when our soccer team had cooler jerseys made we decided to order some for them. The number is their last work day. Sorry to ruin any fun conspiracy theories but any relation between those numbers and any kind of date is entirely coincidental at best.​
I hear rain.
Thank you Seven and Guild Wars Insider for sharing!