• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

connection problems

mana hit

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im using windows vista,been playing since last patch.Couple days ago when i started up uo from icon,i get the message :couldnt connect to ultima online.Please try agian in a few moments.Ive had that happen in the past,but it didnt last a few days,more like an hour at best.Ive reinstalled the game,didnt help.Also i started game from icon after i selected run as admin.Still dont work. Any ideas?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check your firewall program and make sure its allowing UO to go through. It may have been blocked by accident

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I've been crashing like crazy.
At least once every single time I log in.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw is it the classic client or enhanced client? If its the enhanced client and if its not the the firewall causing the issue then make sure you have the box checked. Its the bottom right corner full file check or something like that.

mana hit

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i was about 5 min away from throwing pc in the pond.it worked, thanks alot!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol Yw and glad I saved your computer from a drowning. :)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter,

Have you always crashed all the time when you played UO or just after the patch?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well my answer would work for either way without bypassing your router (if you are using one). Go into your firewall and allow UO to get by. What it sounds to me its partially blocking which may be causing your crashes. So this will let your firewall re-learn UO and allow it to go through. May fix it but cant guarantee it. It's worth a shot.

mana hit

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ya it was classic client,and you change to full.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have been crashing like crazy since the last couple of patches.... I crashed about 5 times last night it's been going on since Halloween.

I remember doing it everytime I left the stables in Zento. Not sure what's up with that but quite often I'll crash at events.

I use windows 7 and the EC. Infact I've noticed a HUGE increase in LAG since the last publish to the point where eventually I'll just stop frozen... can't move at all. Happens more in the evenings when there are more folk on than during the day but it's very annoying.