• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Considering a new home...

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't decided for certain, but I'm considering coming to Siege Perilous...at least for the PVP, if not for more fun than that.

As an old PVPer (I pvped before AOS, and stopped when it became item based) what is the advice for coming to this shard?

Also, i have been asked in the past by prvious Origin players that play here, to consider opening an auction house here....I am considering it, but not knowing if it would be griefed or used fairly....so thoughts onthat is appreciated as well.

C

Calibretto

This is a great shard for you if your used to pre AOS. That's when I played too.
Then when I came back the prodo shards just didn't do it for me. (To easy)
So I came here.

G

I think the return of auctions would be great. It is something I was toying with. They can be run without problems if properly planned and run.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I forgot to mention, I'm also a roleplayer....sooooo hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeep! Burn the witch!!

Um, I mean, a hearty welcome to thee! If you haven't seen it already, you might want to look here.

Once everyone is collected in that thread, then we can bar the doors and set it on fire. Much more efficient.

Oops, I probably shouldn't have said that either.

-Skylark

P.S. having been involved in the organization &amp; implementation of 3 large auctions here, I can say with assurance they can be conducted securely, but as Hoffs mentioned, it takes a lot of work.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well., having run auctions for 2+ years on Oceania and 2+ years on Origins and still running them there (Minus RL hiatus due to as I put it there "My house is demolished") i know about hard work. running an auction house is never easy, nor is it easy to trust a person who is new to the shard, even if they have a stellar reputation on other servers.

As far as burning the RPers...if you lock the doors and burn the outside...can't we just run out when the wall grows weak enough?

I mean....use the weak and feeble ones that run screaming to use as battering rams...they might get a little toasty but....

Errr...hey look over there.....cookies!

S

Sir Ha-ward

Ugh, not another moderator.... wanna go ahead and give me a weeks ban now so that we can go ahead and get that out of the way?

G

Well I for one know we need more good people to come to this shard.
But be prepared, this shard isn't for the light harted ...
But in advance Welcome to SIEGE !

K

Khaza

I've attended your auctions before Cassie when I tried Origin for a couple of months

An auction house on Siege would be fabulous..course would depend on the griefers

R

Rykus

Welcome to Siege!

Please do drag some of your RPing friends along with you. I havent actively RPd on Rykus in at least a year, if not longer, because it got old being the only one doing it. Not saying nobody else RPs on Siege, just I would never run into them while making my rounds.

Too bad we can't get something like Safe Haven going again, even if it isn't as good as it's former glory days...

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Ugh, not another moderator.... wanna go ahead and give me a weeks ban now so that we can go ahead and get that out of the way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Err.... I have nay a thing ta do with UO forums other than the fact I play UO as well as PotBS as well as WoW...I cannae ban ye for anything on any UO forums...so nay worry out that. Iffin ya cause problems on PotBS Stratics, well that be a different boat all together....there we be makin' ye walk the plank over shark infested waters.

Besides, why would i ban ye for talkin' civil to me aye?

P

Paul the Samurai

there is nothing wrong with an old school character, if you get ganked you will get killed no matter what, unless you stealth/hide all the time. My advice would be to make a template you will enjoy, or one that you are most comfortable using in pvp already, and take it to the max.
Personally i like a more versatile character that can do more then just one thing, as opposed to the the naked stealth/ninja dismounter.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oi...no...I dun do stealth and ninja...I can't wrap my mind around it....

Now magery and swords/fencing/something mellee....that's up my alley.

G

Cassie -

We believe that Siege offers the best of what UO was meant to be, which is why we play here.

If you decide to join us, it would be a pleasure to have you. I do want to warn you, there are a lot of struggles especially for a new character which makes it tough joining siege.

Because of ROT, It is going to take you 3-4 months to fully develop your character. In the interim, you are going to get viciously beaten to the ground and drylooted by many reds. Join NEW, it helps in the beginning.

PVP here on Siege is still item based, it is just not as bad as other shards. On other shards, you need to amass 150mil to buy the proper pvp gear which takes a while. Here on siege, you can compete with GM stuff, some good jewels, and a good weapon. You're blessed item will cost you between 400k-a few mil, and the rest of the suit 20k per death, however the elite pvpers do run around with some cursed artifacts and runic armour costing probably 500k per death. The good thing is, if you kill them, you get their items.

Regarding roleplaying, I think there are a lot of closet roleplayers out there that need to be brought out. Siege has the ability to roleplay better than any other shard as you can do anything you want any time. The only other problem I see is that instead of speaking or rp'ing to each other before a pvp encounter, it's always people yelling in vent OMG THERE'S PUFFY, QUICK DISMOUNT HIM, then you dismount, gank, and loot faster than college students grab free pizza at a club event.

PVP advice, it's all about groups and avoiding the gank....
Good luck.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Because of ROT, It is going to take you 3-4 months to fully develop your character. In the interim, you are going to get viciously beaten to the ground and drylooted by many reds. Join NEW, it helps in the beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well that won't be a problem...it took me 3-4 years to GM my first character in UO =P So no worries there for me.

As far as being drylooted....twill remind me of the days I played UO before Tram...&gt;I walked outside of city limits and *GANK* *LOOT* *empty corpse* *Sigh* It's all good. I have frequently been the proponent of no insurance so I hear ya.

<blockquote><hr>

Regarding roleplaying, I think there are a lot of closet roleplayers out there that need to be brought out. Siege has the ability to roleplay better than any other shard as you can do anything you want any time. The only other problem I see is that instead of speaking or rp'ing to each other before a pvp encounter, it's always people yelling in vent OMG THERE'S PUFFY, QUICK DISMOUNT HIM, then you dismount, gank, and loot faster than college students grab free pizza at a club event.

[/ QUOTE ]

PVP advice, it's all about groups and avoiding the gank....
Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the advice for any PVP at all. Avoid the gankage.

Thank ye all for the advice and warm welcome, though I haven't permanently decided yet. May have to test the waters on the weekend and re-roll my character(s) that I have on my accounts (as they are all newbish and have no real decent skills.

Cheers.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me grasp of orcish is a bit poor....but ye did say ye needed me to get ye some flower and butterfly scented perfume aye?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
What you playing and posting on the Pirates boards/game now too?

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

Don´t question it. Just take him up on his offer...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

you might as well delete my first 5-6 posts too....eh kelmo