• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Connecting to Origin

Emma Silvermane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the Login Servers Going to Be Down Long??? Been Trying For 30 Minutes? Getting Having Trouble Connecting To Origin?

5% Luck

Buddy of mine Qed me about this an hour ago and I tried and got in np

But...

Now I cant get back in :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's Tuesday, just. Although it hasn't gone down till later in the day other Tuesdays. :(

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got in 5 mins ago then made the mistake of trying to change charater :coco:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was trying to access my account pages to check what gametime is left on them, that wasn't working (put in my account name and password, get told "We were unable to process your request due to a system error. "), so went to try login to the game anyway - and there's a "problem communicating with Origin".

I'd guess something about the accounts data is not communicating, and thus not letting people reach the login servers.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Emma, I told you that Harry the login hamster does not make a good pet. You created an impossible situation when you stabled him then logged out. He can't do his job from the stable, now you can't get in to release him either!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't connect to login servers either. I have a character logged in on my laptop and I'll page a GM to make them aware.

Speaking of which, how outdated is that message? It hasn't been Origin Systems in some time has it? Shouldn't it be "There is some problem communicating with Electronic Arts/Mythic."

Emma Silvermane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok but ryo .. I told u this ... U have to tell me BEFORE i do stupid stuff .. not after ive already done it!

L

Lord Mercer

Hello.

I am glad that I am not the only one having issues. Around 5pm Monday afternoon i could not reconnect the UO after I logged out. After trying for 20 minutes, I decided to format my hard drive and do a fresh install of UO.

After a few hours of messing with my PC, I reloaded UO and I logged in and out fine 5 or 6 times.

Now ive just gotten back online and I logged in and everything was fine. Then I tried to switch characters and it would not let me log back in.

I thought maybe there was something wrong with my computer or internet connection but it seems like the login servers must be having an issue. Which is suprising because I have not had an issue with logging in for years.

Anyway hopefully it will be fixed by tommorrow. Goodnight.

R

Rama21

I froze up while I was playing. Tried to re-log but couldn't get in. Hopefully it logged me out or I may be dead. :-(

U

UOKaiser

Same here though I think it's being down for at least 7 hours so far. Had a account on lost connection it's poor beattle is stranded cant get back to him. Another account i tried around 7 hours ago couldnt get in.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Meh.
Well... it's not like we're paying for this or anything...

D

Der Rock

i think Santa ettempt to push all gifts at once in the avatar bags
was a mistake i belief :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is upsetting, I mean i'm sitting here playing Madden because UO is down.

The sad part - Its on PS2, and it's Madden 2003. I DON'T PLAY CONSOLE HURRY UP AND FIX IT. I'm on the 60th season of my franchise, and it's because UO goes down so often when I play, I only play late night.

V

Voodoo990

recalled into an unsafe location, locked up, logged out, tried to log back in, can't wait to see my ghost.......

B

Black Spirit

WOW UO finally found a way to stop the cheats. speed hackers and griefers. Well done.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gets a lil old folks (EA) that these log in servers keep going down for Hours at a time.... since when does it take 90+ mins to do log in server maint. Last I knew it was like all the rest of the maint times, just a few mins. :mad:

L

Lord Mercer

It is now 3:30 Am EST and I still cannot log into UO. Is this possibly a geographical problem?

I live in MI, where does everyone else live?

P

prodigyrick

I was in an hour ago, and bam booted. I thought it was because of trying to access my old account information too many times or something.

Logged out to switch characters, and walla, same issue as all of you. Before 1:20am, everything was A-OK for me all day long.

ps.. Checking the news, updates, and server pages reveals nothing. Great way to service the userend EA. :(

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When will EA realize that Uo is the best MMO that they are involved in. Scrap war hammer, put your resources into UO.

At least this is the best MMo they will have unless they buy Aventurine out and take over darkfall.

lol loser

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well this sure makes me glad i pay for such a wonderful service... any one got a 24 hour number for EA? or is it all just 9-5 transfer you to india crap?

D

Der Rock

any news from Al-Djasira, that al Qaida has planned something with UO-server ???
hope not :(

hey, al Qaida people, if you read this, GO away from UO , take World of Warcraft down ;)
(11 million victims against 30k sounds more profitable)
:)

(i bet this post got intercepted from FBI :) )

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be nice if uo could have a message on their site with estimated down time, an apology, a pledge to credit downtime to your account, a picture of inu the crone laughing manically at people that pay to play uo, anything really.

I

Inspector

WTF I am really gettin mad... Buy some new ****in login servers... The ones you have are obviously big piles of crap... They go down at least once a week and **** off your customers.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A friend just told me that the log-ins have been down for hours. I have only been trying for some 30 odd minutes. However what p....s me off more than anything is the total lack of communication.

Here we all are in limbo with no idea at all if EA are even aware there is a problem.
Have we got to wait another 3 hours or so for the USA personnel to get to work?. Is the problem already being addressed? Who the hell knows?.

Is the idea to so infuriate us UO diehards that we join all those that have already left? If it aint perhaps they should consider that lack of information is a customer relations disaster. Oh I forgot, UO Customer Service is a contradiction in terms.

It took 2 hours 40 mins for the Titanic to sink, UO is taking slightly longer.

D

Der Rock

WTF I am really gettin mad... Buy some new ****in login servers... The ones you have are obviously big piles of crap... They go down at least once a week and **** off your customers.
yes, the problems is on server side.
because UO got new servers not long ago,
these new servers are built for 10 000 player at once on each shard.
If the amount of player activity per shard falls under 50 player, the servers directly went to sleeping mode.
atm servers are in a realy realy deep sleep :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
UO has been canceled. Everyone please mail in your membership cards.
(im kidding... you know ONE person is gonna get all freaked out because I said uo got canceled.... no its not really... at least not to MY knowledge.)

Are the WOW servers up?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, the problems is on server side.
because UO got new servers not long ago,
these new servers are built for 10 000 player at once on each shard.
If the amount of player activity per shard falls under 50 player, the servers directly went to sleeping mode.
atm servers are in a realy realy deep sleep :)
All we can do is wait till whoever in charge to wake up in the morning and go to work and hit that Enter key on his keyboard to bring the system out of sleep mode. Then we will be ok.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We can't log in either. EA, I can only hope that you read this thread and take on board just how annoyed the people who pay your wages are. And I have a little suggestion for you too. When you decide to run a multi time zone online game, you might want to consider multi time zone tech support. Because, at present, only those customers in YOUR time zone are actually going to not really mind that the log in servers are down. The rest of us are pretty ticked because we have to wait for you to get your asses out of bed before you'll fix the problem. We all pay the same, why the hell do those of us in a different time zone get even shoddier service than those in your time zone?

EA Customer Service - making even your worst customer service experience look good.

M

mtman

Early riser here and on vacation...will have to find something else to start my day...down on cats at 4:30am